PM Prayut embarrassed by people asking for cash handouts everywhere he goes

webfact

PM embarrassed by people asking for cash handouts everywhere he goes

Prayuth-File-Photo3.png

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said today (Monday) that he is embarrassed because, everywhere he goes, there are people constantly asking him for cash handouts, budget assignments or pay increases.

“If I am rich or if Thailand is rich, I will give to them.  I do not blame them because they don’t have money,” said the Prime Minister adding, however, that it should be the responsibility of government officials concerned to clarify to the people that the government simply cannot give away money, but has to follow regulations and be transparent regarding disbursement of public money.

In his opening address at a seminar on “National Strategy in Action: Integrated Implementation for Thais”, organized by the Civil Service Commission’s Office for government officials, the Prime Minister stressed the importance of government officials building public understanding of the government’s roles and responsibilities.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pm-embarrassed-by-people-asking-for-cash-handouts-everywhere-he-goes/

thaipbs.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Ubon people complaint why Prayut giving the 500 or 1,000 baht to the Social Welfare Card and the Ubon people need the fund to survive because they can't go out and everywhere flood. With this complaint, Prayut decided to donate 1 million baht and give 1,000 baht each person. He started to use his own personal account to raise money from the public. Totally, he received from the public is more than 100 million baht. 

I can think of a thousand other instances where the PM should have been imberred and he wasn't, a heads up, big parts of being a PM is having to proudly talk to the people and ask them what their need are and you can do for them instead of the other way around... 

2 hours ago, webfact said:

spending hundreds of billions on unnecessary military toys is far more important than supporting the Thai people in disaster areas and others in extreme poverty.

we are seeing layoffs and others not being paid wages for months

Yes Mr Payuth how embarrassing - how much money did you and your junta mates make over the last 4 years ?, I'll bet that is very embarrassing if it was ever exposed

1 hour ago, Thaiwrath said:

Prayut to go on TV to seek donations for flood victims

Deposits can be made to the Prime Minister’s Office Krungthai Bank account

I wonder if he understands irony!

3 hours ago, webfact said:

“If I am rich or if Thailand is rich, I will give to them

This can only be a joke, the general is one of the richest men in parliament, I've never seen a rich man give away his money without taking advantage of it!

Rich, it's relative, there are people who feel rich with 1,000 Baht, others who with ten million continue to mourn their poverty!

3 hours ago, webfact said:

“If I am rich or if Thailand is rich, I will give to them.  I do not blame them because they don’t have money,” said the Prime Minister adding, however, that it should be the responsibility of government officials concerned to clarify to the people that the government simply cannot give away money, but has to follow regulations and be transparent regarding disbursement of public money.

The Pracharat "Scheme" essentially doles out 41 billion baht anually to those making less than 30,000 or 100,000 per year.

Of course most of that finds its way back to Thai Beverage Group, Charoen Pokphand Foods/True Corporation, Mitr Phol Sugar, Central Group, The Mall Group, Thai Union Group, Bangkok Bank, SCG Group, Thai President Foods and Saha Group.

Funny that.

There are striking similarities between the two kingdoms of the  UK and Thailand.

70% of England is owned by the Royals ,aristocracy/landed gentry

..ie House of Lords being a hereditary title with privileges.

Thailand is owned by the ruling elite being Chinese -Thai families,powerful army generals and the "family" we're never allowed to discuss.

CP family own most of the food ,  7/11's and WiFi in LOS. They are drowning in hundreds of millions of baht everyday of the year..They must be building warehouses so they have a place to store the cash.

Thailand is a family monopoly based economy. Free trade is a front like everything else here.

Many Thais live close to the poverty line and survive on handouts from more fortunate family members, the temple and free government household packs containing toothpaste washing powder etc....once a month.

Tourism and foreign marriage is the main source of real income for village Thais.

Tourism declines and they will decline. The rich are very aware of this.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

PM embarrassed by people...........................

The real issue is not so much about PM Prayut being embarrassed by the people it is surely more about the people being embarrassed by having such an unedifying person as Prayut Chan-o-cha as a their Prime Minister. 

Archived