Elon Musk says 'pedo guy' tweet did not suggest British cave diver was pedophile

webfact

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My South African wife is the same age as Musk and grew up in the Pretoria area. 

She's never heard of 'pedo guy' being used ever, as a term of abuse, affection or anything else. 

He's trying to wriggle out of his mistake. He should shut up and pay up! I wish he'd called me a pedo guy! 

12 hours ago, webfact said:

I meant to insult him back by expressing my opinion that he seemed like a creepy old man."

So now we are all creepy old men?  
Musk didn't only attack Unsworth with his remarks but every Thai expat. The connection he made is very clear. 
Unsworth is a hero, not a Creepy old man. I hope he has a good lawyer to sue this idiot.   

If they use Thai law Musk will be bankrupt. 

Section 393. Public Insults

Any person who insults another in the latter’s presence or through publicity shall be liable to imprisonment for not more than one month, or a fine not exceeding one thousand baht or both.

Let's just get the timeline and a few facts straight here.

Unsworth did not sue Musk after he initially called him a paedophile. He had warned Musk by letter, of the possibility of suing him but did not file a lawsuit at that particular point.

A couple of months later (after taunting Unsworth for not suing and saying that he hoped Unsworth would sue) Musk then escalated the defamatory statements by calling Unsworth a "child rapist" and saying that he had married a 12 year-old girl. Musk also stated that Unsworth had been traveling to and living in Pattaya for decades (which is untrue) and that there was only one reason people went to Pattaya, which was for child sex-trafficking. He also said that Unsworth had then moved to Chiang Rai in order to take a child bride.

It was only after Musk came out with these detailed, specific and completely baseless accusations, all of which were much worse (and much more highly defamatory) than his initial 'pedo guy' comments, that Unsworth finally went ahead with the lawsuit.

Unsworth's lawsuit was filed for the minimum amount required to allow a defamation lawsuit to proceed, which I think, demonstrates this was not about the money.

Finally, there is no equivalence, either in a moral or more importantly a legal sense, between an admittedly rude opinion about the viability of Musk's submarine and the highly defamatory and legally actionable statements made repeatedly by Musk.

I think there should be a duel at sunrise where the two would hurl insults at each other and the audience would decide who is the winner. I might even arsed to get up early for such a splendid event. Maybe for special FX sit some snowflakes next to the area to emulate proper social media outrage.

33 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Let's just get the timeline and a few facts straight here.

Unsworth did not sue Musk after he initially called him a paedophile. He had warned Musk by letter, of the possibility of suing him but did not file a lawsuit at that particular point.

A couple of months later (after taunting Unsworth for not suing and saying that he hoped Unsworth would sue) Musk then escalated the defamatory statements by calling Unsworth a "child rapist" and saying that he had married a 12 year-old girl. Musk also stated that Unsworth had been traveling to and living in Pattaya for decades (which is untrue) and that there was only one reason people went to Pattaya, which was for child sex-trafficking. He also said that Unsworth had then moved to Chiang Rai in order to take a child bride.

It was only after Musk came out with these detailed, specific and completely baseless accusations, all of which were much worse (and much more highly defamatory) than his initial 'pedo guy' comments, that Unsworth finally went ahead with the lawsuit.

Unsworth's lawsuit was filed for the minimum amount required to allow a defamation lawsuit to proceed, which I think, demonstrates this was not about the money.

Finally, there is no equivalence, either in a moral or more importantly a legal sense, between an admittedly rude opinion about the viability of Musk's submarine and the highly defamatory and legally actionable statements made repeatedly by Musk.

Just one thing I believe those comments are from a Private Email allegedly sent to Buzzfeed which they chose to make public he didn't make that statement in public?

1 minute ago, monkfish said:

Just one thing I believe those comments were from a Private Email sent to Buzzfeed they chose to make public he didn't make that statement in public.?

The later, more defamatory comments were indeed from emails Musk sent to a BuzzFeed reporter but it is accepted journalistic practice that a conversation is only considered to be private and off the record if both parties agree to those terms beforehand. There was no prior commitment by BuzzFeed to keep the emails secret, in fact they were sent totally unsolicited, to the reporter.

Of course Musk probably wishes they had been kept private, but that's a different thing.

On 9/16/2019 at 11:27 PM, monkfish said:

Just one thing I believe those comments are from a Private Email allegedly sent to Buzzfeed which they chose to make public he didn't make that statement in public?

Yes, musk wanted them to publish those false allegations as being factual

On 9/16/2019 at 1:09 PM, Fred31 said:

Musk is a truly great man, and ThaiVisa do nothing  types should not make bad remarks about him

'A great man'?

He may have elements of greatness about him , but he also has serious flaws .

He is a liar , hes abusive, lacks self control and when he gets caught lying , he just tells more lies , he lies to change reality and he then belles his own lies .

His flaws outweigh any greatness about him .

Who who want to buy anything associated with him ?

/

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Yes, musk wanted them to publish those false allegations as being factual

I think it's probably true that Musk would have preferred it if those demonstrably false accusations were not published but the fact is, they were sent to a news reporter and were not part of a privileged conversation.

17 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

The later, more defamatory comments were indeed from emails Musk sent to a BuzzFeed reporter but it is accepted journalistic practice that a conversation is only considered to be private and off the record if both parties agree to those terms beforehand. There was no prior commitment by BuzzFeed to keep the emails secret, in fact they were sent totally unsolicited, to the reporter.

Of course Musk probably wishes they had been kept private, but that's a different thing.

From what I understand Buzzfeed contacted Musk so why would they make those private Emails public?
Doesn't seem very professional they were just after a story or S**# stirring.
And now you make a claim that Musk said that!

On 9/16/2019 at 11:53 PM, monkfish said:

From what I understand Buzzfeed contacted Musk so why would they make those private Emails public?
Doesn't seem very professional they were just after a story.

Musk sent BF those e-mails asking them to publish those allegations as being facts and requested to BF NOT to name him as the source .

BF published both the story and the source

Just now, monkfish said:

Doesn't seem very professional they were just after a story.

OK, having checked, I see that BuzzFeed did email Musk asking for his comments about the spat between the two men. However there was never any agreement that what he sent them in reply, was to be private. When a publication reaches out to someone and asks them for their side of a story and they respond, as I mentioned before, the correspondence is only off the record if both parties agree to that stipulation beforehand.

On 9/16/2019 at 11:52 PM, GroveHillWanderer said:

I think it's probably true that Musk would have preferred it if those demonstrably false accusations were not published but the fact is, they were sent to a news reporter and were not part of a privileged conversation.

No , thats completely untrue .

Musk himself made up those false allegation to BF , hoping they would publish them and the rest of the Worlds mainstream media to also publish his lies as being factual

10 hours ago, Dukeleto said:

Because Musk apologised but unsworth went ahead with the law suit anyway which indicates an apology was not enough and wants monetary gain ergo the term gold digger.

Personally I think both of them are childish with inflated egos. 

if i recall, in attempting to de-escalate the situation, musk stated to reporters that unsworth NOT suing him was proof that he was in fact a pedo.

7 hours ago, metempsychotic said:

And how else, would you stick it to man like musk who clearly believes he is not accountable for his words for being purposely hurtful? 

To not be seeking finacial recompense or vindication in this situation would be just plain stupid. 

And let's not overlook that this 'gold digger' spent days at risk in order to save strangers from what would have been certain death.

Power to him I say. 

The gold digger risked his life for the sake of unknown children.

Musk is a narcissist who wanted "world" fame, having never entered a cave in his life.

I trust the "gold digger" is not only successful, but Musk is made to pay big money but also make written and televised apologies.

29 minutes ago, sanemax said:

No , thats completely untrue .

Musk himself made up those false allegation to BF , hoping they would publish them and the rest of the Worlds mainstream media to also publish his lies as being factual

Which allegations do you mean? those from the Email which is labeled Off The Record and as such obviously didn't want published?
Do read
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ryanmac/elon-musk-thai-cave-rescuer-accusations-buzzfeed-email

On 9/17/2019 at 12:43 AM, monkfish said:

Which allegations do you mean? those from the Email which is labeled Off The Record and as such obviously didn't want published?
Do read
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ryanmac/elon-musk-thai-cave-rescuer-accusations-buzzfeed-email

No , the off the record bit meant BF not to reveal Musk as being the source .

Musk wanted BF to publish the allegations without menacing him as being the source

12 hours ago, Meddle said:

Musk does seem like an arrogant c*ock but for once it'd be nice to see the gold diggers lose ; )

I hate to bring the topic of Christianity into any topic, but there are a lot of missionary groups in Thailand spreading nonsense about this country. Ten or fifteen years ago I once saw a picture of a western man being used as a fundraising image on a missionary website. The man was walking down the road holding hands with a very young Thai child. The caption was something like "Save this girl from this man". The picture was clearly taken at random on some Bangkok street, with no evidence to suggest the child wasn't his stepdaughter, or something similar. At that point I resolved that if an image of me and my own stepdaughter was used in that way, I would sue the goddamn asses off the missionary group behind it.

The fact that there are a high number of western lowlifes resident in Thailand notwithstanding, I really don't think it helps anyone to brand people like me (or Unsworth) a paedo based on place of residence. My own family in the UK assume I'm just some weird long lost family member that disappeared to Thailand 20 years ago to ph)(k children. My wife (who is the same age as me but looks very young) was so offended by their comments I never spoke to any of them again. When I walk down the street with my stepdaughter, I can sometimes see the dirty looks of tourists that think I paid for my stepdaughter, now in her late teens, in some bar.

There comes a point at which attitudes have to change, and that time is long past in Thailand. Personally I hope Unsworth makes a tidy sum of money and the very public shaming of Musk will go some way to changing the way people think.

Elon Musk testified he worried Thai cave rescuer might be ‘another Jeffrey Epstein’
PUBLISHED MON, SEP 16 2019  8:05 PM EDTUPDATED MON, SEP 16 2019  9:45 PM EDT
Lora Kolodny
@LORAKOLODNY

In a court deposition released on Monday, Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk says he once worried that British cave diver Vernon Unsworth might be “another Jeffrey Epstein.” The deposition came out as Musk and his lawyers asked a judge to dismiss the defamation case Unsworth brought against Musk for previous comments calling him a “pedo guy.”

The dispute started last summer, when Unsworth criticized Musk in a television interview for involving himself in efforts to save a Thai soccer team that was trapped in a flooded and complex cave system.

Read more: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/16/elon-musk-once-worried-unsworth-may-be-another-jeffrey-epstein.html

10 hours ago, randy723 said:

If someone called me a pedo i would do more that sue them when i saw them and it WOULD NOT BE TO JUST SHAKE HIS HAND i like you say 

TV  alert :    DON'T GET RANDY WITH RANDY !      

In the scottish sense or course :  

ARCHAICSCOTTISH
(of a person) having a rude, aggressive manner

16 hours ago, Chazar said:

Two of a  kind, he  had  no need  to mention shoving it up what he clearly  meant was  Musk's ass and there was  no need for the Paedo  comment, case  dismissed  stop being a pair of pratts and shake  hands.

You talk <deleted>, the divers concerned in this operation, said that the under water vehicle, that musk sent, was incapable of performing the tasks involved. I am an experinced diving instructor, and fully aware of what was involved in this rescue operation. I commend these people that saved these boys lives. I have done cave diving, and i believe that some of the holes they went through, could only take a body, not a miniture submarine. Take a Paddi course and find out.

Archived