BANGKOK
mellow1

Letter from Thai Bank for Immigration

For a bank deposit for extension?  For monthly income for extension?  At what location?

• Like 1

It would be helpful if you told us what visa/extension you are applying for and what method you want to use Ex: 800k or income method...:coffee1:

• Like 2

Bank needs to provide list of 12 months deposits from outside Thailand into an account in your name only.  There does not seem to be a standard format for all banks but you should find some examples for Bangkok Bank with a Google search.  It is still a work in progress and additional proof may be asked or accepted depending on officer/office used.  Perhaps best to obtain a sample from them to show bank (as many seem to be not clear on what to do).  

Edited by lopburi3

I've been with Bankok bank for 19 yrs. and my montly wire tranfers all show FTT.

10 minutes ago, mellow1 said:

I've been with Bankok bank for 19 yrs. and my montly wire tranfers all show FTT.

Where will you be applying for your extension.

Not all offices are wanting a letter detailing your transfers.

Here is example of one. Example-BankLetter-Monthly-Deposits.pdf

Some offices will accept bank statements instead of the letter if they are shown foreign transfers. And a standard bank letter used for the money in the bank option to confirm your account.

Also each of the 12 monthly deposits must be in a specific month and all must exceed 65k or you will need to do a combo method which may or may not be allowed at your immigration office...

58 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

Also each of the 12 monthly deposits must be in a specific month and all must exceed 65k or you will need to do a combo method which may or may not be allowed at your immigration office...

Yes, but there might be leniency if a person had their next month's transfer showing at the end of a month (so two transfers that month) and no transfers the next month. That can happen with some pensions payers. Emphasis on might.

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Where will you be applying for your extension.

Not all offices are wanting a letter detailing your transfers.

Here is example of one. Example-BankLetter-Monthly-Deposits.pdf

Some offices will accept bank statements instead of the letter if they are shown foreign transfers. And a standard bank letter used for the money in the bank option to confirm your account.

I also use Bangkok Bank and did my renewal at Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration.  Although I had the bank letter confirming my  account and "Bank Statements" certified by the Bank for the preceding 12 months showing all transactions with the Int'l deposits coded "FTT" on the statements, they were not accepted.  They wanted the bank letter listing all foreign deposits into the account (they provided me with an example which is the same as shown in Ubonjoe's response) - the Immigration Officer (a very nice lady) also told me I needed to get it from the Branch where I opened my account as other Bangkok Bank branches could not provide a letter covering a full 12 months (I had obtained the "Bank Statements" from a customer service counter in Tesco Lotus and they had to obtain them from Bangkok, a week's wait).   My Branch did provide the letter, took a little over an hour as they had to print out "credit advices" for each deposit and I had many more than the 12 needed (fee 500 baht). They then prepared the Bank letter using the information from the print outs (fee 100 baht). The Bank gave me the "advices" and the letter; the letter was all  Immigration wanted

Also, Pattaya Immigration wanted to see a document from my pension source showing the monthly amount - I had already printed out an Annuity Statement showing this information which was acceptable.

Edited by soisanuk

22 minutes ago, soisanuk said:

Also, Pattaya Immigration wanted to see a document from my pension source showing the monthly amount

Interesting and seemingly over and above what is stated on the police order. Did they state 'pension source' or simply want something that matched the incoming transfers to The Bangkok Bank?

Proving a UK pension source for 65,000 baht p.c.m would require a decent private pension, or a combination with the State  one. 

A inflammatory post has been removed.

20 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Interesting and seemingly over and above what is stated on the police order. Did they state 'pension source' or simply want something that matched the incoming transfers to The Bangkok Bank?

Proving a UK pension source for 65,000 baht p.c.m would require a decent private pension, or a combination with the State  one. 

Jomtien want to see a confirmation of where the income is actually deriving from. A letter from your pension administrator etc. Many people have been asked to show it. I guess it is to stop the suggested scam of rotating funds.

• Like 1