Immigration visit home

2 hours ago, Troebal said:

They showed up and no witness. She had a death in the family over the weekend. The three Immigration Police said, no witness, no extension. 

Never heard of this insanity before. Since when is a witness needed as if we are applying for citizenship. Since this is in reality an 11 month visa do you need to get a fresh witness each year and do they have to point at you or not in the photo? 

16 hours ago, Troebal said:

I've done 19, the last 12 in Pattaya, and this year was the first time they did a home visit. We had our witness lined up for a Thursday appointment. They called and said they were busy and would come on Monday morning. They showed up and no witness. She had a death in the family over the weekend. The three Immigration Police said, no witness, no extension. My wife held them off for a few minutes, found a neighbor who happened to have a copy of her ID and house book. They didn't go in the house because we have dogs. All turned out OK but it was a bit frantic for a bit.

The OP asked if immigration in Bangkok does home visits, I just did my most recent extension in Bangkok two months ago, still no home visits. 

My first O-A based upon marriage required everything.....even a visit by an IO officer that's a friend of her family....555. We also had to have witnesses appear at the IO even though the one officer KNOWS we have been legitimately married for almost 2 decades. We'll see what happens at our first renewal. As usual, the system cheaters have made it harder for the system abiding.

They might even talk to your neighbours. That happens in several provinces. 
They can chat to my next door neighbour,he is a copper,so perhaps they know him,lol
Mind you we have lived at our house for 13 years ,they just have to look at the dozens of pictures of us around the house ,

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app