"Act now before it's too late" - uni environmentalist posts disgraceful picture of Thai beach

webfact

16 minutes ago, Dragon Master 01 said:

Who ever sent the picture in I think has doctored up a picture or it's from somewhere else, not Thailand.

I have never seen any beach in Thailand like that or dirty, for that matter the only time I have ever seen garbage around or smelt anything bad was when huge piles of rubbish bags were waiting to be picked up by the garbage trucks in early hours of the morning near where I lived in one of the suburbs of Bangkok all other times I have always found the streets and everything so clean compared to New Zealand  streets etc.

The Thai people try very hard to keep their country clean and do a very good job.

I just don't believe this picture 

I think another trouble maker is trying to stir up <deleted> on here and discredit Thai people ????

You should ask the source

16 minutes ago, Dragon Master 01 said:

Who ever sent the picture in I think has doctored up a picture or it's from somewhere else, not Thailand.

I have never seen any beach in Thailand like that or dirty, for that matter the only time I have ever seen garbage around or smelt anything bad was when huge piles of rubbish bags were waiting to be picked up by the garbage trucks in early hours of the morning near where I lived in one of the suburbs of Bangkok all other times I have always found the streets and everything so clean compared to New Zealand  streets etc.

The Thai people try very hard to keep their country clean and do a very good job.

I just don't believe this picture 

I think another trouble maker is trying to stir up <deleted> on here and discredit Thai people ????

I can't speak to this picture but I have seen with my own eyes Rayong beaches littered with storm refuse  ,apparently being stirred  up from the ocean floor by storms

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Yinn I respect you but there is no "reason" or excuse for this. This is on the side of the road dumped into the water of a large pond. 

The Thai people who did this saw the pond. They know it was there and what they were doing. They just don't care. 

and you know and I know EVERYWHERE you go in Thailand you will see the same.

I hike in the mountains above Hua Hin and west to the border. Garbage everywhere you look.  

20190825_183443.jpg

Ok Uncle.

i know it ugly. But is building waste. Not house rubbish. Better use it for landfill. That pond is private, and will be house one day.

agree to disagree.

But for the beach, national park, I 100% agree. My friends and me clean the rubbish on beach often. I not do it for human, I do it for the sea animal. Fishing net, plastic, foam. 

Ranong and Phangnga is cleanest in Thailand. Because everyone work together. And we don’t have like that in house street. 

E8C9C8AD-92E6-4586-A03B-100A5D1CD454.jpeg

1E4366F0-E659-4CC1-BD38-8BA01E711553.jpeg

46 minutes ago, riclag said:

You should ask the source

I can't speak to this picture but I have seen with my own eyes Rayong beaches littered with storm refuse  ,apparently being stirred  up from the ocean floor by storms

Me too Rayong and Baan Phe.  Dreadful!! I would not swim there.  Had a family picnic at a beach somewhere near Sattahip a few months back but I would not go in the water.

19 minutes ago, Alainpm said:

Don't say anything to them that they do something wrong, or they will lose face.  Losing face, In other words : the ego is not happy and doesn't accept a truth. 100% childish

The practice of face is the polar opposite of the practice of Buddhism. The sage taught us to look within for the source of the problem. Introspection, contemplation and self reflection. Only tiny people with little self esteem are obsessed with what others think of them. 

Between the Ocean Cruise ships dumping waste

and the garbage barges

.... well, IT'S LEGAL  so they do it.

Mind you ,  plastic is not allowed

but hey - who's going to stop them ???

By Bekah Barlow

Did you know that it’s legal to dump trash in the ocean? Yes, there are limitations for what you can and cannot dump. But it is perfectly acceptable to dump your raw sewage, paper, rags, glass, metal, bottles, or similar refuse, as long as you are at least 12 miles away from the nearest shoreline.

http://coastalcare.org/2009/10/ocean-pollution-and-ocean-polluters/

6 hours ago, choff56 said:

Can't see it from my house, but then again, I live in Europe.

The oceans are interconnected and trash in it is shared via the currents. Just look for the green bags from the omnipresent supermarket.

7 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Bloody Farangs again,they just have no respect for Thailand,????

regards worgeordie

As it's harder now to get multiple entries or tourist visas back to back the western backpacking cleaners are missing.
They clean beaches in Vietnam and Bali now... ???? 

6 hours ago, mok199 said:

Beaches and oceans are too much work !!! Thailand rolls with huge shopping centers and new mega condo complexes,then when they are worn out and boring,just knock em down and build a better newer bigger one...

Where else should the Chinese go then to new malls ?

How about if we create , us the expats here, a website as well as a fb page and publish pictures of trash sites here daily? and name the site amazing-trashiland.com ?? 

That would be easy for us to grab attention - even go viral on internet and tourisms publication which will force authority to take action.  No?

4 hours ago, meechai said:

There is this really weird behavior among Thai people

We have seen it many times over the years regardless of what province it is in.

If one Thai dumps some trash at a roadside spot it is as if someone put up a blinking sign that said

"New Dump Site"

Because in the coming weeks/months that single dumping of trash attracts more & more folks to dump there

Don't know why but there is zero respect for the Land which is odd given their supposed beliefs & use of spirit houses etc.

These people love their country so much but treat it like a garbage pit.

Perhaps their blind patriotism is just one more lie they tell.

5 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

i took these photos near my house in Hua Hin. A very common site unfortunately.

20190825_183354.jpg

20190825_183330.jpg

Where is the poster that tells 2000baht fine for dumping waste ?
Stolen and used as sun protection at the nearby noodle shop ? ????  

4 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

They should state where it is and ask for volunteers to help clean it up before it just gets washed back in the sea. 

When the trash is washed into the sea, the problem is solved for the local authorities...

46 minutes ago, Yinn said:

i know it ugly. But is building waste. Not house rubbish. Better use it for landfill. That pond is private, and will be house one day.

This mindset is the problem.

”But it’s ______________” doesn’t fix things.

2 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Sadly, it is not just the shameful state of some of the Beach,s and the Polluted Oceans.

I live just a few KM from the coast, and the Trash dumping and burning of Trash from what are obviously Commercial sources is a National disgrace.

The beach,s and Coastlines are the headlines, but a little further inland is as bad if not worse.

Yeah, we've got the popup-garbage dumps here as well. Gotta start somewhere, though.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

The picture speaks for itself but Dr Thon said that the Thais must act before the damage to the environment is irreversible. 

Seeing this photo, I am of the opinion that it may already be too late! The point of no return has been reached!
I seriously hope not!

Archived