Arisman’s wife sentenced to 2 months in prison for concealing assets

webfact

Arisman’s wife sentenced to 2 months in prison for concealing assets

supremecourt.jpg

The Supreme Court’s Criminal Division for Holders of Political Offices today sentenced former Pheu Thai’s party-list MP Mrs. Rapeepan Pongruangrong to two months’ imprisonment, without suspension, after finding her guilty of falsely declaring her assets with the intention to conceal her assets from examination.

Mrs. Rapeepan, wife of former red-shirt leader Arisman, was also banned from holding any political post or any position in a political party for five years.  The court issued a warrant for her arrest after she failed to show up today to hear the court’s verdict.

Separately today, the Supreme Court’s Criminal Division for Holders of Political Offices ordered the confiscation of Mrs. Rapeepan’s ill-gotten assets, worth about 42.8 million baht, as demanded by the public prosecutors.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/arismans-wife-sentenced-to-2-months-in-prison-for-concealing-assets/

thaipbs.jpg

55 minutes ago, scorecard said:

How's that? Perhaps you believe she was framed? Take a longer look at her history on this case and her overall history.

Probably not framed but rather inequitable since current ministers from previous cabinet need not declare their assets.  

25 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Probably not framed but rather inequitable since current ministers from previous cabinet need not declare their assets.  

Of course, and the current picture is way less than equitable or appropriate, or credible. The man with the fake Ph.D., did several years in jail in Australia, dismissed from the military a good example

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

So it's ok for her husband and her to seemingly acquire wealth illegally and then do a runner from the law?

Just because others get away with it?

The argument should be that ALL corrupt people should be face justice. Not we mustn't punish the Shins cronies because some others have been doing wrong.

Look this couple up.

1 hour ago, tifino said:

but she wasn't even in office?

the only purse strings she controlled was hubby's

(just like Mrs P claims... so better investigate her too)

Article said she was a former PTP party list MP. You know, those MP positions reserved for cronies, spouses and family member to get to the trough.

Wasn't she also connected in some way to the rice trading company involved in the G2G frauds?

1 minute ago, Baerboxer said:

Article said she was a former PTP party list MP. You know, those MP positions reserved for cronies, spouses and family member to get to the trough.

Wasn't she also connected in some way to the rice trading company involved in the G2G frauds?

ah!   the Flot Pickens...

45 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

So it's ok for her husband and her to seemingly acquire wealth illegally and then do a runner from the law?

Just because others get away with it?

The argument should be that ALL corrupt people should be face justice. Not we mustn't punish the Shins cronies because some others have been doing wrong.

Look this couple up.

ALL corrupt person should face justice. Noble statement but rather meaningless in Thailand. You know that but still able to expand your views on those who didn't get away from this double standard. 

ALL corrupt person should face justice. Noble statement but rather meaningless in Thailand. You know that but still able to expand your views on those who didn't get away from this double standard. 
Your alternative of not jailing or punishing anyone is worse. Its better to jail and punish and to strive to combat double standards.

Guilty is guilty.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, robblok said:

Your alternative of not jailing or punishing anyone is worse. Its better to jail and punish and to strive to combat double standards.

Guilty is guilty.

How is the striving to combat double standard progressing Rob? 

How is the striving to combat double standard progressing Rob? 
Seems to be as bad as normal. Anyone in power abuses it. But that still is no excuse for not punishing guilty corrupt officials. I never get your mindset. Why protect corrupt criminals.

If they were framed sure protect them bug guilty like this you should condemn them.

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

Seems to be as bad as normal. Anyone in power abuses it. But that still is no excuse for not punishing guilty corrupt officials. I never get your mindset. Why protect corrupt criminals.

If they were framed sure protect them bug guilty like this you should condemn them.

I see your stance is that the powers still abuse the justice system and stay out of jail while others who are not align to them will be thoroughly and promptly investigated and indicted and you ask the question "why protect corrupt criminals". You seem to be adopting your own double standard of making a judgement.  

3 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

And organizing for a padded vote at 3.00 am in the morning to gain amnesty also inequitable, no change that to unethical and immoral and totally lacking in respect for the good people of Thailand.

25 minutes ago, scorecard said:

And organizing for a padded vote at 3.00 am in the morning to gain amnesty also inequitable, no change that to unethical and immoral and totally lacking in respect for the good people of Thailand.

Not related to the topic but I will entertain you on this one. Why the late session not equitable. The opposition M.P. were invited but they declined. No laws were broken on that not unusual parliamentary late session and it was within the legislative process of lower house and subsequent upper house passing of the bill to law respectively. 

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

Ahh, your attempt to save failed.

12 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Not related to the topic but I will entertain you on this one. Why the late session not equitable. The opposition M.P. were invited but they declined. No laws were broken on that not unusual parliamentary late session and it was within the legislative process of lower house and subsequent upper house passing of the bill to law respectively. 

Oh you make it sound so simple, doesn't change that it happened and was totally unethical to even consider to try.

I see your stance is that the powers still abuse the justice system and stay out of jail while others who are not align to them will be thoroughly and promptly investigated and indicted and you ask the question "why protect corrupt criminals". You seem to be adopting your own double standard of making a judgement.  
They were convicted with proof of corruption yet you still defend them. I guess we should not go after people who kill others with their car either as long as red bull guy walks free. I hope you see the error of your ways once.

I rather have some criminals punished then none at all just imagine the thefts and chaos.

5 minutes ago, robblok said:

They were convicted with proof of corruption yet you still defend them. I guess we should not go after people who kill others with their car either as long as red bull guy walks free. I hope you see the error of your ways once.

I rather have some criminals punished then none at all just imagine the thefts and chaos.

You still don’t get it. I am not condoning the criminal indictment but am questioning the justice system. You just can’t see the forest from the trees.  

You still don’t get it. I am not condoning the criminal indictment but am questioning the justice system. You just can’t see the forest from the trees.  
And you can't help but try to defend the corrupt if they are of a side you like.

Crooks are crooks no matter what side they are on.

15 minutes ago, robblok said:

And you can't help but try to defend the corrupt if they are of a side you like.

Crooks are crooks no matter what side they are on.

As my grandpa once told me to never try to explain to anyone who is committed to misunderstand you. I finally found one. 

Archived