Giving Guarantee to Thai friend

Viki1110

Hi,

I started working in Thailand like less than year back(9 months), I month ago I changed to a new company. A friend in new company want me to give him guarantee to buy a car. Honestly I don't know if I can give guarantee or not. And if i give, what will be the problem faced by me. My old work permit is cancelled and my new work permit is just 2 month old. Will i be eligible to provide guarantee and what happens if he does not pay the money to finance properly.

Being a guarantor means you effectively owe the money to the bank. If your friend does not pay, the bank will come to you for payment. Worst case, you can owe the bank the entire amount of the loan. My advise to anyone is to never sign as a guarantor, except for your immediate family. Even then, only when you are confident that they can repay the loan. Assisting someone to get a loan they clearly do not qualify for does not serve anyone.

I will spell it out for you two guys that don't get what i said    TROLL !

The writing of the OP follows the pattern of a Thai speaker.  Forget about the work permit stuff . 

The grammar and lack of an S on the words  month   and   want    indicate the way a Thai speaker would speak english.

viki ?  chai mai or mai chai ?    

3 minutes ago, rumak said:

The writing of the OP follows the pattern of a Thai speaker.  Forget about the work permit stuff . 

The grammar and lack of an S on the words  month   and   want    indicate the way a Thai speaker would

speak english.     

my guess eastern european coz lack of the definite article.

wbr

roobaa01

12 minutes ago, rumak said:

The grammar and lack of an S on the words  month   and   want    indicate the way a Thai speaker would speak english.

viki ?  chai mai or mai chai ?    

I don't agree.  A Thai would have put "na krubp" or "na ka" at the end. ????

Archived