Floods in Koh Chang

mauGR1

1 minute ago, Nyezhov said:

Well stay safe and keep us posted, Im feeling the need for some beach time soon

Well, still raining this morning, but not as heavily as yesterday. Checked the small bridge at Kai Bae, thankfully it's very strong, and the river is down to normal level.

Another bridge was under repair since last night, note that we have only 1 road in KC.. Apparently some places in the south of the island are still without electricity, tough luck for them, and for the electricians who have to do a dangerous work under the rain.

19 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Well, still raining this morning, but not as heavily as yesterday. Checked the small bridge at Kai Bae, thankfully it's very strong, and the river is down to normal level.

Another bridge was under repair since last night, note that we have only 1 road in KC.. Apparently some places in the south of the island are still without electricity, tough luck for them, and for the electricians who have to do a dangerous work under the rain.

You mean past Lonely Beeach to the pier? Where the nice condos are?

3 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Not exactly, past Kai Bae, and apparently Lonely Beach, Bailan, and Bang Bao, where the road ends, are all without electricity.

24 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Not exactly, past Kai Bae, and apparently Lonely Beach, Bailan, and Bang Bao, where the road ends, are all without electricity.

Khlong Koi? I have been looking at Condos down there. 

4 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

As much as you can consider safe reading TVF, not many alternatives with such a weather !

Yeah it aint like you are running to the beach then. How is the road down there in the Russian beach area (is that Kai bae, I call it Russia town lol)? Where the creek comes off the waterfall? 

5 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Yeah it aint like you are running to the beach then. How is the road down there in the Russian beach area (is that Kai bae, I call it Russia town lol)? Where the creek comes off the waterfall? 

Perhaps you are confusing Kai Bae, which may look Russian town at times lol, with Khlong Plu waterfall.

Obviously the waterfall area is heavily affected, but all the khlongs are running wild, and all the bridges are in danger.

If the torrential rains don't stop, there will be more damage for sure.

10 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Perhaps you are confusing Kai Bae, which may look Russian town at times lol, with Khlong Plu waterfall.

Obviously the waterfall area is heavily affected, but all the khlongs are running wild, and all the bridges are in danger.

If the torrential rains don't stop, there will be more damage for sure.

LOL I meant to say that the creek that comes down off the waterfall runs through Kai Bae.

I met a dude on the bus last year from malta I think he was, lived up by the waterfall he said. Hope hes making it OK LOL

6 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

LOL I meant to say that the creek that comes down off the waterfall runs through Kai Bae.

I met a dude on the bus last year from malta I think he was, lived up by the waterfall he said. Hope hes making it OK LOL

Not to be pedantic, but Khlong Plu and its creek, or khlong, are about 10 km. from Kai Bae.

Kai Bae has its own khlong ????

14 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Not to be pedantic, but Khlong Plu and its creek, or khlong, are about 10 km. from Kai Bae.

Kai Bae has its own khlong ????

Yeah I know, but you know what I mean. Like one is the less crowded elephant camp area and the other is the Russian town yes? But I know its raining and you are bored so I will keep going ????

1 minute ago, Nyezhov said:

Yeah I know, but you know what I mean. Like one is the less crowded elephant camp area and the other is the Russian town yes? But I know its raining and you are bored so I will keep going ????

Honestly, you can keep it going, but i have no idea what are you on about ????

4 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Condos?

On a tropical island?

Jeez, another reason to not go back there.

I was there around 14-15 years ago, although some places were still nice, i could see other areas starting to get over developed.

But condos?

Is there nothing sacred anymore?

1 minute ago, thaiguzzi said:

Condos?

On a tropical island?

I was there around 14-15 years ago, although some places were still nice, i could see other areas starting to get over developed.

But condos?

Unfortunately, you are right, but the island is big enough, and you can still find some places which are still pristine.

13 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Condos?

On a tropical island?

But condos?

They arent real big condos. They ask like 7mil for them, which would be a bargain if the exchange rate was better

2 minutes ago, tifino said:

Accuweather Radar also puts up a good 5 hours sequence

Much, much less than yesterday though, at the moment just spitting here.

The massive damage was caused by some 20 hrs non-stop torrential rain.

Archived