Compulsory insurance shelved: Ministry don't t want to spook tourists at sensitive time

webfact

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/19/2019 at 3:05 PM, overherebc said:

Don't know where you're from but 50% income tax????

Don't know where you come from, but I agree with this guy. In Canada I was making around 60 k a year and I was in the 50% tax bracket with 14% vat on everything but luxury food.

On 9/17/2019 at 6:21 PM, Max69xl said:

When about 38% of the tourists from the UK admits they have no insurance what so ever,then you might have a clue why the Thai government came up with the idea. And there are of course many tourists from other countries without insurance.

The problem is not here.
Almost all the tourists coming here bought their plane ticket and booked their hotels by paying with an international credit card;
so they have an insurance.

BUT, and this has been noted a few messages above, many of them here rent vehicles while at home they do not have the driving license that goes with it.
International insurance is anything but " tingtong " or " bababobo ";
so if you rent a vehicle here when you do not have the license that goes well with it, you drive without insurance and if you are involved in a traffic accident, you will have the right to take your CB out of your pocket and heat it up because no insurance company will take care of you.

The problem is there; the unconsciousness of the tourists who think that because the thai people roll by million without helmet, in forbidden direction, stuffs or shootes a max with amphetamines, they can do the same <deleted>.

well no

2 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

Don't know where you come from, but I agree with this guy. In Canada I was making around 60 k a year and I was in the 50% tax bracket with 14% vat on everything but luxury food.

At that rate they may as well take most of it and give you food stamps.

In UK you can say roughly 30% comes off the top line before you get it. Some pay a bit more some a bit less.

Edit.

Just googled it. Max 45% in UK. Not sure what you have to earn to reach that.

First £12,000ish is tax free.

united-kingdom-personal-income-tax-rate@2x.png

<deleted> ????

Damm, I was just getting a really good panic on.   What a waste of emotional angst

Well, I'll believe it when the embassy gets the insurance notice off of their website

I do think that a twenty five baht surcharge on every ticket into Thailand is a pretty good idea.  Twenty five baht is not noticeable in the cost of a ticket, and the exact amount can easily be moved to a government account that the pols' can pillage to their heart's content.

On 10/15/2019 at 11:07 AM, overherebc said:

At that rate they may as well take most of it and give you food stamps.

In UK you can say roughly 30% comes off the top line before you get it. Some pay a bit more some a bit less.

Edit.

Just googled it. Max 45% in UK. Not sure what you have to earn to reach that.

First £12,000ish is tax free.

united-kingdom-personal-income-tax-rate@2x.png

Not just that... you have to live in the country for 40 years after the age of 18 to get a pension qui est a chier (French for <deleted> pension) ...

Canada truly sucks and keeps its citizens in chains. Only good jobs are working for the gvt. And those jobs are given mostly to the fairer sex or visible minorities. 

Favorable discrimination they call it...

Archived