UK Supreme Court hears cases that PM Johnson's parliament suspension was illegal

webfact

35 minutes ago, stevenl said:

2 possibilities, either you have nothing to say, since you did not reply, see the quoted text, or you're implying I did not watch the video in full, which would be incorrect.

No Probs; Watching is entirely your prerogative but the 'post-stamp' (time) wasn't accurate at the first attempt but seems to have since corrected ????

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, evadgib said:

No Probs; Watching is entirely your prerogative but the 'post-stamp' (time) wasn't accurate at the first attempt but seems to have since corrected ????

Yes, I'm sure the automatic posting system messed up the timing. ????

I agree that a political feud within the Tory party plays a large part in this mess, but it doesn't explain the unwillingness of the opposition to allow an election? An election is the most obvious and most constitutional way out of this. It is certainly the fastest way out. It will either deliver a mandate either way, or if unequivocal will at least act as a starting point for negotiating an internal (within the UK) parliamentary settlement.
Sorry no can do. Run second referendum as priority to block the no-deal Hard Brexiteers. This Parliament has the means to do so if it so organises.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The people can't even trust the law anymore even they are ownd by the globalists in government how very sad democracy means nothing to these people
Some of the Hard Brexiteers have always been against the law: against Parliament, against the High Courts, against the Supreme Court. Look at the makeup of current UKIP and that will inform you. Even Farage won't touch them with a long spoon.

6 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Sorry no can do. Run second referendum as priority to block the no-deal Hard Brexiteers. This Parliament has the means to do so if it so organises.

So you favour a referendum,  designed to produce a specific outcome, over an election which will produce a government with a mandate to arrive at the outcome for which  the people will have elected it?

Referendums produce a result  based on the question  they ask. The last one asked a very simple  question - in or out. I would  hazard a guess that the question  you envisage is somewhat more "loaded".

Some of the Hard Brexiteers have always been against the law: against Parliament, against the High Courts, against the Supreme Court. Look at the makeup of current UKIP and that will inform you. Even Farage won't touch them with a long spoon.

Come on ‘ker, you know that’s not true. At least until Remainers began to manipulate and twist laws, or even make new ones, to try and overthrow the democratic referendum result.

So you favour a referendum,  designed to produce a specific outcome, over an election which will produce a government with a mandate to arrive at the outcome for which  the people will have elected it?

Referendums produce a result  based on the question  they ask. The last one asked a very simple  question - in or out. I would  hazard a guess that the question  you envisage is somewhat more "loaded".
So I guess you are declaring the last referendum invalid.

Archived