Fate and the art of motorcycle tyre inflation

Kinnock

There's another thread on "do you believe in God", but my bike provides daily evidence that random chance does not apply to motorcycle tyre valves.

If it did, then every time I park my bike, the valves would not hide in the most inaccessible area behind the chain (rear) or between the forks (front).  There's 360 degrees of rotation, but only 3 degrees behind the chain ..... but every time I want to check my tyres pressures ..... 

Rant over.

I feel better now. ????

Sidebar.
I purchased a chargeable air compressor. Set the desired pressure / attach to the valve / turn on and it magically stops once the desired pressure is reached. I stopped using my tire pressure gauge a long time ago.
Best tool I've bought for my bike.

43 minutes ago, xerostar said:

Don't let a Thai inflate the tyres because he likes to over-inflate so the tyres are like concrete.

Also they don't handle well on slippery, wet roads.

Yeah !  The principle of inflating a tyre in Thailand is quite simple.

If the tyre wall says "maximum pressure 55psi" then that is the best pressure to have because maximum is always best.

Simples eh !

Yeah !  The principle of inflating a tyre in Thailand is quite simple.

If the tyre wall says "maximum pressure 55psi" then that is the best pressure to have because maximum is always best.

Simples eh !
This morning stop at the gas station and there were a couple of young thais in the air gauge so I just wait - and see. The process was:

- Put air
- Touch the tire with the thumb
- Set the machine +5psi
- Put air again
- Repeat this process 4 times

He put at least 40 or 45 psi. I think it so good pressure for a 50Kg guy, I'm sure he can fly with the mocy set that way - literally.

Archived