Appartment for 3 months near to BTS

sitanonchai

I already looked at apartments on several sites and also airbnb but mostly the reviews are not reflecting the real situation, was hoping for TV members who stay in an apartment near a BTS location who can share their experience.

btw budget it's no a problem but I think 10.000 baht for a decent apartment near a BTS station should do it.

Anyway thanks for the members with their positive input.

On 9/17/2019 at 7:27 PM, berybert said:

If your daughter has a 3 month internment at The Belgium Embassy, why not send them a message asking where they would recommend people in your daughters position stay, Probably get a better answer than on here.

Well, hopefully not a 3-month "internment". She's not going to be buried.

5 minutes ago, dddave said:

SK Tower, Immediately next to the Thong Lo BTS has rooms at that price.  Nothing fancy, just a basic room. Fridge and TV are ad-ons.  They will rent short term.

You can probably find a better deal through AirBnB.

I looked at those a few years back.....kind of nasty.

I used to stay at the Boss Mansion on Rama IV, Soi 42, 800 meters from Ekkamai BTS. Decent area, I think they were 12K short term for about 36 meters. If you get a back of the building room, you get a nice little view and balcony and its quiet.

I had similar problem (not this area though) when my parents came around for several months. Standard rent was minimum 12 months so that wasn't practical. In the end I went to Airbnb and entered the dates. It changed from daily to monthly rent and unlike normal rental agreements, included utilities in the price as well. So it was slightly more expensive than renting long term, but if adding utilities to that, probably cheaper.

I'd take a look there. It's not all illegal daily rental in there.

There are many apartments and condos along the BTS and MRT. And there are many in the 10k bracket but generally small, around 30m2 or less, although honestly for that few months and staying alone she doesn't really need much more.

I've been using AirBnB for over 5 years and here are some tips:

1. Prices are negotiable. Put in a 30 day range and if the price is 15K, ask the Host if they'll take 11K. Probably won't but they might counteroffer with 12 or 13K, especially after you describe your need for a 3 month rental.

2. Only book 30 days and let the Host know if your daughter likes the place you'll extend the stay for the remainder of the time. This way it's easier to find another place if necessary.

3. Be careful of booking with people who don't have any reviews. Once I got an outstanding place and another time a very good place, but once I received a very dirty and smelly place. Since I have a long history with many very favorable reviews by Hosts, AirBnB was quick (30 minutes after filing complaint) to give me an immediate refund. There are posts online that people weren't happy about not receiving a refund so if you don't have a history with AirBnB, ask the Host to check out the place before you book.

4. As you negotiate with the Host, be sure to ask about locks and security. If your daughter doesn't feel safe in the location and can document why, that's usually a good reason for asking for a refund if it's a topic that was documented in the exchange with the Host. if you communicate through the Air app or website, they have a record of everything that was said and promised.

Good luck. Lots of places now available with the crackdown on short term rentals.

Archived