Divorce Confusion

DennyBoi47

In April 2015, I met a girl in Bangkok and foolishly ended up marrying her without really understanding that I did. It was all done in Thai, and I didn't really believe it was happening because I had no involvement in it other than being at the wrong place at the wrong time. I brushed it off thinking it was a joke.

A few days later I returned to Australia and went on with my life, chatting to other girls and hoping to meet someone nice in Australia. Anyway, this Thai girl had no intentions of letting me slip through her fingers, and once her family became involved in the whole saga, I felt trapped. In 2016, she got a visa to travel to Australia to live with me. Unfortunately, I had nowhere for her to stay, so we stayed in a hotel overnight until my family agreed that she was allowed to live with me. During the next 8 months, her visa expired and she was still with me, as she had no money to return to Thailand. I ended our relationship once the visa expired, and asked her to leave. She did so, and was given crisis accommodation until that blew up in her face and was told she had to come back to me even though I didn't want her to.

It took another few months before her family agreed to pay for her flight back to Thailand, however they wanted her to wait in Bali until her partner visa came through. It didn't happen. She went back to Bangkok and I returned to Australia in December 2017. I never saw her again.

It has been over 2 years now since I ended our relationship and for the past 6 months she has been asking for a divorce. I was keen to fly to Bangkok in March 2019 to divorce her, but her step father said it had to be a contested divorce. So now I refuse to go to Thailand. She seems hell bent on divorce, while I couldn't care less about the bloody divorce. Does anybody have any idea how she can divorce me without me having to do anything. I am just not interested in any of it. As far as I am concerned, she caused the whole problem in the first place by marrying somebody she had only met for 5 days.

OMG.

You are p

11 minutes ago, DennyBoi47 said:

far as I am concerned, she caused the whole problem in the first place by marrying somebody she had only met

OMG.

I will try to be nice.  You have to be one of the most irresponsible persons I have heard of.

11 minutes ago, DennyBoi47 said:

She seems hell bent on divorce, while I couldn't care less about the bloody divorce

You are blaming everything on her? You married her!!

I sure hope she gets everything she deserves from you.

Shameful.

2 minutes ago, DennyBoi47 said:

Yes, I am definitely old enough, however I do have autism.

Okay, well that explains a lot.  She can get a divorce based on having no contact with you for two years I believe.  Abandoned.  If she is willing to go that way.  

If you have autism, you probably cannot handle this kind of situation, and yes, a Thai woman can trick you easily.  Best to not come back to Thailand and let her divorce you by herself.  Stop talking to her.  Don’t get married again unless you confirm you are divorced or you will be breaking the law in your country.

Just as a matter of interest, did this marriage involve lots of string or did you have to visit your own embassy and obtain an Affirmation of Freedom to Marry in english which you then had translated?

Another troll,me thinks,its mostly those with 1 or 2 posts

that come up with stories like this,only knew the girl for

5 days and marries her,he must have thought he was in a

reality Tv show, if any of its true,but its not his fault !

regards Worgeordie

57 minutes ago, DennyBoi47 said:

Yes, I am definitely old enough, however I do have autism.

Yep, and a big problem. I do not believe your autism is that bad. Just something you use as an excuse. You can write this nonsense and oyu can travel to Thailand. You can deal with authorities and find accommodation for her. Wow! That´s all I can say. I thought I heard it all, but you definately take the lead in madness by miles.

I wish her all the luck she can have, for getting the last little possible piece out of you as she can. Unfortunately her chances are slim, and you probably own nothing too as you not even have a home by yourself.

48 minutes ago, amykat said:

I’m not seeing in the original post anything about a baby, how did that come up??

'twas a whatif? 

- and it brought out more interesting points, to raise the hairs on back of one's neck; in the OP answer to it

4 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Yep, and a big problem. I do not believe your autism is that bad. Just something you use as an excuse. You can write this nonsense and oyu can travel to Thailand. You can deal with authorities and find accommodation for her. Wow! That´s all I can say. I thought I heard it all, but you definately take the lead in madness by miles.

I wish her all the luck she can have, for getting the last little possible piece out of you as she can. Unfortunately her chances are slim, and you probably own nothing too as you not even have a home by yourself.

I tend to agree, marriage and visa's for Thai partners are not things that just happen, they both take a huge input, work, cooperation from the OP.

Its just playing the victim card.

Archived