UK's Johnson buffeted in Luxembourg, says Brexit deal emerging

webfact

A no "deal" would mean different involvements, or less involvement - that's what leaving means after all. I agree that some kind of leaving arrangement and deal has always been preferable. However, this so-called "deal" agreed by May is a treaty that is mostly disadvantageous to the UK. The EU evidently are against a reasonable deal for the UK, which might see some success from Brexit and possibly give other members pause to consider leaving too. 
NothingBurger from the Brexiteers.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

13 hours ago, NeoDinosaw said:

Of the 46.5 million registered voter, 29 million chose not to vote to leave.

Do the maths. 

13 hours ago, Loiner said:

30.4 million didn’t vote to Remain.

in fact, of the 65,000,000 population of the UK, approximately 49,000,000 people chose not to remain.

What's next, imaginary numbers?

8 hours ago, tebee said:

Nope

1. Brexit creates a solution.

2. Remainers create a problem.
2. Remainers don’t have solution.
3. Remainers comes up with problem.
4. Brexiters don’t like problem.
5. Remainers blame Brexit for problem.
6. Remainers threaten Brexit.
7. Brexiters calmly points out facts.
8. Remainers dismisses facts, and attempt to trash constitution, recruiting the judiciary.
9. Repeat monthly, yearly, and Remainers refuse to hold a General Election until you get their own way.

50 minutes ago, nauseus said:

This situation must have been foreseen. Since the referendum, the EU seems to have enjoyed trying to discredit UK government ministers. This Luxembourger PM then mocks Boris in his absence and ends up looking like the real fool. Operation Backfire! Like an EU fart gone wrong.  

Absolutely, they always have a backup plan, what if it rained for example?

This was obviously planned. They did this to May as well. Mocked her, refused to greet her, nebulous comments etc. Then there was Tusk's "special place in hell comments" for British MP's. 

Totally lacking class and maturity. Playing right into the hands of Brexiteers as well. I hope they keep this up, plenty of ammunition for whenever Parliament decides to allow Democracy to return to the UK.

1 hour ago, CaptainNemo said:

in fact, of the 65,000,000 population of the UK, approximately 49,000,000 people chose not to remain.

What's next, imaginary numbers?

Nope

8. Remainers dismisses facts, and attempt to trash constitution, recruiting the judiciary.
9. Repeat monthly, yearly, and Remainers refuse to hold a General Election until you get their own way.

What problem exactly did Brexit create a solution for? 

It is Brexit that created all of the problems, so deal with it instead of blaming others. What about coming up with a concrete proposal on what you want, instead of only saying what you don’t want?

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Absolutely, they always have a backup plan, what if it rained for example?

This was obviously planned. They did this to May as well. Mocked her, refused to greet her, nebulous comments etc. Then there was Tusk's "special place in hell comments" for British MP's. 

Totally lacking class and maturity. Playing right into the hands of Brexiteers as well. I hope they keep this up, plenty of ammunition for whenever Parliament decides to allow Democracy to return to the UK.

Totally lacking class and maturity’: thanks for a good laugh. Luckily ‘class and maturity’ are signature dishes in the Brexit kitchen.

Nope

Brexiteer recruiting instruction manual [emoji1782]

What problem exactly did Brexit create a solution for? 
It is Brexit that created all of the problems, so deal with it instead of blaming others. What about coming up with a concrete proposal on what you want, instead of only saying what you don’t want?
They want democratic bendy bananas.

4 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

I think UK government ministers are doing an admirable job of discrediting themselves. They need very little help in that respect. 

Fair enough. But I would have to include the whole of parliament there.

19 hours ago, nauseus said:

A no "deal" would mean different involvements, or less involvement - that's what leaving means after all. I agree that some kind of leaving arrangement and deal has always been preferable. However, this so-called "deal" agreed by May is a treaty that is mostly disadvantageous to the UK. The EU evidently are against a reasonable deal for the UK, which might see some success from Brexit and possibly give other members pause to consider leaving too. 

If the treaty is disadvantageous to the UK, it's too bad. After all, what do leavers expect? That everything is positive for the UK and detrimental to the EU states? That going it alone is a cake-walk in the sun?  

Don't think so. Not in today's world.  

However, by leaving with at least a starting point going forward, hopefully the next government  and parliament - who would have to be a whole lot more competent than the current lot - would buckle down, aim to plug the weaknesses in the short/medium term while promoting the potential trade benefits and focusing on e.g. the economy, defence, and serious underfunded domestics issues like the NHS and police force.

In reality,  the odds of less involvement is an aspiration, not a feasibility, given the necessity of negotiating with the EU across a whole range of commitments as posted above. 

15 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Johnson says 'Brexit deal is emerging'. 

The EU say 'they await Johnson submitting  the  UK's requirements in writing'.

One of these statements is a lie. 

Time tells all.

EU leaders have given Boris Johnson an ultimatum to come up with a new Brexit plan by the end of September or face up to a no deal.

The deadline, agreed at a meeting in Paris on Wednesday evening, comes as the bloc’s chief negotiator Michel Barnier told Mr Johnson to stop “pretending” to negotiate.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-eu-boris-johnson-deal-plan-deadline-ultimatum-latest-a9111066.html

21 hours ago, nauseus said:

Of course any deal means involvement but is it the involvement you want.

How many of those that voted to leave were aware that the so called free trade deals that were supposed to set the UK free, are unlikely to be "free", there may well be a migration cost. The India trade deal went quiet as soon as visas came up, now we have freedom of movement being discussed with Australia. Do people really think that the free trade deal with the EU will not end up being close to the single market.

The Department for International Trade said that migration arrangements routinely form part of negotiations on free trade deals, but that no proposals have yet been formally put forward for the future UK-Australia relationship.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-freedom-movement-australia-immigration-uk-eu-citizens-boris-johnson-liz-truss-a9110076.html

3 hours ago, stephenterry said:

If the treaty is disadvantageous to the UK, it's too bad. After all, what do leavers expect? That everything is positive for the UK and detrimental to the EU states? That going it alone is a cake-walk in the sun?  

Don't think so. Not in today's world.  

However, by leaving with at least a starting point going forward, hopefully the next government  and parliament - who would have to be a whole lot more competent than the current lot - would buckle down, aim to plug the weaknesses in the short/medium term while promoting the potential trade benefits and focusing on e.g. the economy, defence, and serious underfunded domestics issues like the NHS and police force.

In reality,  the odds of less involvement is an aspiration, not a feasibility, given the necessity of negotiating with the EU across a whole range of commitments as posted above. 

The treaty is too bad. That's true. I think most leavers (as well as many remainers) expected reasonable negotiations and a deal that does not need to be detrimental to either side. There is no sure way out of this currently proposed withdrawal agreement (treaty), so it's actually a step backwards. 

On 9/18/2019 at 9:02 AM, stephenterry said:

What's wrong with that? Do you think the man in the street would give a monkeys  - I don't. I would expect any member state to both influence the EU and be influenced by them - and as for corruption, the UK is hardly a shining example at any level.   

"Influenced"...????

Some kind of influence is coming only from the "Germs-Merkel-Mummy" and the French "Macaroon"!

The results of it, are obvious everywhere. One is the Brexit! 

14 minutes ago, Maitdjai said:

"Influenced"...????

Some kind of influence is coming only from the "Germs-Merkel-Mummy" and the French "Macaroon"!

The results of it, are obvious everywhere. One is the Brexit! 

Maybe you could list the 'obvious everywhere' results of influence.  Whereas it's actually the UK who aims to leave the EU, not the other way around. Blaming Germany and France for all the inadequacies of UK's Brexit is ludicrous, but that's normal rhetoric for leavers. 

On 9/17/2019 at 11:18 PM, nauseus said:

What is pretty stupid is your notion that the EU has no influence on "sovereign" (member) states internal business. 

I don't know if the E.U. influenced Belgium to give their pensioned citizens living abroad, the same rights as the ones living in Belgium.

Neither do I know if the E.U. influenced the U.K. not to do it.

Whoever it is for us Belgians, I applaud personally the decision.

If it is the E.U. who influenced the U.K., good for the U.K. pensioners living abroad, as the U.K. is leaving the E.U. pretty soon, they may expect the same rights as those living in the U.K..

Of course if it was a decision entirely taken by the U.K., with no influence from the E.U., sadly nothing will change.

47 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

I don't know if the E.U. influenced Belgium to give their pensioned citizens living abroad, the same rights as the ones living in Belgium.

Neither do I know if the E.U. influenced the U.K. not to do it.

Whoever it is for us Belgians, I applaud personally the decision.

If it is the E.U. who influenced the U.K., good for the U.K. pensioners living abroad, as the U.K. is leaving the E.U. pretty soon, they may expect the same rights as those living in the U.K..

Of course if it was a decision entirely taken by the U.K., with no influence from the E.U., sadly nothing will change.

You never know. EU influence over its members gets stronger over time.  

23 hours ago, stephenterry said:

Maybe you could list the 'obvious everywhere' results of influence.  Whereas it's actually the UK who aims to leave the EU, not the other way around. Blaming Germany and France for all the inadequacies of UK's Brexit is ludicrous, but that's normal rhetoric for leavers. 

The "Indequacie" of the Brexit is the "Backstop"! This, so called deal, made by Theresa May, is not an exit.

It's just a stupid charade. In real she is a remainer! And I'm glad that this stupid deal was rejected by the parliament! That's democracy! 

Not very convenient. The result of the vote was to "leave". And it doesn't matter, how many "remainers" didn't vote against the Brexit,

because they've been to lazy to vote, to stupid, no time, or what ever!

So the "Surprise" is a fact. But these "open minded democrats" not willing to accept it! That's the failure!

The 3 years discussion about it, is a sign (somehow ridiculous, ok) of democracy!

In Merkel-Land, decisions like this are made behind closed doors, and the stupid Germs have to, and living with it!

And about the list:

Cucumber bending, and forbidden bulbs is only a side effect!

All countries of the EU have to suffer due the Merkels "Germanistan",

breaking all laws policy. Shengen, Dublin treaties...She gives a fxxx!

Greece

Austria

Italy, the latest example where Merkel "influenced", or better meddled against the Italian population.

Now they've a "Crony" government, what is not representing the population at all!

The EU is fearing elections and national referendums, if the the outcome is not predictable in its favor!

The, so called, values is just a surface polishing from a NOT elected bunch of sorted out bureaucrats, who are maintaining their own privileges at first.

So if you want to leave, you've to leave.

And leaving in this case means: No Deals! It's better without a deal.

"EU Deals" never been good.

See Turkey and Ukraine.

Archived