More than 100,000 shops join tourism subsidy program

webfact

More than 100,000 shops join tourism subsidy program

41429a39d8230279bfe39457c29f7226_small.jpg

BANGKOK, 15 September 2019(NNT) - The Ministry of Finance reports that more than 100,000 shops have registered in the domestic tourism subsidy program allowing them to receive payments from allowances paid to domestic tourists, stressing preparedness in the travelers registration system.

The Minister of Finance, Uttama Savanayana has revealed the outcomes of economic stimuli following the joint committee meeting, saying that more shops have registered with the domestic tourism subsidy program, with some 100,000 shops now registered.

Most of these businesses, up to 80,000 shops, currently accept payments from Pracharat welfare cards, while some 32,000 shops are new. The number of new shops registered is still below the government’s 40,000 shops target. Registration is still open, and the Ministry of Finance is positive the number of shops will reach the target.

Interested shop owners can register until 20th September, while members of the general public who wish to receive allowances from this program for domestic travel can register from 23rd September to 22nd November.

Registered persons will receive a 1,000 baht allowance each from the government, and receive 15 percent cashback for their domestic travel expenses not exceeding 30,000 baht in total. The allowance must be used within 14 days of receiving a confirmation SMS. The Ministry of Finance is confident the online registration system will be ready, and can accommodate about 1,000,000 registrations daily.

On helping measures for farmers, the Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives has submitted the names of some 2 million registered rice farmers for the 2019-2020 cultivation season to the Bank for Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives for verification.

These farmers, after having their eligibility verified, will receive compensation at a rate of 500 baht per rai, capped at 20 rai, transferred into their bank accounts in three days.

nnt.jpg

3 hours ago, webfact said:

this program for domestic travel can register from 23rd September to 22nd November.

Registered persons will receive a 1,000 baht allowance each from the government, and receive 15 percent cashback for their domestic travel expenses not exceeding 30,000 baht in total. The allowance must be used within 14 days of receiving a confirmation SMS

'domestic travel expenses'? What does that include I wonder - petrol, inter-province bus fares?

'with some 100,000 shops now registered' - ha ha ha! I bet there's sure to be a lot of disappointed retailers.

Alright, so it's only for Thais. However, I see it as an absolute waste of time and money and not practical at all.

The only people who might gain could be those who either happen to have booked travel already during the two months the scheme is running, or people with independent means who don't work.

My wife's sister is coming on holiday to Thailand in January and I was going to get her and my wife to register for the scheme. Too late for them to join, it will have expired way before then.

100,000 shops have registered 

Registered persons will receive a 1,000 baht allowance each from the government, and receive 15 percent cashback for their domestic travel expenses not exceeding 30,000 baht in total. The allowance must be used within 14 days of receiving a confirmation SMS. The Ministry of Finance is confident the online registration system will be ready, and can accommodate about 1,000,000 registrations daily.

100,000 shops have registered. The system can accommodate 1,000,000 registrations of domestic travellers per day.

Who on earth is going to keep track of all this. Cash flying everywhere into untold fictional pockets and purses.

This will end up being the scam of the decade.

Anyway good luck to the punters, they deserve a few scraps occasionally.  

Archived