Elon Musk says 'pedo guy' tweet did not suggest British cave diver was pedophile

webfact

19 hours ago, alan grice said:

Well i think the poster suggests Unswort wouldn’t have sued a Bar Girl that called him something he didn’t like.!.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Maybe the bargirl wouldnt have 23 million followers. 

Elon literally said to 23 million people that Unsworth was a pedophile. 

There is no greater insult. And all male readers here are considered the same. You are male, you are in Thailand, then you are too, in Elon's mind. 

I hope Unsworth wins millions and hope he donates some of it to a good cause in Thailand

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/16/2019 at 9:15 PM, Chazar said:

Two of a  kind, he  had  no need  to mention shoving it up what he clearly  meant was  Musk's ass and there was  no need for the Paedo  comment, case  dismissed  stop being a pair of pratts and shake  hands.

No. Musk acted as a grandstanding publicity seeker and was put down by an English Yorkshire man, the latter who are known not to suffer fools gladly. The spoilt American  deluded druggy brat reacted by calling a decent genuine, honest guy, a peedo..a paedophile. An act of stupid ignorant spite collocating every foreigner in Thailand with child sex abuse. But worse a typical Yank, a bully, the loud American we all know and loath started to spend thousands of dollars to try and find dirt on a decent guy. When this yank goes to the UK he will be served.  If this morally bankrupt con man comes to Thailand he will be arrested.  Lets hope he does and ends up in prison in Thailand

On 9/17/2019 at 7:55 AM, alan grice said:

Well i think the poster suggests Unswort wouldn’t have sued a Bar Girl that called him something he didn’t like.!.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

An absolutely moronic comment ! Do you really think that what any bargirl calls anybody would be reported in the international press ?

19 hours ago, Chazar said:

never  said  it was,  two of  a kind means theyr'e both hurling insults, didn't comment on which insult was  worse.

I'm sorry, but that comment betrays a basic and fundamental misunderstanding of the issues. This is not a case of two people trading insults. We have Unsworth using an admittedly rude expression that means he didn't think much of Musk's submarine and we have Musk responding with highly defamatory and legally actionable accusations that Unsworth was a paedophile, a child rapist and had taken a 12 year-old child bride.

There is absolutely no sort of equivalence between a one-off insulting turn of phrase and a series of highly defamatory and legally actionable accusations, no matter how you look at it.

Also, just to be clear, the expressions, "you can stick it where it hurts" or the more anatomically precise "you can stick (or shove) it up your ar**" while rude, are merely figurative expressions indicating contempt for something and are not meant to be taken literally. According to the Collins English Dictionary:

If you say that someone can stick something, especially a job, or if you tell them where to stick it, you are rudely refusing it or emphasizing that you do not want it or like it.

18 hours ago, monkfish said:

The other stuff is from a private Email with a journalist who decided to publish it wasn't said publicly.

18 hours ago, monkfish said:

But that's the thing - it wasn't a private email. It was an email sent to a journalist who was asking for Musk's comments on the matter. As mentioned previously, if you give comments about something to a journalist, there is no expectation of privacy unless both you and the journalist have entered into an agreement to that effect, before the comments were made. There was no privacy agreement in place when Musk made his comments to the journalist, therefore they weren't private.

Elon Musk almost certainly has Aspergers. Watch him on Rogan's podcast. It's obvious that something is off. Could be a factor in his genius abilities. He's on the autism scale, in my opinion (idiot savant). It could also help explain the outrageous insults to a stranger. 

On 9/16/2019 at 11:04 PM, webfact said:

Musk posted the tweet, for which he later apologised, after Vernon Unsworth accused Musk in a CNN interview of grandstanding by offering to help Unsworth's diving team rescue 12 boys and their soccer coach from a Thailand cave in July 2018.

And I apologise for using spacex rocket for Target practice . The fault is mine and mine alone..????

On 9/17/2019 at 3:56 AM, Jack Mountain said:

Musk said it =>  apologized => and then said it again! That's why they are looking for a trial.

Btw. A pedo (someone who likes children) doesn't necessarily mean pedo-sexual ....

Not really. That's why there have been cases of paediatricians being mistakenly attacked. Anyhow, Musk called him a 'child rapist' and asked 'why hasn't he sued me'...

On 9/17/2019 at 1:50 AM, silver sea said:

In BritEng, being accused of pedophilia is a life threatening insult; far worse than being called a racist. Vigilantes will burn your house down, and you have to be put in a separate part of a prison, away from the other convicts for your own safety.

Musk paid $50,000 to a private detective, who claimed that Unsworth was a whoremonger in Pattaya and had known his 40 year old wife, in the Biblical sense,  since she was 12.

Musk meant more than ‘creepy’ when he used the word ‘pedo’. He has had plenty of time to clarify his use of the word but his subsequent ‘off the record’ comments to Buzzfeed show what he really thought of Unsworth.

See the additional information in this link: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7470385/Elon-Musk-doubles-pedophile-allegation-against-British-diver-court-filing.html

Musk got played by a random con man who contacted SpaceX - i.e unsolicited - offering his P.I services and suggesting he knew incriminating details that would prove Unswroth was a 'pedo guy'. All nonsense as it turned out.  Musk admits being 'taken for a ride' this in his deposition. 

12 hours ago, Jay88 said:

Musk got played by a random con man who contacted SpaceX - i.e unsolicited - offering his P.I services and suggesting he knew incriminating details that would prove Unswroth was a 'pedo guy'. All nonsense as it turned out.  Musk admits being 'taken for a ride' this in his deposition. 

More like , Musk made the accusation and then paid an investigator to find evidence to back those claims up

23 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

I'm sorry, but that comment betrays a basic and fundamental misunderstanding of the issues. This is not a case of two people trading insults. We have Unsworth using an admittedly rude expression that means he didn't think much of Musk's submarine and we have Musk responding with highly defamatory and legally actionable accusations that Unsworth was a paedophile, a child rapist and had taken a 12 year-old child bride.

There is absolutely no sort of equivalence between a one-off insulting turn of phrase and a series of highly defamatory and legally actionable accusations, no matter how you look at it.

Also, just to be clear, the expressions, "you can stick it where it hurts" or the more anatomically precise "you can stick (or shove) it up your ar**" while rude, are merely figurative expressions indicating contempt for something and are not meant to be taken literally. According to the Collins English Dictionary:

So we  disagree on it.

2 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Well, if you live in Thailand, Musk gave you a slap in the face too. He qualified his pedo tweet by saying that all men who choose to live in Thailand are pedos.

People are even calling others "Paedos" on YouTube once they find out a guy has been in Thailand or Cambodia.

I can see a day coming when ordinary people will be able to sue for libel/defemation from these sorts of attacks.

Its just not on.

Same in Australia. If you go back and your friends tell others you've had a stay in Thailand,

the guys will soon come out with ladyboy jokes, and even worse the women will be sniggering about mail order brides and paedos.

disgusting.

As for Musk, i really hope he is to stupid to settle out of court, and as such, gets well and truelly hung out to dry.

21 hours ago, Jay88 said:

He probably paid the bloke a retainer, in the hope he had something to deflect the law suits, then got caught big time. Sympathy>> none.

1 minute ago, pookondee said:

I can see a day coming when ordinary people will be able to sue for libel/defemation from these sorts of attacks.

Its just not on.

It was mooted at the time for guys, living in Thailand to take out a class action against Musk. Probably would have been successful if someone had organised it.

24 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

It was mooted at the time for guys, living in Thailand to take out a class action against Musk. Probably would have been successful if someone had organised it.

I'd be all for that, but i think the guy would have to name people personally as being paedos.

I might be wrong, but i doubt if people would be able to sue Musk just on what he accused Vern of, just because they also live in Thailand.

1 minute ago, pookondee said:

I'd be all for that, but i think the guy would have to name people personally as being paedos.

I might be wrong, but i doubt if people would be able to sue Musk just on what he accused Vern of, just because they also live in Thailand.

Musk specifically accused all men who move to Thailand of being pedos.

12 hours ago, pookondee said:

You havent been following .

Musk stated that ALL Western guys who go and live in Thailand do so because they are pedos and no other reason 

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You havent been following .

Musk stated that ALL Western guys who go and live in Thailand do so because they are pedos and no other reason 

Ok, no i wasnt aware of that.

What an arสe he is then.

This actually reminded me of that flat-earther guy on Youtube.

Is it Eric Dubai??

He often gets a few comments of people insinuating hes some kind of pervert/paedo just because of living in Thailand.

On 9/18/2019 at 10:31 AM, Ebumbu said:

Elon Musk almost certainly has Aspergers. Watch him on Rogan's podcast. It's obvious that something is off. Could be a factor in his genius abilities. He's on the autism scale, in my opinion (idiot savant). It could also help explain the outrageous insults to a stranger. 

He clearly also self medicates with a well known herbal plant. No judgement on that. If it helps, it helps. The problem is, where are his friends? Does he have any?

Friends should be there to advise you when to wind your neck inwards. 

Clearly his ego got the better of him. He took a 50/50 gamble and lost. Now he just needs to pay his debt. He should have just settled, shook hands and let the whole matter drop.

That is how real men do it. 

But now he is trying to wriggle out of that. What a snake! No integrity whatsoever.

He is just another man-child. 

Because Musk apologised but unsworth went ahead with the law suit anyway which indicates an apology was not enough and wants monetary gain ergo the term gold digger.

Personally I think both of them are childish with inflated egos. 
Musk actually paid a PI $50,000 to try to retrospectively trawl up evidence to substantiate his so far unsubstantiated claims. Only apologised when he saw how deep the hole was that he was digging himself. Just shows the measure of the man.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

No it isn't, being found   "GUILTY"  is  another matter, anyone relying on heresay such as "he's a paedo" as a  fact when unproven is  plain nuts , may as  well just start a witch hunt anytime its  mentioned, remove the courts and away you  go.
All the other  guy had to say was that Musks  idea  was not  suitable, instead it was  shove it up yer ass to which Musk  took  offence unsurprisingly and responded, rightly or  wrongly I don't  care although anyone with any sense would  most  likely  have either not responded or said he  was entitled to his   opinion etc.
But it happens. People have been killed in the uk after rumours spread they were paedos

Sent from my SM-G965F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

49 minutes ago, Chazar said:

I  moved to Thailand but the  difference is....I dont give a flying fart if anyone thinks Im a paedo.

Obviously you are not a paedo......that is both illegal and unacceptable.

Envy of others, where an older man enjoys the company of a younger companion, is a common occurrence.

Archived