Farage says Brexit will be delayed again when PM Johnson's deal falls

webfact

6 hours ago, yogi100 said:

How do billionaires influence how an Englishman will vote who may soon face losing his job to an Eastern European.

Whatever way you want to look at it the EU are champions of immigration and the UK is one of the immigrants' favourite destinations. Anyone with an EU passport can access UK services.

The UK is overcrowded and homelessness is at an all time high. Homelessness among the over 60s has increased by 39% in the last 5 years. 

The over 60s used to be considered vulnerable and accordingly received housing priority. Those days are gone.

So if it goes breasts up in the LOS many elderly Brits have little to look forward if they come back to England. Even the local councils are cutting back on park benches because of the cuts.

It's a fact that England is the most densely populted country in Europe, the figures are only hidden because of the low densities of the other parts of the UK, but England is full and there's not much space left for tribal reservations for the ethnic English, nobody is queuing up to get into the rest of the UK.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, tebee said:

EEm5qdpXsAA7yRu?format=jpg&name=large

Well if you're going to repeat that joke, I'll repeat the antidote joke:

A Referendum walks into a bar and asks for a pint, and sits at the bar drinking all day.

Eventually closing time approaches, and the barman says, "sorry mate, it's time to leave",

The Referendum says, "oh, no, please can I stay a bit longer, and have a lock-in?"

The barman says "why should I? I didn't give that to the last couple of Referendums that were in here, what makes you so special?"

"Oh that's easy", says the Referendum, "I didn't know I was in a pub, I didn't know what I was ordering, I didn't know how it would be delivered"

The barman says, "well, none of the previous Referendums complained when I called time... sorry mate, I have to apply the same rules to everyone"

The Referendum responds emotionally, "in that case, I'm going to smash your bar up!"

The barman says, “that's alright, this bar is fictional, and all your pints were advisory”.

...and with an imaginary puff of smoke, the barman, the bar, and the comedic construct disappeared, and the Referendum was left in a permanent state of limbo for all eternity on the internet to contemplate his existential purpose.

22 hours ago, nauseus said:

BY the way you spell somehow I don't think you'll get a vote.

Fyi,    us poorly educated  working class , are allowed to vote .

PS ,  pompous bstds , are only allowed one vote .555

3 hours ago, nauseus said:

Your post was loaded with broad claims that were not specific and largely false. Claims were made by a lot of people on both sides. Without specifics, you are right, I can't argue anything in particular. But the overall result of all these different promises was to effectively to cancel each other out.

I stated correctly that the Leave campaign promised we would leave with a deal.

Anyone who said we might leave with no deal was labeled as project fear.

Give me evidence that this is wrong.

2 hours ago, CaptainNemo said:

It's a fact that England is the most densely populted country in Europe, the figures are only hidden because of the low densities of the other parts of the UK, but England is full and there's not much space left for tribal reservations for the ethnic English, nobody is queuing up to get into the rest of the UK.

We're told that the UK population is 67.6 million as of 17.9.2019.

A few years ago the UKs food retailers announced they sold the food required to sustain a population of 80 million. This information has since been removed from the internet.

We often hear how we've lost control of our borders and how deported criminals have been discovered to have arrived back in Britain the same week.

5 hours ago, yogi100 said:

And perhaps you can point us as to why EU passport holders should have free movement and can come and settle in the UK putting an unnecessary strain on housing, employment and other essential services.

For the same reason that British passport holders can do the same in other EU member states.

You have been shown time and time again that your so called " unnecessary strain on housing, employment and other essential services" is a myth. Yet you keep repeating it!

Why do you prefer myths to fact? The answers obvious.

4 hours ago, nauseus said:

The EU is heavily lobbied and influenced by major multinational corporations. Looks like you missed this plus all the main reasons the majority really voted Leave.

And you think the UK government isn't?

What world do you live in? Based on what you post it obviously isn't the real one!

22 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

A few years ago the UKs food retailers announced they sold the food required to sustain a population of 80 million. This information has since been removed from the internet.

We often hear how we've lost control of our borders and how deported criminals have been discovered to have arrived back in Britain the same week.

I think this is probably more relevant that some tinfoil hat theory:

40 per cent of children could soon be obese in England

Missed this before. 

9 hours ago, yogi100 said:

How do billionaires influence how an Englishman will vote

By funding campaigns and controlling what is published in the media they own. 

BTW, I'm an English man, and I know that the UK comprises four countries, not just England.

who may soon face losing his job to an Eastern European.

This lie again; why do you ignore the truth that unemployment is falling and has been, apart from the 2008 blip, since the 1990s? 

Whatever way you want to look at it the EU are champions of immigration 

The EU is the champion of free movement amongst member states by nationals of the member states. Immigration from outside the EU is a matter for each member state, who each set their own rules and regulations.

and the UK is one of the immigrants' favourite destinations.

Is it? Do you have figures to back that up?

Anyone with an EU passport can access UK services.

In the same way as anyone with a British passport can access the services in any other EU member; provided in both cases that the person qualifies. The myth that an EU national can arrive in the UK and immediately be given a bag of cash and a council house is just that; a myth.

The UK is overcrowded and homelessness is at an all time high. Homelessness among the over 60s has increased by 39% in the last 5 years. 

The over 60s used to be considered vulnerable and accordingly received housing priority. Those days are gone.

Even if you are correct, I don't have the time to check right now, how is this due to the EU?

There are many reasons for homelessness, EU migrants taking all the available homes isn't one of them.

So if it goes breasts up in the LOS many elderly Brits have little to look forward if they come back to England. Even the local councils are cutting back on park benches because of the cuts.

Rubbish. Cuts in council spending are a direct result of restrictions in funding placed on them by central government; nothing to do with the EU.

8 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:
32 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

I think this is probably more relevant that some tinfoil hat theory:

40 per cent of children could soon be obese in England

Food surplus and waste in the UK – key facts has a lot to do with it as well!

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

I stated correctly that the Leave campaign promised we would leave with a deal.

Anyone who said we might leave with no deal was labeled as project fear.

Give me evidence that this is wrong.

Cameron et al repeatedly said that leaving the EU would involve leaving the SM and the CU. They did not propose a shift to the EEA (SM only) before the referendum. The people in your VDO are talking about the EEA. If this is what you really meant (by a deal) then why not say so in the first place?

58 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

What world do you live in? Based on what you post it obviously isn't the real one!

The reply was not to you and I was not referring to the UK government. 

Yes, we are worlds apart. Greetings from Earth, wherever you are. 

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

For the same reason that British passport holders can do the same in other EU member states.

You have been shown time and time again that your so called " unnecessary strain on housing, employment and other essential services" is a myth. Yet you keep repeating it!

Why do you prefer myths to fact? The answers obvious.

Shelter, the organisation claim that there were more than 250,000 homeless people in the UK in 2016.

Crisis another organisation said that in 2018 there were 200,000 people living in bed and breakfast hostels in the UK.

As I said before there are 8.6 million economically inactive people of working age in the UK. The can't all apart from the approx 1.5 million unemployed be sick or caring for those that are.

46 minutes ago, nauseus said:

The reply was not to you

This is a public forum, any member can respond to any public post; as you, yourself have done before. If you want to hold a private conversation, my advice is that you use the PM facility.

48 minutes ago, nauseus said:

and I was not referring to the UK government.

No, you were referring to the EU, and I asked you "And you think the UK government isn't?"

50 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Yes, we are worlds apart.

Indeed we are, I deal in fact and rational opinions. You should try it.

51 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Greetings from Earth, wherever you are.

I'm in the real world, not your fantasy land.

2 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

This is a public forum, any member can respond to any public post; as you, yourself have done before. If you want to hold a private conversation, my advice is that you use the PM facility.

No, you were referring to the EU, and I asked you "And you think the UK government isn't?"

Indeed we are, I deal in fact and rational opinions. You should try it.

I'm in the real world, not your fantasy land.

I didn't say you can't respond. Did I? You might get a better reaction from Earthlings if you weren't so Alien.

38 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Shelter, the organisation claim that there were more than 250,000 homeless people in the UK in 2016.

Crisis another organisation said that in 2018 there were 200,000 people living in bed and breakfast hostels in the UK.

I repeat

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

Even if you are correct, I don't have the time to check right now, how is this due to the EU?

There are many reasons for homelessness, EU migrants taking all the available homes isn't one of them.

39 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

As I said before there are 8.6 million economically inactive people of working age in the UK. The can't all apart from the approx 1.5 million unemployed be sick or caring for those that are.

The unemployed are not classed as economically inactive, they are classed as unemployed.

As explained to you several times previously, the economically inactive are not just those too disabled to work and their carers. Indeed, about 50% of them are students in full time education.

But as ever, you ignore the facts which destroy your arguments and show your prejudices to be baseless. 

8 minutes ago, nauseus said:

I didn't say you can't respond. Did I?

Then why say

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

The reply was not to you

?

You said "The EU is heavily lobbied and influenced by major multinational corporations."

I asked you "And you think the UK government isn't?" As usual with Brexiteers, you've dodged the question.

If you really believe that the UK government, of any party, is not lobbied and influenced by major international corporations, then you really are in a fantasy world of your own.

7 hours ago, nauseus said:

The EU is heavily lobbied and influenced by major multinational corporations. Looks like you missed this plus all the main reasons the majority really voted Leave.

2 hours ago, 7by7 said:

And do you think that a much smaller, isolated UK will be in any better position to resist them?

There is a story that when Murdoch was asked why he wanted  the UK out of the EU he said " when I call the politicians in Westminster they come to listen to me - those in the EU don't."

TM has some meetings with him  as soon as she became prime minister which have never been explained.

21 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

The main one was unwanted immigration and its negative effects on life in the UK for its native population such as its traditional culture, terrorism, crime, unemployment, employment conditions, housing and general overcrowding.

The other was the perceived EU interference in our 'sovereignty' such as what laws we choose to implement and how we choose to implement them.

QED The 2 myths of Brexit.

13 hours ago, yogi100 said:

And perhaps you can point us as to why EU passport holders should have free movement and can come and settle in the UK putting an unnecessary strain on housing, employment and other essential services.

More nonsense. They can't. If they fail to find work within three months their right to benefits ceases. And as an esteemed expert in all things EU you must be aware that EU migrants to the UK are net contributors to the UK economy, so why are you claiming the opposite, is it because the truth doesn't sit with your agenda?

22 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

The main one was unwanted immigration and its negative effects on life in the UK for its native population such as its traditional culture, terrorism, crime, unemployment, employment conditions, housing and general overcrowding.

The other was the perceived EU interference in our 'sovereignty' such as what laws we choose to implement and how we choose to implement them.

1 hour ago, wilcopops said:

QED The 2 myths of Brexit.

You're right of course, but I did not say that, I merely replied to it.

8 hours ago, nauseus said:

Cameron et al repeatedly said that leaving the EU would involve leaving the SM and the CU. They did not propose a shift to the EEA (SM only) before the referendum. The people in your VDO are talking about the EEA. If this is what you really meant (by a deal) then why not say so in the first place?

Cameron was part of the remain campaign. Not the leave campaign.

Leave won. So leave now has a mandate to deliver on what it campaigned for which was to stay in the single market.

Leave does not have a mandate to leave with no deal. That was NOT what the leave campaign was proposing.

We did not vote for no deal Brexit. We vote for leave with a deal which keeps us in the single market. That is the will of the people. It is not democratic for a minority group to impose their fundamentalist beliefs on the rest of us.

11 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Then why say

?

You said "The EU is heavily lobbied and influenced by major multinational corporations."

I asked you "And you think the UK government isn't?" As usual with Brexiteers, you've dodged the question.

If you really believe that the UK government, of any party, is not lobbied and influenced by major international corporations, then you really are in a fantasy world of your own.

I didn't say that he UK government is not lobbied and influenced by major international corporations. I just don't want to talk to you. It's always painful. Ouch! There it goes again!

3 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Cameron was part of the remain campaign. Not the leave campaign.

Leave won. So leave now has a mandate to deliver on what it campaigned for which was to stay in the single market.

Leave does not have a mandate to leave with no deal. That was NOT what the leave campaign was proposing.

We did not vote for no deal Brexit. We vote for leave with a deal which keeps us in the single market. That is the will of the people. It is not democratic for a minority group to impose their fundamentalist beliefs on the rest of us.

The gov has a mandate to leave. That is the will of the people and that's all it said on the ballot paper. There was not vote on transferring into membership of the EEA, either.

18 hours ago, nauseus said:

You keep trying to push the agenda that the majority of people voted Leave because of the EU Superstate (and the corporations it is behest to), and 'losing' sovereignty and I have no doubt this might be your own personal main reason, but as can be seen very clearly by many, many Brexit posters on this forum the actual main reason was immigration.

Whether it's Yogi100 spouting such nugget gems as 'The main one was unwanted immigration and its negative effects on life in the UK for its native population......'  to Captain Nemo and his '...but England is full and there's not much space left for tribal reservations for the ethnic English' it's VERY clear to most that the economic ramifications and question of sovereignty are mere side notes to your average Brexit fan as the main topic of keeping Johnny Foreigner out is what really motivates them.

Again, not accusing you personally of this but if you look at many of the points brought up by your fellow Brexit fans on Thai Visa, there is a huge amount of xenophobia and downright racism. 

5 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

More nonsense. They can't. If they fail to find work within three months their right to benefits ceases. And as an esteemed expert in all things EU you must be aware that EU migrants to the UK are net contributors to the UK economy, so why are you claiming the opposite, is it because the truth doesn't sit with your agenda?

Once we get rid of the EU and Eastern Europeans we can bin all the 'human rights for immigrants' nonsense and exploit the desperation and poverty of Bangladeshis to really bring down costs and wages.

12 hours ago, yogi100 said:

This has nothing to do with the EU and everything to do with Tory austerity.

You keep doing this time and time again; blaming the EU for what are obviously the problems of the government at the time. and/or the consequences of Tory austerity. Please educate yourself. I'll start you off.

https://www-cdn.oxfam.org/s3fs-public/file_attachments/cs-true-cost-austerity-inequality-uk-120913-en_0.pdf

Archived