Can Thai wife go with me to uscis bkk?

Yes; the offices are open. In fact, from my 20 years experience in dealing with them, they are more efficient than ever.

You will probably need to make appointments for the both of you. They don't do walk-ins.

Since you are just starting the process, the best advice I can give you is to save copies of all paperwork you submit. You will probably be asked for it a few times throughout the process. 

2 hours ago, Curt1591 said:

Yes; the offices are open. In fact, from my 20 years experience in dealing with them, they are more efficient than ever.

You will probably need to make appointments for the both of you. They don't do walk-ins.

Since you are just starting the process, the best advice I can give you is to save copies of all paperwork you submit. You will probably be asked for it a few times throughout the process. 

Thank you for your advice. 

I read on the website that copies of original documents like thai marrage certificate and registration are copies I presume black and white??? But translations need to be original with stamp and signature from company. Is that right? 

7 hours ago, keithet said:

Thank you for your advice. 

I read on the website that copies of original documents like thai marrage certificate and registration are copies I presume black and white??? But translations need to be original with stamp and signature from company. Is that right? 

When we went through the process, we weren't married; it was for a fiancée visa. Most of the paperwork was mine, and I was living Stateside at the time. But, in either case, we're just documenting the relationship. 

The Bangkok USCIS is, most likely, closing. But, that shouldn't be until the late first or second quarter of next year. 

I have a question about the I-130 form... 

In the I-130 beneficiary info part 4 entry info we anwsered yes on question 45 "have you ever entered the US?"
We went to USA 3 years ago for 10 days to meet my family. Then came back to Thailand. I don't answer 46a-d because we came back to Thailand so I put N/A.
On 47-50 "passport number" do I enter her new passport number 
Or
The passport she used 3 years ago that has expired?

The expired passport also has her tourist visa in it good for 6 more years

22 hours ago, keithet said:

I have a question about the I-130 form... 

In the I-130 beneficiary info part 4 entry info we anwsered yes on question 45 "have you ever entered the US?"
We went to USA 3 years ago for 10 days to meet my family. Then came back to Thailand. I don't answer 46a-d because we came back to Thailand so I put N/A.
On 47-50 "passport number" do I enter her new passport number 
Or
The passport she used 3 years ago that has expired?

The expired passport also has her tourist visa in it good for 6 more years

Honestly I wouldn't be sure.

But with the imminent closure of USCIS in BKK, you can't afford to make a mistake.

This might be the time to cough up the cash and get a preparer to ensure the forms are correct, and you have ALL the correct documentation and translations. This isn't a difficult process, but they can be picky on how it's presented

What you really really don't want to have happen is that you get something/anything wrong on the submission which results in it being rejected, and that pushes you past the final day for submissions in BKK.

That scenario would condemn you to file through the US lockbox, and doom you to a 12 month process

Archived