New pet control measures now in effect

Rimmer

New pet control measures now in effect

pet.jpg

FILE photo

PATTAYA:--All dogs and cats must now be registered according to a new ordinance passed by the city council and signed into law by both the mayor and governor.

The law was signed Sept. 2 and came into effect 7 days later on Sept. 9. That would mean owners have until Sept. 9, 2020 to register their pets. Those who don’t face stiff fines.

Other edicts laid out in the new law include loose or unattended cats and dogs are banned from public areas, and on Pattaya North Road from Sukhumvit Road to the Dolphin Roundabout.

Nothing in the law states specifically how this will apply to strays.

Curiously, the law also puts a limit on pet ownership. People living in an area of 18 Sq. wa or less are not allowed to have more than 2 dogs and/or 3 cats, unless the pet owner obtains permission from their local pet control officer.

Read more: https://www.pattayamail.com/news/new-pet-control-measures-now-in-effect-264042

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-09-16--

26 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

Nothing in the law states specifically how this will apply to strays.

So any suspicious/trespassing pet will be disowned unless of course a farang hits it & then the queue of owners will stretch round the block.  At least with this system the real owner will be identifiable for compensation for the loss of his pet.

3 hours ago, toenail said:

Unfortunately this will not eliminate the neighborhood soi dogs that are given left over food ; yet left wandering around freely on the streets ( without proper shots or care) pestering pedestrians. 

And those pest , who run around in cars and motorbikes feeding them and they just multiply with more food, dog lovers who don’t think of the ramifications of feeding them

You would probably call the animal rights group on me if I told you about how I feel about soi dogs congregating in front of my and everyone else properties creating havoc all day long with the gated pets in our yards!

Barking and carrying on 24/7 

I'm not sure what benefit registration of pets will yield, just some sound good plan. It's the strays and semi-strays that are a big problem. Late at night, when 5-10 lay around on the street, 4-5 are running as a pack. I've already dented my bumper on one that probably was dinged in the head too many times already. Stopped riding motorcy late because of them. Of course tourists don't much visit the dark side at night.

1 hour ago, riclag said:

You would probably call the animal rights group on me if I told you about how I feel about soi dogs congregating in front of my and everyone else properties creating havoc all day long with the gated pets in our yards!

think you actually might find yourself in the majority, not minority

Where exactly do you register your pets? I have owned pets for more than 20 years in Thailand and have never found the answer to this question.

For clarity, I don't live in Pattaya anymore, but if this is successful I can see it being a nation-wide issue.

3 hours ago, riclag said:

Barking and carrying on 24/7 

Nope, even as I have 2 dogs myself I would not call on anybody. Strays and soi dogs are the worst. I just wish they would make it legal to put them out of their misery.

9 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Is this law for the whole country or onlt for Pattaya? If they can enforce it everywhere, that would be fantastic.

If that´s the case, I have 2 dogs and will run register asap.

only Pattaya

Archived