BANGKOK
isaanistical

expensive new visa rules in New Zealand

Obviously Wellington has been taking gouging lessons from Bangkok.

The love for Thailand is overpowering!

Facts are zilch!

• Like 1

This topic has come up very good time for me.

My wife and three other friends,  all retired teachers want to go and visit New Zealand and Australia.

They plan to fly to the north of the north island and then drive down to the south island and then fly to Australia.

My wife has both a Thai and a UK passport  and plans to use the UK passport to enter and leave both New Zealand and Australia.

The others only have THAI  passports.

We did a similar visit some 12 years ago and I remember having to get some electronic Visa for Australia. I also remember you have to be careful where you got the Electronic thing from else it cost you a lot more money.

Would someone kindly point me into the right direction to apply for whatever she needs

can anyone recommend a car hire company such that they can hire a car in the north and drop it off in the south 

Thanks 

Edited by JAS21
Siri is a bad person

On 9/17/2019 at 8:00 AM, isaanistical said:

Dig ever deeper into your wallet if you want to travel to NZ. From October, any intending visitor from a visa-waiver country (UK, EU etc) will need a visa-waiver visa (yes, I know...). It will cost NZ12 online or NZ9 if you use their official 'app'.

There's more though: the euphemistically named "International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy" will be introduced alongside the ETA and will cost an eye-watering NZD 35. Obviously Wellington has been taking gouging lessons from Bangkok.

Also, according to local reports, travellers will need to show proof of onward journey on checkin, not arrival.

Hey,

thanks for the helpful information, it helped me alot

Regards.:):)

• Like 1

Note to self.

Cancel planned long holiday to NZ with extended family of 23 people.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, JAS21 said:

can anyone recommend a car hire company such that they can hire a car in the north and drop it off in the south 

Any of the major car rental companies will allow you to do that... Avis, Hertz, Budget, Thrifty, etc.

You can collect one at Auckland airport and drop it off at Christchurch airport.

And a Thai drivers licence is OK too as it has your personal details in English on the licence.

• Like 2

On 9/19/2019 at 10:43 AM, JAS21 said:

My wife and three other friends,  all retired teachers want to go and visit New Zealand and Australia.

They plan to fly to the north of the north island and then drive down to the south island and then fly to Australia.

My wife has both a Thai and a UK passport  and plans to use the UK passport to enter and leave both New Zealand and Australia.

We did a similar visit some 12 years ago and I remember having to get some electronic Visa for Australia. I also remember you have to be careful where you got the Electronic thing from else it cost you a lot more money.

Would someone kindly point me into the right direction to apply for whatever she needs

Thanks 

re care hire there are so many options but from experience i strongly recommend GoRentals:-

https://www.gorentals.co.nz

have a great trip and a couple of tips:- check out two awesome hot springs, one in the north of the North island (my personal favourite) and the other in the north of the South island

http://www.ngawhasprings.co.nz/the-hot-pools/

http://www.maruiahotsprings.nz/

Thanks 

I just recently finished and got approved visa for NZ, using this website..https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas/apply-for-a-visa/about-

Thanks 

Google it for what you need. 

Thanks 

For visa waiver countries' (including UK) new requirement, you can access it here:  https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas/apply-for-a-visa/about-visa/nzeta

Regarding rental cars, for a trip in Feb/March this year I booked via Rentalcars.com (which I use a lot), and got an almost new Toyota RAV4 from Ezi Car Rental for 29 days at THB49,000 including extra driver, GPS and full insurance.  Picked up at Christchurch Airport, dropped off Auckland Airport, no charge.  I highly recommend the Ezi service too

31 minutes ago, natway09 said:

NZ $35 = approx 670 Bht    WOW . Better stay home then 

Get a life

Jesus <deleted> out of your mind this early in the day.

I have to be a careful as we bought my Aging Asian Babe an E350e three months ago so we don’t want to pay anymore than necessary for this electronic things.

Actually life is great happily married 17 years now ... how are you doing..married to Ma Beer bottle...maybe AA would be more suited to you.  🤐

Edited by JAS21
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, shaurene said:

Google it for what you need. 

Yes I know. Just trying to do it the easy way as have my arm in a sling and have to use Siri.

28 minutes ago, VirgoSG said:

For visa waiver countries' (including UK) new requirement, you can access it here:  https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas/apply-for-a-visa/about-visa/nzeta

Regarding rental cars, for a trip in Feb/March this year I booked via Rentalcars.com (which I use a lot), and got an almost new Toyota RAV4 from Ezi Car Rental for 29 days at THB49,000 including extra driver, GPS and full insurance.  Picked up at Christchurch Airport, dropped off Auckland Airport, no charge.  I highly recommend the Ezi service too

That is very helpful, thank you. I think they want a nice SUV I will give them a call

Edited by JAS21