Applying for a UK visa for my thai spouse

Hello

Sorry if this is the wrong forum...

I want to bring my thai wife to the UK for a visit, not permanently, so its a tourist visa we'd apply for. She lives in Samui and we've been told by friends there is an agency on Samui that can complete visas without needing to go to the UK embassy in Bangkok. An italian friend has recommend them as he used the service to take his girlfriend to Italy. The agent says its difficult for a UK visa, I can't help being cynical and infer 'expensive'. The details on the UK embassy do not appear difficult nor expensive, its just the possible 15 day wait is inconvenient.

Has anyone on here gone through this process? Any advice?

The only caveat, shouldn't be a problem though, is i'm a US citizen with ILR in the UK. 

Thanks.

46 minutes ago, Sean Rock said:

I want to bring my thai wife to the UK for a visit, not permanently, so its a tourist visa we'd apply for. She lives in Samui and we've been told by friends there is an agency on Samui that can complete visas without needing to go to the UK embassy in Bangkok.

Your friends are wrong. All UK visa applicants have to make an appointment to attend a UK Visa Application Centre to have their biometrics and photograph taken as part of the application process

There is a pinned topic UK Visit Visa Basics - updated June 2018 offering advice, and see the official UKVI guidance Standard Visitor visa  as well, including a link to the application page.

46 minutes ago, Sean Rock said:

The only caveat, shouldn't be a problem though, is i'm a US citizen with ILR in the UK. 

One does not have to be a British citizen to sponsor a visitor to the UK, so your nationality is not a problem.

But you live in the UK, your wife in Thailand. So your wife will have to satisfy the decision maker that she is a genuine visitor who will leave the UK at the end of her visit; not someone who is using a visit visa to enter the UK and then remain as an overstayer with her husband.

Archived