Emission Test Cost to renew registration

jeffandgop

I just went to the tax place to obtain new tax, and they did the so called test and the charge was free.

N/B every car got through, some had no lights and others had breaks that failed the rolling road, not forgetting the black smoke billowing out of exhaust. The only thing that was checked was the engine No: were the same as the book. Seemed somewhat a joke.

4 hours ago, fredob43 said:

I just went to the tax place to obtain new tax, and they did the so called test and the charge was free.

N/B every car got through, some had no lights and others had breaks that failed the rolling road, not forgetting the black smoke billowing out of exhaust. The only thing that was checked was the engine No: were the same as the book. Seemed somewhat a joke.

What ride did you take...?

5 hours ago, fredob43 said:

And you are sure it is not hidden in the total bill?

"tax place": what exactly do you mean with that?

Very unusual wording.

The tests are done by private workshops (yellow cogwheel) which then do the tax/insurance thing for you at the DLT (Departement of Land Transport).

And that is not free (though negligible compared to complementary 3rd party insurance e.g.).

9 hours ago, transam said:

What ride did you take...?

My last Tuna that was nearly 9 year old when I sold it. If you had read any of my posts you would know that I have only had 3 lumps. Vigo and two Tunas.

8 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

And you are sure it is not hidden in the total bill?

"tax place": what exactly do you mean with that?

Very unusual wording.

The tests are done by private workshops (yellow cogwheel) which then do the tax/insurance thing for you at the DLT (Departement of Land Transport).

And that is not free (though negligible compared to complementary 3rd party insurance e.g.).

For All's information the Car Tax place where I live does all the testing and issues the new tax disc. It's a one stop do everything. So I or they don't have to go anywhere else to get the lot done. The test is Free, you just pay government insurance and Tax cost all done at the same place. Sorry if you have to mess around but some of us don't. I'm going by there tomorrow if I remember I'll take a snap.

7 hours ago, fredob43 said:

My last Tuna that was nearly 9 year old when I sold it. If you had read any of my posts you would know that I have only had 3 lumps. Vigo and two Tunas.

For All's information the Car Tax place where I live does all the testing and issues the new tax disc. It's a one stop do everything. So I or they don't have to go anywhere else to get the lot done. The test is Free, you just pay government insurance and Tax cost all done at the same place. Sorry if you have to mess around but some of us don't. I'm going by there tomorrow if I remember I'll take a snap.

We have the same where I live, the queue to use the gov service comes out the yard and continues up the road, and that is any day of the week, folk sit must sit there for hours. Now just around the corner is a private test centre, hardly ever a queue, longest I have been there is about 30 minutes, all for the fee of 200bht, so a no brainer..

PS. I do not keep a record of your previous rides....????

5 hours ago, transam said:

We have the same where I live, the queue to use the gov service comes out the yard and continues up the road, and that is any day of the week, folk sit must sit there for hours. Now just around the corner is a private test centre, hardly ever a queue, longest I have been there is about 30 minutes, all for the fee of 200bht, so a no brainer..

PS. I do not keep a record of your previous rides....????

As I said went there today. I asked and I was correct if you take the full service Car test and tax + government insurance the test is free.

Snap of place and like yours it's empty so would only take around 30 min: and for no cost.

First one of test part second where they do the Tax, G insurance.

To prove it's the same place just look at the reflection in the glass.

They also have a very nice restaurant and coffee shop so you can indulge whilst your waiting. Sorry to say unlike Toyota you have to pay.

IMGP0010 (1).JPG

IMGP0011 (2).JPG

Archived