BANGKOK
scubascuba3

Transferwise transfers to Bangkok Bank

The one that I did on the second of this month was. As have all my other ones this year. 

• Like 1

All my Transfers are recorded as ATS (Automatic Transfer System) and this for the last year incl. this month.

1 minute ago, chris_samui said:

All my Transfers are recorded as ATS (Automatic Transfer System) and this for the last year incl. this month.

So are ATS transfers considered by Thai Immigration to be the same as FTT, from a foreign bank?

• Thanks 1

Every transfer this year apart from one a the beginning of June has arrived FTT. Both the Bangkok Bank and Transferwise told me that the one in June was due to a software upgrade. Since that upgrade there has been a "new reason for the transfer" option available in the transfer application for transfers to Thailand. It's been successful every time for me.

Since that upgrade there has been a "new reason for the transfer" option available in the transfer application for transfers to Thailand. It's been successful every time for me.

What are the "new reason for the transfer" options? or which one do you choose to ensure it's FTT foreign?

"Funds for long term stay in Thailand", I can't say that even this guarantees the coding required by our friends in Immigration.
I asked TransfereWise, they told me "Funds for long term stay in Thailand" was for information only and did not guarantee international code at the reciving bank.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CharlieBri said:

So are ATS transfers considered by Thai Immigration to be the same as FTT, from a foreign bank?

Unlikely, I would have tbought. Strikes me that the ATS code may well be on a par with the dreaded SMT code applied by Bangkok Bank to TransferWise transfers where Kasikorn or TMB have acted as TransferWises's receiving agency bank in Thailand.

25 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

"Funds for long term stay in Thailand", I can't say that even this guarantees the coding required by our friends in Immigration.

The only surefire method of guaranteeing the coveted FTT code in the case of us Brits with Bangkok Bank accounts IMHO is by making transfers via their London branch (notwithstanding the formidable bureaucratic hoops which first need to be jumped through before this facility can be used) - although it is essential to ensure that GBP-to-THB conversions are performed in Bangkok post-transfer rather than in London pre-transfer.

Am totally bemused with this ongoing situation
Surely but surely you bring the bank statement from (insert your thai bank) showing last 12 months or whatever showing incoming funds and alongside (insert your foreign bank) your statement showing the corresponding outgoing transfers....how simple does it need to be

I simply dont believe that Thai immigration are that stupid

There several ways of getting the money into your Th account. 1. Via a third party bank in Thai 2. They don’t send the money but transfer it locally. Both these ways it will shows as Domestic code, like a interbank code. If they send it direct to your bank than it’s fine, but it’s like Russian roulette.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, colinchaffers said:

There several ways of getting the money into your Th account. 1. Via a third party bank in Thai 2. They don’t send the money but transfer it locally. Both these ways it will shows as Domestic code, like a interbank code. If they send it direct to your bank than it’s fine, but it’s like Russian roulette.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Totally irrelevant to what I wrote.