PM Prayut embarrassed by people asking for cash handouts everywhere he goes

webfact

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, webfact said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said today (Monday) that he is embarrassed because, everywhere he goes, there are people constantly asking him for cash handouts, budget assignments or pay increases.

It's their money and they have the right to ask where you spent and why you spent on those unnecessary military vanity hardware. You rightly should be embarrassed because it's not your money that you spent discriminately.  

5 hours ago, webfact said:

“If I am rich or if Thailand is rich, I will give to them.  I do not blame them because they don’t have money,” said the Prime Minister adding, however, that it should be the responsibility of government officials concerned to clarify to the people that the government simply cannot give away money, but has to follow regulations and be transparent regarding disbursement of public money.

Yet the military can buy buy buy buy..... while the poor beg?

But he's not embarrassed enough to tweek the budgets around.

4 hours ago, quadperfect said:

Thats hilariouse. Thai people are not beggars and work hard. But this guy just keeps on spending on military to excess and then asks the people to fund the floods.

You haven't met my wife's family.

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

He said...If i am rich,???????? if, the is no if about it.

Meanwhile in real world.....

Khun Bin collect 230 million baht now already. 

And give 5000 cash to people who need it NOW.

If you want to help, give to Bin. He not corruption sure. Very baht will go to the people.

5AB7345C-2706-4004-97C9-41E52AE7DCE1.jpeg

6E96086F-E8BB-4BB2-9708-1EA59805612C.jpeg

B64ACDE7-349D-4F05-98DA-D2A00C6F3E3F.jpeg

CCAEB9B1-3549-45EC-9D47-857F09A2FB66.jpeg

AD1E06EA-0BE3-45C7-96BD-F65A21F33F3A.jpeg

CDA55B62-2BC4-49DE-A135-AB7D3A2D1B5D.jpeg

481A3634-0022-4AE0-BF0E-513518CC5858.jpeg

B2C73340-FD7D-4821-85AB-084343925D51.jpeg

Compared with having a convicted drug trafficker in one's cabinet, the subject matter he's embarrassed about here is actually not very embarrassing.

It's quite telling nonetheless, I wonder where they got the idea from that he's good for a (another) handout?

4 hours ago, robblok said:

Too bad nobody in the opposition asks if some of the military spending can be changed to flood relief. That would really embarrass him.  Because we all know what the answer will be. 

You have to understand the junta mind set. They will spin it that the current flooding proves they are justified in getting submarines in case there is ever worse flooding.

Actually there is a sense of karma and irony here.

When Yingluk was new to office she also quickly faced a flooding disaster. At the time the army were quick to criticize the governments mishandling of the crisis.

What goes around comes around.

People also asked for cash help back then and got it. We got it because we were one of those  flooded out.

Didn't here Yingluk complain that the victims wanted compensation.

6 hours ago, macgver said:

The Ubon people complaint why Prayut giving the 500 or 1,000 baht to the Social Welfare Card and the Ubon people need the fund to survive because they can't go out and everywhere flood. With this complaint, Prayut decided to donate 1 million baht and give 1,000 baht each person. He started to use his own personal account to raise money from the public. Totally, he received from the public is more than 100 million baht. 

Prayut did all this??? 

7 hours ago, macgver said:

The Ubon people complaint why Prayut giving the 500 or 1,000 baht to the Social Welfare Card and the Ubon people need the fund to survive because they can't go out and everywhere flood. With this complaint, Prayut decided to donate 1 million baht and give 1,000 baht each person. He started to use his own personal account to raise money from the public. Totally, he received from the public is more than 100 million baht. 

Is there a difference between his personal account and government money?

Archived