BANGKOK
Kalasin Jo

Brit expat voting rights in UK elections and referendums

Some may feel they have no connection with the UK other than a passport having been out of the UK for decades (. often the very same, bizarrely, who support even an extreme no deal brexit).

Because they think Britannia still rue's the waves and the red passport should only be the thing that opens up the world or they just like carrying around a fad wad of worthless pounds its a comfort thing or again I could be completely wrong but I'm sure one will be along shortly to clarify why we would all like to know 🤔

• Haha 1

On 9/15/2019 at 3:59 AM, sammieuk1 said:

Some may feel they have no connection with the UK other than a passport having been out of the UK for decades (. often the very same, bizarrely, who support even an extreme no deal brexit).

Because they think Britannia still rue's the waves and the red passport should only be the thing that opens up the world or they just like carrying around a fad wad of worthless pounds its a comfort thing or again I could be completely wrong but I'm sure one will be along shortly to clarify why we would all like to know 🤔

Nope , do confine just making things up about non existent people and stating what these made-up non existing people think

• Like 2

UK residents , and  those paying community tax,  are the only ones , who should have the choice to vote .

The rest are just, i have , etc ...

Edited by elliss
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, sanemax said:

Nope , do confine just making things up about non existent people and stating what these made-up non existing people think

Riveting reply 🤔

6 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Riveting reply 🤔

Well you started it so what did you expect? A treatise on the virtues of clinging to colonial aspirations in an era of rising nationalism and a broad retreat from globalism?

11 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Well you started it so what did you expect? A treatise on the virtues of clinging to colonial aspirations in an era of rising nationalism and a broad retreat from globalism?

I got what I expected so far🤔

Why should a Brit Vote.?. They voted over Brexit and Yobs caused problems cause they didn’t like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 2

If the expatriate Briton hasn't cared to maintain his/her legal right to vote at home while gallivanting around the globe, that's entirely their own fault wrought of their own blissful ignorance and a misplaced sense of entitlement. Giving them back the vote that they so cavalierly discarded as irrelevant is a slap in the face of those with the intelligence who appreciated that retaining your voting rights in your birth nation AND HAVE EXERCISED THAT VOTING RIGHT, is a thing of fundamentally great importance.

It is only now that the recent rigors of Thai immigration procedural changes and the rubbish exchange rates have conspired with the slowly gathering global economic depression to garner the faltering attention of those woefully and misbegotten short-sighted pseudo-colonials. The chickens are truly coming home to roost but I suggest that the door to the NHS and free bus pass hen house should be boarded up.

As for these government-endorsed petitioning platforms, if you are not registered to vote in the UK, then you shouldn't be allowed to sign the bloody things.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, alan grice said:

Why should a Brit Vote.?. They voted over Brexit and Yobs caused problems cause they didn’t like it.emoji232.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

the left doesn't want people to vote, especially if they are not dependent on them. The Remain Parliament refuses a General Election, and wants to choose for us... despite the result of the referendum they hate.

AFW.jpg

ed9637b99b32a9302ec24278e35980c2.jpg&sp=

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

You may also believe that you can return to the UK at any time and use the NHS for free and claim benefits but currently you can't until you have demonstrated that you are "ordinarily resident" there. That's at least 3 months and the definition is a moveable feast in other ways too for the UK authorities

Not true.  When you return to the UK, you only have to state that you have returned for settlement.  You will get full NHS and benefits immediately.  I know as I've done that.  My children changed my mind after 6 months and we returned to Thailand.

• Like 2