Renew child passport query please

Hiya, I am a UK passport holder but living in Bangkok I am applying to renew my 8 year old son's passport and understand that someone must countersign on the passport application form. I am confused as to who can do this as there is a preferred list of acceptable occupations of the 'countersigner'  but I also read that the countersigner should not be a Thai, but instead a UK passport holder ?  Can anyone help please ? Thanks in advance !

They look for it to be signed by British/EU national, who should have known you for two years or so. How ever that is not always practical. It should be possible for a Thai to sign, if they are in a recognised. Employment, e.g. Airline pilot etc if no UK person is available, that fits the criteria. Especially if the child can still be recognised from the old passport photo....

Your first choice should be a UK passport holder who perhaps knows you/your son, if you have that option. I have successfully used a retired friend to do this, not anybody on the special person's list

Edited by jacko45k

Thank you so much for your comments. So it sounds like a retired UK passport holder is best, even if they are not on the special list of occupations... I have plenty of Brit pals here in Bkk who have known me and my son for many years, but none of them are on the list of preferred occupations. I will make sure they sign the photo as well. Thanks again. Much appreciated....  Patrick