BANGKOK
FruitPudding

So where are the cheapest pubs in Sukhumvit then?

Recently I was in Sukhumvit and it was 150 for a small bottle of Thai beer after 8pm!

What happened to the 70 baht a bottle days?! OK, it has been 5 years since I lived in Bangers, but still...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I heard they have a pub out in Bering, but I forgot the name, sorry. 🙂🙂

12 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

I heard they have a pub out in Bering, but I forgot the name, sorry. 🙂🙂

Even out in Bearing, I was paying 100 or 150 in the karaoke at the end of the soi for a big Singha. I’m not one for remembering beer prices, though. It was a good night out, as I recall, and I regretted wasting time going to the cheaper place first

Edited by StreetCowboy
Damn you, auto-correct!
  • Like 1

The Nana Condo was always the cheapest place in Soi 4. Not sure these days.

Not to be confused with the Nana Hotel which is more like a retirement village. The hookers who hang out around that place are even older, they have done a lot of kilometres and well past their use by date.

Three baggers, one for you and one for them and a bag for anyone who might be watching.

17 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

Not to be confused with the Nana Hotel which is more like a retirement village. The hookers who hang out around that place are even older, they have done a lot of kilometres and well past their use by date.

Three baggers, one for you and one for them and a bag for anyone who might be watching.

Lol.

Heaven@4 Hotel does draught Singha for around 160 a pint (buy 1 get 1 free) all night the last time I was there. But it is dismal. Always empty. And the bartender blares <deleted> music. After suffering through that you have no choice but to venture out.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

Lol.

Heaven@4 Hotel does draught Singha for around 160 a pint (buy 1 get 1 free) all night the last time I was there. But it is dismal. Always empty. And the bartender blares <deleted> music. After suffering through that you have no choice but to venture out.

that seems to be true of a lot of promo places near the red light areas...the atmosphere is so dire, that eventually you bite the bullet and go to the high priced venues...I recall the AYCD promo at Bangkok Beat about 6 years ago...370 for about 4 hours.  I did 14 Tigers, but damn, only a few flirty comments with the waitress, who seemed to be entertained by my ability to quaff, but the ambiance was so seriously lacking, wouldnt have passed as a Sunday brunch at the frat house.  Ended the night at Thermae with a woman who looked like Carrie Lam, except a bit older.

Edited by moontang

2 for you in case one falls off lol

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I was in Bkk 2 months ago and we ended up drinking in a little narrow soi at a street bar. Lady selling som tum with some tables and selling big Leos 80 baht. Had an absolute ball. Dont know if they were avail but 3 or 4 middle aged ladies hanging around. In any case they were great fun and youd only have to walk 20 metres to find a 1000 baht freelancer. Could of been soi six? Or maybe other side of the road. I was staying in soi 8 and it was one of the sois on the way to soi 4. Definitely something different :-)

7 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

I was in Bkk 2 months ago and we ended up drinking in a little narrow soi at a street bar. Lady selling som tum with some tables and selling big Leos 80 baht. Had an absolute ball. Dont know if they were avail but 3 or 4 middle aged ladies hanging around. In any case they were great fun and youd only have to walk 20 metres to find a 1000 baht freelancer. Could of been soi six? Or maybe other side of the road. I was staying in soi 8 and it was one of the sois on the way to soi 4. Definitely something different 🙂

Glad to hear there is still street drinking allowed around Sukhumvit! I thought those bars had been cleared away.

I will be looking out for it. Cheers.

Funniest thing was their "toilet". Was a funnel attached to a hose going into a barrel haha. Simply pee into the funnel. Not sure if the girls were using it to but wouldve made for an even more enjoyable night :-)

1 hour ago, Cadbury said:

Nonsense.  The girls in the Nana car park are young.  The patrons of the hotel have changed in the last few years. The older European and American guys are still there but it became a Japanese go to place a few years ago and now they are letting indians in though keeping them to the lower floors. There are three really old women there, true. I have even seen some regular adventure tourists there. No idea what bagging refers to in the above post but I presume its pejorative and dismissive.