BANGKOK
Samui Bodoh

Two years smoke free

1 hour ago, Samui Bodoh said:

That is my story. I honestly and sincerely hope that it helps someone quit as I know the benefits and I would like to see others reap the rewards as well.

+1

• Like 1

I just gave up (21 days). Actually quitting smoking was easier than quitting vaping, because I knew smoking was bad for me, whilst vaping is near harmless.  It's just that vaping is illegal in Thailand and I felt unsafe with the liquids.  If I was in the UK I guess I'd be vaping.

Anyway, what bothers me is not the giving up, but staying off it.  I suppose I just have to remind myself how dangerous cigarette smoking is and how I want to live a long, healthy life.

But methinks you protest too much.  Clearly, you were really, really hooked and are still missing it.  But I can only sympathize.  If we lived in a more enlightened country we could have the best of both worlds.  

Edited by mommysboy

The money jar was an interesting and good idea!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Well done to the OP , great advice !!

I stopped around 15 years ago after smoking since mid teens. One day I just decided I was gonna do it and did it, will power is your strongest ally .

But, if i needed to stop smoking now I would use the money in the jar method, possibly setting your self a target like a new scooter for example.
Find a photo of the mc you want ( but don’t have the spare cash) print it out and stick it on the jar, a quick glance in a morning will renew your waning will power.

Forget the patches and the gum ( and definitely the vaping after recent discoveries !! ), just set your mind to it and be strong !! but a little financial incentive certainly helps also !!

Wow! Another one. Where is the world going. I have been advocating that too much use of social media is damaging a persons check of reality.

Really? So, today grown up people need a picture of something they want to get the thumb out of their <deleted> to do the right thing. It´s not enough with all the health benefits that quitting smoking stands for. No that would be too smart and realistic. Instead we need to look on pictures, like a 7 year old waiting for his new Lego Ninjago close to christmas.

You people are really something! Grow up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 5

OP hasn't posted a follow up- I expect he's popped down the shop for a couple of packs of Marlboro red.😀

• Haha 2

11 years smoke free.

Courtesy: Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking.

Read the book and quit cold turkey. It was a piece of cake.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Yes, I have made it two years smoke-free

Congratulations!

Not an easy thing to do, I know, it took me three attempts before I eventually managed to quit - that was 26 years ago.

• Like 2