Farang "hero" helping to keep southern Thailand clean

webfact

Farang "hero" helping to keep southern Thailand clean

4pm1.jpg

Thai caption: Well done! The kind Farang man collecting trash at Koh Noo - Songkhla

Reporters from Hat Yai Focus in southern Thailand featured a westerner paddling a kayak and collecting trash in the area of Koh Noo in Songkhla. 

The pictures followed a Facebook post by a Thai in the middle of last month that slammed compatriots on the beach for tossing their leftover meal and packaging into the sea. The poster said that following this they had seen a farang man collecting trash in his boat. 

There was a bit of a language barrier but the poster tried to communicate his thanks. 

Hat Yai Focus found the same man at work at the weekend and called him a hero adding:

"If everyone in society were like him our home would be much cleaner". 

Source: Hat Yai Focus

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-09-17
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hero, or too much time on his hands, why bother, 1 individual isn't going to change 66 million people that don't give a rats a$$, this includes the government, because if they did give a rats, they would enforce laws, apply heavy fines, etc, etc, etc, but they are too busy filling their pockets while allowing the general population to break every single law there is daily, excluding the police who need their tea money during certain hours.

Thailand is what it is, and none of us are going to change her, i.e. unless the Thai's want that.

20 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Hero, or too much time on his hands, why bother, 1 individual isn't going to change 66 million people that don't give a rats a$$, this includes the government, because if they did give a rats, they would enforce laws, apply heavy fines, etc, etc, etc, but they are too busy filling their pockets while allowing the general population to break every single law there is daily, excluding the police who need their tea money during certain hours.

Thailand is what it is, and none of us are going to change her, i.e. unless the Thai's want that.

To be honest, who did the better thing?

1. Westerner paddling a kayak and collecting trash in the area of Koh Noo in Songkhla. 

2. The lovely post you took all the trouble to do on TVF?

23 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

The plastic come from all over the world. What are you doing to limit your plastic consumption? 

Nickname checkout. 

37 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

"The journey of a thousand miles begins beneath one's feet"  ~ Lao-tzu

We have to start somewhere.

1 minute ago, Tayaout said:

The plastic come from all over the world. What are you doing to limit your plastic consumption? 

Nickname checkout. 

Since you asked, we have our own fold up (strong) shopping bags that we reuse time and time again, we do not burn our rubbish or any type of plastics, even though we do not have a garbage bin collection, we seperate everything, we have a compost garden, plastic containers from yogurts, cottage cheeses, berries, etc etc, get reused, you would be surprised what you can use them for, pen holders, holding elastic bands, a place to put your keys in etc etc, and all that we cannot reuse, gets recycled, i.e. mostly disposed of appropriately at DoHome when we are in the area as they have 4 different types of bins for recycling, even though people just use them as bins and mix the rubbish up with recycling stuff at times.

We have 4 kids and we teach them how things should be done, it all starts with education, where Thailand lacks a hell of a lot of it.

Sure the plastic comes from all over the world, yep, but how much of it is thrown on the ground here, do you have a %, i.e. Thailand Vs the rest of the world, yep, didn't think so.

As for the nickname check out, it was the number plate that was once on my 1974 Silver Shadow Rolls Royce, since you enquired, suffice to say, there is nothing wrong with having an ego, e.g. 🙂

26 minutes ago, ravip said:

To be honest, who did the better thing?

1. Westerner paddling a kayak and collecting trash in the area of Koh Noo in Songkhla. 

2. The lovely post you took all the trouble to do on TVF?

2. The lovely post you are referring too, makes a very valid point, i.e. it all starts at home, education, willingness, government campaigns, law enforcement, etc, etc, etc, one single farang cannot unite a country to "Do The Right Thing"

Last time I checked TVF allows members to voice their opinions, whether others like what they state or not.

Did you need to try to point out the obvious which you may have failed to see ?

All is commendable is just that the definition of the word 'hero' have been watered down quite a bit lately and everyone who does something out of the selfish ordinary behavior of others is immediately hailed as a hero...

7 hours ago, whitemouse said:

They are going to hate him.

None would have noticed it. Only the TVF members will bash him for a couple of weeks

4 hours ago, anterian said:

But it won't earn him Brownie points with immigration. 

I am sure the guy who did it was not expecting any cheap credits.

Archived