Inner tubes for a Honda Wave other than IRC?

jackdd

I own a Honda Wave 125 and somehow the IRC inner tubes are so crappy that i have to top up the air once a week (has been like this from new, same in both tires, so the tubes are not damaged). On my bigbike (with tubes), i have to top up the air maybe every two months.

I have asked at a few shops for alternative inner tubes, but everybody only has IRC tubes, trying to find inner tubes online also always leads to IRC.

Are matching inner tubes from any other manufacturer available in Thailand, and where can i buy them?

In case that there are no alternatives, can anybody recommend mag wheels for tubeless tires which fit on the Wave?

18 minutes ago, ktm jeff said:

Maybe you could consider adding a tire/tube sealant type of leak proof slime/gel. 

4 hours ago, jackdd said:

that i have to top up the air once a week

Maybe you could consider just top up the air once a week....

4 hours ago, jackdd said:

In case that there are no alternatives, can anybody recommend mag wheels for tubeless tires which fit on the Wave?

Yes i can.

Nearest mom'n'pop corner m/c shop or your nearest fave farkle m/c shop that sells mag wheels.

For Honda Waves.

Choice of styles and colours.

Pretty much all of a muchness.

The choice is yours.

No need to thank me,

regards,

TG.

13 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Yes i can.

Nearest mom'n'pop corner m/c shop or your nearest fave farkle m/c shop that sells mag wheels.

For Honda Waves.

Choice of styles and colours.

Pretty much all of a muchness.

The choice is yours.

How can i be sure that they work with tubeless tires?

Most Waves which i see with mag wheels still use inner tubes

A stock Honda Wave with mag wheel option also has inner tubes, but i don't know the reason for this, maybe the cheap mag wheels don't work tubeless?

13 hours ago, jackdd said:

How can i be sure that they work with tubeless tires?

Most Waves which i see with mag wheels still use inner tubes

A stock Honda Wave with mag wheel option also has inner tubes, but i don't know the reason for this, maybe the cheap mag wheels don't work tubeless?

You can't.

I forgot to mention, the mag wheels on the wife's Rat Wave run tubes too.

And we top them up once a week.

Ish.

Sorry.

I've tried a variety of tubes in my Honda Wave since it was new in 2006.  No luck.  They all leak and need constant topping up.

However on the advice of a Thai old timer I now fill them to 45 PSI and the air doesn't go down to 25 PSI for about 3 weeks.  Call me crazy, but the leakage is slower when initially filled to 45 PSI. That is to say that the reduction in air pressure is far slower from 45-35 than it is from 35-25.  I don't know why.  Someone suggested that it is the higher air pressure on the valve.  

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same issue - have to pump them up every weekend.  Not a big deal, but irritating.  I used to have the same problem with the locally made tubes in my mountain bike too - but I put in some tubes bought in France when I was on a business trip, and even though these tubes (from Decathon) were made in China, they stay at the right pressure for months.

So on my next trip to Europe I'm getting some tubes for the Supercub.  If you can order some non Thai tubes on line, that may work.  I know we don't expect 'made in China' to be better quality, but it worked for my bicycle, so may work for my Supercub.

Archived