Future Forward spokeswoman’s remarks about charter draw flak

webfact

Future Forward spokeswoman’s remarks about charter draw flak

61.jpg

Future Forward party spokeswoman Ms. Pannika “Chor” Wanich’s remarks about the entire Constitution has drawn flak from, among others, Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan, the Palang Pracharat party and academics.

During a panel discussion, held at the Maha Sarakham University on Sunday as part of the seven-party opposition’s campaign to solicit public support for constitutional amendments, Ms. Pannika, one of the panelists, said that the existing Constitution must be rewritten in its entirety “because every section sucks, the processes are unjust and the lack of public participation in the drafting of the Constitution”. General Prawit said that Ms. Pannika must be held accountable for her remarks.

Palang Pracharat party deputy spokeswoman Ms. Thipanan Sirichana said that Ms. Pannika’s remarks about the charter are totally unfounded, noting that the charter has been endorsed by 16.8 million people in a referendum.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/future-forward-spokeswomans-remarks-about-charter-draw-flak/

thaipbs.jpg

6 minutes ago, webfact said:

endorsed by 16.8 million people in a referendum.

This certainly help in getting the endorsement 

“The Court’s decision allowed the Election Commission (EC) to deem any criticism of the draft as a distortion of the facts, resulting in widespread arrests of local politicians, university students, and political activists who voiced disagreement with the draft”. 

At the time that constitution was passed I doubt there was 5000 people in the whole country who knew exactly what it consisted of. They just wanted to get on with a process that would lead to the end of the NCPO. Recent goings on would even suggest that the people responsible for its creation didn't really know how it would work, and as we have now find out, they made it up as they went along after an election.

19 minutes ago, webfact said:

General Prawit said that Ms. Pannika must be held accountable for her remarks

Get caught with a load of luxury watches, go to prison for smuggling heroin or have a fake doctorate, etc, and it's no problem. Call a spade a spade and you have to be held accountable. Truly amazing. 

It will take years to make any kind of amendments to the constitution, because they have to agree to it, then pass the laws and then make the amendments, and Prayut and his crownies have made it so watertight that any amended would have to go through rigorous attempts, they will be in for another term at least.

As for the 16.8 million people he says that gave them the green light, oh yes, where ?

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Ms. Pannika, one of the panelists, said that the existing Constitution must be rewritten in its entirety “because every section sucks, the processes are unjust and the lack of public participation in the drafting of the Constitution”. General Prawit said that Ms. Pannika must be held accountable for her remarks.

The only thing she will get into trouble over is telling the truth.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Palang Pracharat party deputy spokeswoman Ms. Thipanan Sirichana said that Ms. Pannika’s remarks about the charter are totally unfounded, noting that the charter has been endorsed by 16.8 million people in a referendum.

Except for the bits added after the referendum.

Two points to be made:

1) why do they wear their ID cards pinned to the outside of their shirts - is it in case they forget who they are?

2) Does that Military Policeman's head go all the way up to the top of his hat?

Both questions are of course off topic and irrelevant, but then so are any answers to the questions asked by Ms Pannika. The fact that all those in the photograph are in uniform tells us everything  that needs to be said about constitutional arrangements. 

16 hours ago, JAG said:

Two points to be made:

1) why do they wear their ID cards pinned to the outside of their shirts - is it in case they forget who they are?

2) Does that Military Policeman's head go all the way up to the top of his hat?

Both questions are of course off topic and irrelevant, but then so are any answers to the questions asked by Ms Pannika. The fact that all those in the photograph are in uniform tells us everything  that needs to be said about constitutional arrangements. 

Thai civil servants, including LGO's and teachers, all wear uniforms. In a land where uniforms, insignia, ribbons etc are loved as much as unnecessary paperwork with even more unnecessary chop stamps on it, seeing uniforms tells us <deleted> all.

But always nice to see so many ex Paras!

37 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Thai civil servants, including LGO's and teachers, all wear uniforms. In a land where uniforms, insignia, ribbons etc are loved as much as unnecessary paperwork with even more unnecessary chop stamps on it, seeing uniforms tells us <deleted> all.

But always nice to see so many ex Paras!

Even the teachers in the private schools wear uniforms now - white shirt with medal ribbons, two or three bars on the shoulder straps and black trousers. They look like bus drivers for Sombat Tour! I went  as a judge to one of those inter school competitions the other day and there were even some white teachers in uniforms - they couldn't tell me what the medals were for, and one of them accused me of taking the <deleted>  (he was right)!

Conformity is all. Mondays is white shirt uniform day, Tuesday scouts (the registrar/ chief scout has the most astonishing bandy legs), Wednesday sports kit and Thursday yellow polo shirt. Friday is traditional (Lanna) dress. I struggle by in shirt and tie, slacks and a Panama hat (the children love the Panama Hat). They tried to get me to conform to their colour coding but gave up after a fortnight. I have considered (as a Somerset man) turning up on Friday in a smock, gaiters, and carrying a pitchfork and a flagon of scrumpy!

As for Paras - well, perhaps Prawit is actually a fake - he doesn't have any wings! There again, perhaps the RTAF lacks a "heavy drop" capability.

21 hours ago, Lungstib said:

At the time that constitution was passed I doubt there was 5000 people in the whole country who knew exactly what it consisted of. They just wanted to get on with a process that would lead to the end of the NCPO. Recent goings on would even suggest that the people responsible for its creation didn't really know how it would work, and as we have now find out, they made it up as they went along after an election.

Like Brexit, then...

22 hours ago, webfact said:

if Palang Pracharat had said something different that would have been a huge/monster surprise as for the 16.8 million people wonder how many they "really" endorsed/voted for it knowing what it was about... maybe same type of endorsement/voting they used for the "democratic" elections

3 hours ago, JAG said:

Even the teachers in the private schools wear uniforms now - white shirt with medal ribbons, two or three bars on the shoulder straps and black trousers. They look like bus drivers for Sombat Tour! I went  as a judge to one of those inter school competitions the other day and there were even some white teachers in uniforms - they couldn't tell me what the medals were for, and one of them accused me of taking the <deleted>  (he was right)!

Conformity is all. Mondays is white shirt uniform day, Tuesday scouts (the registrar/ chief scout has the most astonishing bandy legs), Wednesday sports kit and Thursday yellow polo shirt. Friday is traditional (Lanna) dress. I struggle by in shirt and tie, slacks and a Panama hat (the children love the Panama Hat). They tried to get me to conform to their colour coding but gave up after a fortnight. I have considered (as a Somerset man) turning up on Friday in a smock, gaiters, and carrying a pitchfork and a flagon of scrumpy!

As for Paras - well, perhaps Prawit is actually a fake - he doesn't have any wings! There again, perhaps the RTAF lacks a "heavy drop" capability.

No cargo-chutes? :whistling: 

4 hours ago, JAG said:

And don't forget a bit of Morris dancing, that should get the kids onside. 

7 minutes ago, Artisi said:

And don't forget a bit of Morris dancing, that should get the kids onside. 

The only reason that Morris Dancers have bells at their wrists and knees is to <deleted> off blind people as well...

10 minutes ago, JAG said:

The only reason that Morris Dancers have bells at their wrists and knees is to <deleted> off blind people as well...

Thanks for that, not being a POM I often wondered the significance. 

Archived