Copy of Speeding Ticket

khunbillmex

A traffic cam somewhere around Khon Kaen caught my wife going over the limit. The fine notice came in the mail. Finally getting around to pay the fine 2-3 weeks later she discovered that she had misplaced the paper and now cannot find it. Is there a way to get a copy? How would one go about it - like a search by license plate? Where could this be done?

• 4 weeks later...

Wife and I received 3 fines last year in the post (2 for speeding I think, 1 for crossing a fixed white line). 

The fines were each 500 baht, I recall something similar to a discount if they were paid early (i.e. within 2 weeks). We never paid any of the fines and when it was time to renew the Tax on our car there was no comment of these fines by the DLT so we've never paid them. 

I have no idea if these fines are still in the system or not, whether we'll have to pay them when we next renew or tax. 

I am on the highway for many hours a week and also have speeding and crossing the lane line (with no indication). Wasn't going to pay but the new laws with points deduction comes into effect in December, so possibly any payments (for earlier tickets) paid after that date could incur points deductions, so I am not going to risk it for 500 baht.

So will be more careful from now on.

I would say that losing the paper accidentally would be the most sensible option. Followed by a lack of memory which might or might not be jogged in the future.

Having had my memory thus jogged on several occasions, my amnesia again resumed it's dominance and led to undeterminate results.

I cannot even remember paying. I'm quite sure that if I were reminded again under more conducive circumstances that there would be no undue penalty incurred - and I am also quite sure that quite a sum of money could be involved should all of the forgotten missives come to light. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived