What should I know about adding injector cleaner to my diesel fuel

canuckamuck

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From experience cleaning injectors after varnish build up was an uphill struggle. I had some where ultra-sound was the only fix. If you think you have injector varnish buildup, do some YouTube searching and listen to reviews on products, perhaps there is now some miracle fix, sift through them...

2 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

I would not add it to the fuel as this stuff can cause abrasion to piston rings and bores. Best to remove the injectors for cleaning. Or buy new injectors. (I found some on Alibaba that were much cheaper then genuine originals, they work fine and restored performance).

Not much of a diesel guy, never removed injectors. Is it a big process, or fairly straightforward.

15 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Would it be better to try a fuel conditioner first?

I use STP and can feel the difference,also used RedX and never saw

any difference, STP you can find it on LAZADA, look at them all as

there is a big difference in price, STP have been around since 1954,

don't think they would be still in business if the products they sold

did not work.try it first,better than taking injectors out to be serviced.

regards worgeordie

4 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

But my truck is starting a little rough these days and I want use injector cleaner.

The diesel you buy has injector cleaner already, if it is starting rough it sounds like maybe a diesel DVF exhaust problem,  get it cleaned out and rev the bollos out of it,  if you have just been driving around like a pussy or like an old lady, diesel don't like it. 

19 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

The diesel you buy has injector cleaner already, if it is starting rough it sounds like maybe a diesel DVF exhaust problem,  get it cleaned out and rev the bollos out of it,  if you have just been driving around like a pussy or like an old lady, diesel don't like it. 

I googled DVF and came up with nothing useful. Is it like the O2 sensor?

12 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

You should have said.."If you drive around like Trans"....????

Like any fuel system cleaner it is the amount of time it stays in the system not the miles one drives/rides with it in the system. It even works while you are asleep.

As has been said, could be the particulate filter if it hasn't been regenerated or regenerated itself. Have a look in the manual to see if there are any specific instructions. 

Suggest you look at your Fuel filter first. That can cause problems if old. If it's not that then try cleaning. But you cant do that yourself as you don't have the correct tools.

My last Tuna used to start slowly first thing when the temp: was low. Would turn it on for a few seconds 10/15 and then start it. I think my preheat wasn't working to well not that you should need that here anyway. But during the cold season it played up. Hot season fine.

3 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Suggest you look at your Fuel filter first. That can cause problems if old. If it's not that then try cleaning. But you cant do that yourself as you don't have the correct tools.

My last Tuna used to start slowly first thing when the temp: was low. Would turn it on for a few seconds 10/15 and then start it. I think my preheat wasn't working to well not that you should need that here anyway. But during the cold season it played up. Hot season fine.

I see yet again your confused TA. What part of my post do you not understand??? I can put it in stupid Childish English if it's to hard for you to grasp.

13 hours ago, fredob43 said:

I see yet again your confused TA. What part of my post do you not understand??? I can put it in stupid Childish English if it's to hard for you to grasp.

No need to be catty is there.....

I was confused because I do not understand why you had the problems you quoted and was in no way going to question it. Would be pointless....OK...

4 hours ago, transam said:

No need to be catty is there.....

I was confused because I do not understand why you had the problems you quoted and was in no way going to question it. Would be pointless....OK...

If you didn't understand just ask. I had my problem with the lump not staring in the cold and Toyo told me how to get round it, by turning the key on wait a few sec: and try starting it again. This cured my problem. I just related it to the OP. As it might have sorted his problem. See if you ask you might educate yourself.

3 hours ago, alan grice said:

Childish English.?. From some Essex Boy with a posers truck he calls Lump.. How Sad never mind, most of us are here for fun, not blow our own Trumpet.!.emoji954.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Your back to putting the same posts on ACE. Just be careful or the Mods might get you again. For your information TVF is to update peeps that need to know things. But then again there are always some that think their funny. By the way your NOT. 

15 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

If you didn't understand just ask. I had my problem with the lump not staring in the cold and Toyo told me how to get round it, by turning the key on wait a few sec: and try starting it again. This cured my problem. I just related it to the OP. As it might have sorted his problem. See if you ask you might educate yourself.

Cold start....I did not understand your cold start problem as the D4D I had never had a cold start problem cos it never got cold enough to have a problem in 11+ years....Hence my confusion...

3 hours ago, alan grice said:

Childish English.?. From some Essex Boy with a posers truck he calls Lump.. How Sad never mind, most of us are here for fun, not blow our own Trumpet.!.emoji954.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

lump is fairly common slang for engine or motor.

1 hour ago, transam said:

Cold start....I did not understand your cold start problem as the D4D I had never had a cold start problem cos it never got cold enough to have a problem in 11+ years....Hence my confusion...

Just because yours didn't some do, the OP and myself for two. If the temp: dropped to the low 20c night time mine was a bu//er to start. The only way to start it was as I have said turn on ignition for a few seconds and then start.

The OP problem is more than likely not an injector one. There can be several reasons that it wont start.

When I took mine into Toyo first thing they checked was the F/Filter then they put it in the test bay, everything was fine. So they come up with the solution I should try and it worked. You well I did learn something new every day. They must have had the same problem before so new a cure.

Your back to putting the same posts on ACE. Just be careful or the Mods might get you again. For your information TVF is to update peeps that need to know things. But then again there are always some that think their funny. By the way your NOT. 

So You got someone banned. My word , that took some outstanding bravery that most just dont have, or want..!.[emoji239]

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived