Italian and his Thai wife inundated with donations to "make the south more beautiful"

webfact

Italian and his Thai wife inundated with donations to "make the south more beautiful"

8pm.jpg

Thai caption: Sharing beauty with the south

77kaoded reported that a Thai/Italian couple who have been together for 12 years were inundated with 5 tons of donations after they made an appeal earlier in the year for old cosmetics that people didn't want. 

Somkhuan, 42 and her husband Grabby, 35, intended for the cosmetics to be used first of all to make-up the faces of people who had died at hospitals in the south. 

This has now been expanded to hand out the cosmetics to poor schools in the region for use in school productions. 

The cosmetics will also help the children learn about make-up techniques. 

IMG_3959.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Grabby said he loves his wife very much and helps out when he can. He runs a business catering to the foreign community. 

If his wife is busy with the charity work he is more than happy to chip in with the housework. 

The couple have already put in 200,000 baht of their own money so that parcels could be sent free of charge. 

This is now over but the donations continued to pour in meaning they needed to find extra space for the mountain of 200,000 items. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-09-16

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Somkhuan, 42 and her husband Grabby, 35, intended for the cosmetics to be used first of all to make-up the faces of people who had died at hospitals in the south. 

What a strange idea, reaching out for donations of cosmetics to use on corpses.  Something peculiar about this whole thing. 

3 hours ago, tlandtday said:

a lot of people without food why the focus on cosmetics???

Who in Thailand have no food? 

Not in the south. We have food so much. We can not eat it all. So much fruit, we can not sell it all.

Nobody starve here. We look after each other.

Some of you need to do a little critical thinking before posting. Some people in the country are very poor, so that means when relatives die they might not a have the budget for make up on the body (most funerals here are open coffin).

Also, some cosmetics will probably come to them unopened, so these can be given to the schools to use in their plays.  I highly doubt they are giving them half used lipsticks and they are not just giving school kids make up to use all the time at school.

I mean come on, it ain't that difficult to think it through, is it?

14 hours ago, webfact said:

If his wife is busy with the charity work he is more than happy to chip in with the housework. 

And we're supposed to believe that he's an Italian man? Ya, right!!!  ???? (<- The winky thingy to show I'm just kidding in case that's not clear)

But seriously, good for them in seeing a need that none of us are likely to realize existed and also for taking on the burden of dealing with all those cosmetics. It sounds like they need donations of other people's time now to help out with storing, sorting, and distribution. 

I think the real question to be asked is: Why would any guy of 35 marry  a woman of 42???  I mean if he's dealing with mommy issues I may understand it.   And this is not uncommon.   My Thai B-in-L is 46 and his wife is 55..... But I  suppose if they not hurting anyone what difference does it make

6 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

I think the real question to be asked is: Why would any guy of 35 marry  a woman of 42???  I mean if he's dealing with mommy issues I may understand it.   And this is not uncommon.   My Thai B-in-L is 46 and his wife is 55..... But I  suppose if they not hurting anyone what difference does it make

I guess they got a number wrong, just look at the photo of him. I doubt that he is 35, maybe 45.

On 9/16/2019 at 1:19 PM, ezzra said:

I suppose it's important to look your best when you die of hunger...

"She died hungry but beautiful" Isn't this what young naive girls are doing now in Korea, Japan and China? They go for plastic surgery with all their savings.

What they don't realize is if they are tight and firm with the good grip men will like you all the more even if you have average look. Isn't that true ?

On 9/16/2019 at 11:39 PM, bluesofa said:

Could make you lose face.

That's why i like reading Thai visa, sometimes funny tales pop up.

Dead people lose face they turn pale. So make up is good for them.

Do you know sometimes they pop some tissue roll up into their mouth to puff up the cheek a little so it looks better? They say something like, "There you are darling, you look beautiful now, I know it's a bit uncomfortable, once you reach the other side you take them out, and don't forget to tip the boat man"  after saying this they had a laugh. People working in morgue are a funny lot, do you know that?

Archived