Phuket Immigration clarifies TM28, 24-hour reporting ‘exceptions’

webfact

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If a terrorist come to Thailand they are not going to get a retirement visa they are just going to come here blow something up or kill people and leave. So why is Thailand still trying to punish the expats who live here and help Thailand and spend most or all of their retirement income here???????? Please some one tell me

So if you are a terrorist that come here on a tourist visa and moves around to look for the best  places to do the most damage, then they do not have to report their movements but if you are a good expat living here helping to support Thailand then you have to report every time you go some place 

2 hours ago, RBOP said:

So this is the TM28 one. Is there even a form for reporting that? Notice Retirement and Marriage visa are not exempt. Pure 100% BS from Immigration Department and anotherway they can collect fines. They think it so clever. 

Read Dr.Tuner's insightful post #17 which explains why retirement and marriage visas are not mentioned on the poster, the omission makes the poster utterly confusing and useless.

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Col Kathathorn this morning admitted that the announcement may be confusing.

As confusing as hell.... this means the tourists to which they want to keep tabs on are now exempt and expats who are resident still need to comply?

What a complete and utter shambles.. 

17 hours ago, inactiveposter said:

“The competent official” - i’m lost for words.

In fairness I think most of us who are caught up in this fiasco have the necessary vocabulary

but should we chose to put it into print we would likely be on a deformation case. 

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

None, there is no requirement for a landlord, Thai or foreigner to report themselves.

If you are a foreigner and own the property/condo then you have to do a TM30 to register yourself as a owner and then report your self as "roomer". 

1 minute ago, RBOP said:
1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

None, there is no requirement for a landlord, Thai or foreigner to report themselves.

If you are a foreigner and own the property/condo then you have to do a TM30 to register yourself as a owner and then report your self as "roomer". 

Yes, thats common knowledge but nothing to do with a requirement for a landlord to report themselves, which was the original question.

An owner isnt a landlord, they dont sign a lease with themselves or charge themselves rent.

Do you get the feeling that its back to front?? Dis 

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Chief Col Kathathorn Kumthieng clarified

Tourists and short stay should be the ones to report their whereabouts.

Long stay such as retirement, married and those who report every 90 days (which is all long stayers) should be the ones that are exempt.

Maybe his staff heard him wrong, ?

Its a pointless concession...

Honestly, I'm so <deleted> bored with this TM.30 nonsense. I just dont even bother anymore, I'll just pay the fine, no standardisation, I'm happy to comply but it need to be simple and consistent. No for now, as I travel twice a week. I'll just pay the fine if and when required. 

3 minutes ago, Ricebarnandrooms said:

Do you get the feeling that its back to front?? Dis 

Tourists and short stay should be the ones to report their whereabouts.

Long stay such as retirement, married and those who report every 90 days (which is all long stayers) should be the ones that are exempt.

Maybe his staff heard him wrong, ?

Its a pointless concession...

Everybody knows terrorists first apply for a retirement extension before blowing things up

17 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Border runners are considered safe, but long termers with families, houses, etc. are a security risk!

Who also contribute to the village and upkeep of possibly more than one family, put children into thai schools, buy Thailand made vehicles and household goods. 

It goes on and on...

But we are the security risks. ????

11 minutes ago, Mickc said:

Honestly, I'm so <deleted> bored with this TM.30 nonsense. I just dont even bother anymore, I'll just pay the fine, no standardisation, I'm happy to comply but it need to be simple and consistent. No for now, as I travel twice a week. I'll just pay the fine if and when required. 

yes so clever and when it goes up to 30 000 you are still happy?

It seems to me this is just a blurb to keep the businesses and foreign investors happy after the flack they have been getting from overseas. As usual, they can never admit to being wrong, lose too much face. This way they are seen to be giving way, but not too much. 

Interesting to note the current ADVERTISING Campaign promoting THAILAND as “The Place” to stage Conventions, Exhibitions and 

Do Business.

The ads are running on CNA (Channel News Asia) from SINGAPORE.

They extoll the magnificent advantages of choosing THAILAND to stage events without fuss and bother !

Archived