BANGKOK
webfact

Terracotta Warriors exhibition 'a symbol of closer Thailand-China ties'

As if we need a reminder of how close the Ties are between the Thais and Chinese... 

• Haha 1

And 'Walking With Dinosaurs The Arena Spectacular' 'a symbol of Thailand's regression to historic values.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

symbol of closer Thailand-China ties'

Oh dear, for this statement it is not necessary to show the terracotta warriors. 

By the way the Chinese warriors nowadays are not out of terracotta but real. 

I wonder if Chinese visitors - they are after all foreigners - will be charged B200?

8 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

Up2U

This same exhibition was at the Rain City Science Center, three years ago was it (?) Yep must have been three years ago. I stopped by cause I was back home on vacation and staying in walking distance. Ok for what it is, but after visiting I do not know if I would make the effort to see it if it was more than walking distance.

Oh, it was much more expensive than 200 Baht so that is a deal, even if it leads to the painful effects of mental constipation due to dual pricing in your brain pain.  :biggrin:  Suck it up.

Is there any correlation between “mental constpation” and “verbal diarrhea”?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MaxYakov said:

For Bt200 vs Bt30 for Thai citizens, I want to see the exhibit descriptions/notations in my language or forget it. Ref: the artifact description in the article's image.

This problem should be fixed soon when everyone is forced to speak mandarin.

• Haha 1

Two special sessions are scheduled on Monday and Tuesday (September 16-17), before normal sessions every Sunday to Wednesday from 9am to 4 pm until December 15. Thai visitors will be charged a fee of Bt30 per person while foreigners will pay Bt200 per head.

Please note that the Thai National Museum is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.

So the normal sessions for visiting the exhibition should read every Wednesday to Sunday (and not the other way around)

3 hours ago, choff56 said:

s there any correlation between “mental constpation” and “verbal diarrhea”?

Most likely there is  :biggrin:

However why don't you visit the exhibit, It might loosen things up. Then recheck my review. I've actually seen it.  

4 hours ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

Beware the Chinese bear, he will hug you to death.

I think Russian are the huggy bear, Chinese the dragon that'll burn you to cinders.

39 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

I think Russian are the huggy bear, Chinese the dragon that'll burn you to cinders.

I was thinking of Pooh Bear, the very mention of whom, on Chinese social media, sends the Chicoms into paroxysms of censure and censor, such is his political power.

9 hours ago, Mick501 said:

There actually a permanent display of original terracotta warriors at Viharna Sien temple just south of Pattaya.  The only permanent display outside China.  Also houses a magnificent collection of Chinese and Thai antiquities.  Probably better than the museum tour and well worth the 50b admission.

For sure worth a visit. Some of the 'bronze'? statues outside are quite impressive.

Easy drive from Patts, head for Bhudda Mountain and just brfore you reach it turn left at the top of hill. Maybe 1 kilometre? down the road. Big car park as well.

Troll post reported and removed.