Teeth whitening

georgegeorgia

Personally would do it in Oz, at least you know what your up against there and you have a come back position.

To answer your question, no I haven't and don't really use the dentists here unless I have to, although they are cheap and ok, but as my dentist of 32 years once said to me, mate, do you know what they are putting in your fillings/crowns, are you sure the materials are not some hubcaps melted down off a car, just saying ????

Your actually right...I stopped using the dentists in Pattaya after several incidents, he accidentally broke my front tooth after  using the polishing machine was one , second time they said the back tooth is too hard to do a filling and he wanted to extract it instead...easier for him he said than to spend time filling 

then went to one when i wanted a single tooth denture....he said its easier if i get a “bridge “ denture ......wanted  to knock out 3 good teeth so he could put 4 dentures in !

easier he said than makng a single tooth denture !

then I nearly choked on a xray plastic thing they put in my mouth ...their was no handle on it to remove it

gave up on them 

23 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Personally would do it in Oz, at least you know what your up against there and you have a come back position.

To answer your question, no I haven't and don't really use the dentists here unless I have to, although they are cheap and ok, but as my dentist of 32 years once said to me, mate, do you know what they are putting in your fillings/crowns, are you sure the materials are not some hubcaps melted down off a car, just saying ????

So paranoid. First you admit you dont use dentists in thailand then you suggest they use car parts. I had to laugh at this.

Thailand has extremely high standards of dental care. It is one area of medicine that they really do excel in.

All crowns, veneers etc are made in the dental labs in bkk. The materials for fillings are imported from abroad.

Dental clinics will obviously vary in skills and ethics but your comments is so daft. no offence...

23 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Your actually right...I stopped using the dentists in Pattaya after several incidents, he accidentally broke my front tooth after  using the polishing machine was one , second time they said the back tooth is too hard to do a filling and he wanted to extract it instead...easier for him he said than to spend time filling 

then went to one when i wanted a single tooth denture....he said its easier if i get a “bridge “ denture ......wanted  to knock out 3 good teeth so he could put 4 dentures in !

easier he said than makng a single tooth denture !

then I nearly choked on a xray plastic thing they put in my mouth ...their was no handle on it to remove it

gave up on them 

You should try any clinic that offers Zoom. They guarantee 3 shades whiter. prices range from 8500 baht to 10k. The results are amazing

On 9/16/2019 at 3:02 PM, 4MyEgo said:

Gee now why would your old dentist of 32 years have anything bad to say about a country where modern best dental practice is offered at a fraction of the cost. 

1 hour ago, ubonr1971 said:

So paranoid. First you admit you dont use dentists in thailand then you suggest they use car parts. I had to laugh at this.

Thailand has extremely high standards of dental care. It is one area of medicine that they really do excel in.

All crowns, veneers etc are made in the dental labs in bkk. The materials for fillings are imported from abroad.

Dental clinics will obviously vary in skills and ethics but your comments is so daft. no offence...

Paranoid when it comes to dentist here, $hit yeh.

Extremely high standards, yeh right, no just yet mate.

Not as daft as your reply, no offence taken ????

1 minute ago, metempsychotic said:

Gee now why would your old dentist of 32 years have anything bad to say about a country where modern best dental practice is offered at a fraction of the cost. 

Maybe because he has had to redo work from clients who have been to Thailand to do their dental work, or would you be thinking to keep me as a client as opposed to losing me to Thailand, yeh right, or maybe because he is already established and doesn't need to work, although works one day a week to service his clients.

Just now, ubonr1971 said:

I agree. 

But: ethics IS a problem in Thailand,  especially when it comes do dealing with farang.

Furthermore,  if you are looking for ethics in Pattaya you are looking at the wrong place. 

Even worse if you are looking for cheap service. Bangkok Pattaya Hospital has an excellent dental department,  but very expensive. My experiences with cheap or medium-priced dentists in Pattaya are not very good. 

As for the hubcaps: the materials dentists routinely use in Thailand are much cheaper than what is routinely used in some rich countries. You can ask for expensive stuff and you will get it, but most customers in Thailand are happy with the cheapest solution. 

Archived