Wissanu admits Thammanat’s educational background was not vetted

webfact

3 hours ago, jerojero said:

Thank god it's ethical to them to allow have criminals appointed. I was worried some decent people were in this gov't.

We have ways of making sure that (decent people) aren't allowed in. 

19 minutes ago, robblok said:

Not defending at all, guess basic economics were not taught at your education facility. You cannot base a statement of income increase on only salary without knowing anything more. Facts count even if they are in favor of the junta. Accounting is my job so i like to use facts. I have no clue if the guy is corrupt, or not probably given the watches. But the statement made by the other poster was totally wrong. I can't help it.

You saw all of his million-baht watches. You know he is corrupt. Why on god's green earth would you give him any benefit of the doubt at all?

The embattled Thai cabinet minister who lied about serving four years in a Sydney jail on a drugs charge has changed his story again, admitting for the first time that he was sentenced in Australia.

After spending the weekend in a "war room" to combat a growing series of scandals, the legal team of Thai government enforcer Thammanat Prompao issued a statement insisting he was fully qualified to be an MP and cabinet minister.

The Herald revealed last week that Thammanat, then a young soldier known as Manat Bophlom, was jailed for a minimum of four years after pleading guilty to conspiring to import 3.2 kilograms of heroin.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/embattled-thai-minister-admits-to-court-sentence-in-australia-20190916-p52rxe.html

You saw all of his million-baht watches. You know he is corrupt. Why on god's green earth would you give him any benefit of the doubt at all?
I am saying he is probably corrupt. But you cant just state salary and bank increase without looking deeper. Its basic economics and that is my field. So i take offence when people cant even understand the basics. Has nothing to do with liking the guy i think he is a toad.

Guess your of the opinion facts and basic calculation dont apply anymore for those you dislike.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Just now, robblok said:

I am saying he is probably corrupt. But you cant just state salary and bank increase without looking deeper. Its basic economics and that is my field. So i take offence when people cant even understand the basics. Has nothing to do with liking the guy i think he is a toad.

Guess your of the opinion facts and basic calculation dont apply anymore for those you dislike.

Ah, so he 'probably' didn't borrow those watches from a dead friend, right? 

He is definitely corrupt. And because of this he deserves zero benefit of the doubt. Why would you come and make comments defending this man in anyway, shape or form? It's bizarre. 

Ah, so he 'probably' didn't borrow those watches from a dead friend, right? 

He is definitely corrupt. And because of this he deserves zero benefit of the doubt. Why would you come and make comments defending this man in anyway, shape or form? It's bizarre. 
What is bizarre is that you seem to think basic calculations should be changed to suit your opinion. If some says the moon is made of cheese ill comment too even if someone i like says it.

You really dont get it but that is ok probably you have no education in the field of economics. I cant stand obvious untruths faults in calculation.

The embattled Thai cabinet minister who lied about serving four years in a Sydney jail on a drugs charge has changed his story again, admitting for the first time that he was sentenced in Australia.

After spending the weekend in a "war room" to combat a growing series of scandals, the legal team of Thai government enforcer Thammanat Prompao issued a statement insisting he was fully qualified to be an MP and cabinet minister.

The Herald revealed last week that Thammanat, then a young soldier known as Manat Bophlom, was jailed for a minimum of four years after pleading guilty to conspiring to import 3.2 kilograms of heroin.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/embattled-thai-minister-admits-to-court-sentence-in-australia-20190916-p52rxe.html

Lets hope he gets kicked our. Probably not as they need him too much they will make up something to save him.

Just now, robblok said:

What is bizarre is that you seem to think basic calculations should be changed to suit your opinion. If some says the moon is made of cheese ill comment too even if someone i like says it.

You really dont get it but that is ok probably you have no education in the field of economics. I cant stand obvious untruths faults in calculation.

Your reputation precedes you in this life (maybe not in Thailand).

As soon as we saw him with all those million-baht luxury watches and he had no explanation for it, we knew he was corrupt. We knew already.

You can apply all the clever economics you like to put doubts in our minds, but the fact of the matter is we know he's corrupt and he doesn't deserve any benefit of the doubt. It's really rather simple. It's common sense.  

3 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Your reputation precedes you in this life (maybe not in Thailand).

As soon as we saw him with all those million-baht luxury watches and he had no explanation for it, we knew he was corrupt. We knew already.

You can apply all the clever economics you like to put doubts in our minds, but the fact of the matter is we know he's corrupt and he doesn't deserve any benefit of the doubt. It's really rather simple. It's common sense.  

I have said in that topic already that I think he is corrupt. I have no love for this guy. Your as bias as can be. All I am saying that you cant take only into account salary when you calculate an increase in bank funds.

That was not intended to make you doubt yourself about how corrupt Prayut was. It was only to show its just stupid to make such a remark because its not how things work. 

Do you have any education in economics ? I mean this is really basic stuff. 

I am not trying to paint Prawit the toad as a good person. I am only questioning the stupidity of the remark.

Example I got a salary of 10.000 and bank is 1.000 start of the year, end of the year my bank is 20.000. I could have sold property / stock / inherited something / taken a loan and put the money in my bank. (there are more options). Basically all I am saying is that the statement does not prove a thing without taking in account more things. 

Yea I am a purist when it comes to calculations.. that is an occupational thing.

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I have said in that topic already that I think he is corrupt. I have no love for this guy. Your as bias as can be. All I am saying that you cant take only into account salary when you calculate an increase in bank funds.

That was not intended to make you doubt yourself about how corrupt Prayut was. It was only to show its just stupid to make such a remark because its not how things work. 

Do you have any education in economics ? I mean this is really basic stuff. 

I am not trying to paint Prawit the toad as a good person. I am only questioning the stupidity of the remark.

Example I got a salary of 10.000 and bank is 1.000 start of the year, end of the year my bank is 20.000. I could have sold property / stock / inherited something / taken a loan and put the money in my bank. (there are more options). Basically all I am saying is that the statement does not prove a thing without taking in account more things. 

Yea I am a purist when it comes to calculations.. that is an occupational thing.

You know he's corrupt. Stop defending him. 

1 hour ago, Expat Brad said:

Yep!!! So bloody funny. A Diploma is certainly not considered as an equivalent to a Ba in Thailand or anywhee else.

Whereas a Thai BA isn't considered equivalent to anything anywhere other than ????????

No no..... You IS a graduate.

"...Wissanu said that Thammanat had graduated from the Chulachomklao Royal Military Academy with a diploma equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree."

What's the big deal? It's not as though graduating from a Thai educational institute translates into the person having any more knowledge than before he entered. Smile. Nod your head at everything the teacher says. Never question anything, no matter how inaccurate the statement...AND...You am a graduate. 

2 hours ago, bheard said:

No different to any 'democracy' where you might come from. Govt ministers come from many walks of life and are usually spectacularly unqualified to run their portfolio.

Sent from my G8441 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Most times they failed miserably in their job at expense of tax payers. Example plentiful in Trump administration like Betsy Devos and Ben Carson. Crony comes to mind rather than qualification. Ditto Prayut’s cabinet. 

Archived