BANGKOK
madmitch

Very annoying video ads

Try 'Opera Browser'. I've been testing it for 2 days now and no issues at all. My computer is running much better.

On 10/3/2019 at 6:51 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Yes, I can confirm this.

It seems clicking with the right mouse button works - at least most of the time.

But that is obviously only a workaround and not a solution.

Doesn't work for me. 

Has to be a TVF thing as doesn't happen elsewhere.

Please, whoever decided this atrocious intrusion was acceptable STOP IT.

Why should I have to close the site and go back on again just because someone thought it a good idea to annoy the <deleted> out of us?

An I holding my breath common sense will prevail- no!

The site is horrible already as we have to wait for everything to load up every time we click on anything, and now we have this awful situation. Enough already.

I hope someone from forum support is actually reading this thread.

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Doesn't work for me. 

Has to be a TVF thing as doesn't happen elsewhere.

Please, whoever decided this atrocious intrusion was acceptable STOP IT.

Why should I have to close the site and go back on again just because someone thought it a good idea to annoy the <deleted> out of us?

An I holding my breath common sense will prevail- no!

The site is horrible already as we have to wait for everything to load up every time we click on anything, and now we have this awful situation. Enough already.

I hope someone from forum support is actually reading this thread.

I'll repeat what I said a few days ago and, hopefully I'll catch a few more folks attention.

I switched to using Crome Browser about a week ago when visiting TVF. So far, fingers crossed I've had no further issues with video pop-ups nor a lot of other intensive interference I was having with my browsing experience.

In fact, Crome proudly announces how many pop ups and videos it has blocked! I'm beginning to rather like Crome now.

Edited by Moonlover

12 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I'll repeat what I said a few days ago and, hopefully I'll catch a few more folks attention.

I switched to using Crome Browser about a week ago when visiting TVF. So far, fingers crossed I've had no further issues with video pop-ups nor a lot of other intensive interference I was having with my browsing experience.

In fact, Crome proudly announces how many pop ups and videos it has blocked! I'm beginning to rather like Crome now.

Oh silly me! I know it's not cool to quote ones own message, but I made a silly mistake last night.

I meant to say OPERA, not Crome! TVF runs very well on Opera Browser. Sorry for any confusion.

Have a good weekend folks.

Edited by Moonlover

Does anyone from forum support actually read these threads?

That <deleted> non removable video ad is still blocking the functionability of this forum.

If someone is trying to annoy us, the users of the forum, congratulations, you succeeded.

On 9/16/2019 at 4:08 PM, samsensam said:

why web designers and web marketing people think that by making their web sites/pages more annoying they will make the site more popular and/or increase sales is beyond me. but hey, maybe i'm just living in the past and these new fangled ways are just what people want these days.

just because you can do something it doesn't always make it a good idea to actually do it.

Because when people often missclick to close an ads it generate a click. It's all about click. I agree TV has the most annoying ads of all the website I use and for this reason I installed Brave on my phone to deal with it. I think overloading a site with adds is an older flawed model and will disappear in favor of other less intrusive models. 

Screenshot_20191020_060539_com.brave.browser.jpg

Edited by Tayaout

That &%^&%$%$^%$^%$^% video ad is still annoying the ^*%^%*^%*^%* out of me, and others, I'm sure.

I'm referring to the ones that don't have an x in the corner to remove them.

Why can't anything be done about it?

Does anyone from forum support even read these threads???????

Edited by thaibeachlovers

17 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That &%^&%$%$^%$^%$^% video ad is still annoying the ^*%^%*^%*^%* out of me, and others, I'm sure.

I'm referring to the ones that don't have an x in the corner to remove them.

Why can't anything be done about it?

Does anyone from forum support even read these threads???????

Most of the time these website use a ads agency. The ads are displayed according to some algorithms and even the agency has no idea which ads will play where and when!