Deputy Agriculture Minister Manunya fighting alone to have 3 herbicides banned

webfact

Deputy Agriculture Minister Manunya fighting alone to have 3 herbicides banned

11.jpg

Deputy Agriculture Minister Manunya Thaiseth has complained that she appears to be fighting alone among the bureaucrats and politicians to have three toxic agricultural chemicals, namely paraquat, glyphosate and chlorpyrifos, banned within this year.

She also complained that she is not receiving cooperation from the Agricultural Chemicals Control Office of the Agricultural Technique Department by providing information about the inventories of the three herbicides held in warehouses throughout the country and had to research the information by herself.

Asked about the conspicuous silence from Industry Minister Suriya Juangroongruangkit on the matter, Ms. Manunya said “Don’t you have pity for me for having to work alone?  Even some documents (about inventories of the three chemicals), I have to find them myself despite being a minister.”

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/deputy-agriculture-minister-manunya-fighting-alone-to-have-3-herbicides-banned/

thaipbs.jpg

I thought it was a given that the bad chemi would get a total ban from what the local aG office was saying.  Of course there is no cheap alternative to the bad 3.  We still use the first 2 but in limited use in the orchards. We slash the weeds in a North/South direction and just spray the little islands of weeds left between the trees.  That Reduces our use by 60-70 percent each time but we have to do it 4 times/yr instead of 3.

I hate to say this but she is a straight out liar.

Every man and his dog in government has got their hand up for an envelope in the sham fight of having these chemicals prohibited. 

Her statement today is just a precurser for the formal announcement that the chemicals cannot be banned. This is going to cost the companies big time.

The grasping hands list so far consists of:

1. The Ombudsman on behalf of Cabinet members

2. The Education Minister and universities and senior officials.

3. A 39 member panel set up to represent members of the House of Parliament.

4. Bent doctors who will be required again to provide false information to the foregoing.

5. And last but not least the Agriculture ministry itself.

https://news.thaivisa.com/article/39995/ombudsman-presses-pm-to-ban-paraquat-by-january

https://news.thaivisa.com/article/40011/new-house-panel-set-up-to-study-toxic-weed-killer-paraquat

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1123178-education-ministry-to-set-example-by-banning-two-herbicides-and-one-pesticide/

https://news.thaivisa.com/article/40011/new-house-panel-set-up-to-study-toxic-weed-killer-paraquat

Much of the spray ends up in the air we breathe as the fields are burned.  I remember in the 70's the US used Paraquat to kill marijuana plants in Southern Nations of  the USA. Stopped using Paraquat when users in  America had lung  problems from smoking the weed.

Well, there is this thing called "boycott" which folks have used for many years successfully but it requires folks to wake up first to see they are ingesting poisons daily.   

I only buy organic and I understand there is a lot of skepticism about organics here, but that does not meant organic products are not organic, it simply means some folks have trust issues and they would rather just buy the poisoned food cuz it is so much easier than making a change in their life. 

What these folks do not understand is that some farmers do not use pesticides cuz they know their families would be eating this poison...so they would never ever consider using pesticides...and somehow miraculously they product wonderful organic foods (which I am eating daily).

There is many people that want this stuff banned. Im a farmer and dont use it but my neighbours do. 4 people died of weird cancers in a year and still people are getting ridiculously sick. Whats worse the people spraying the chemicals are just renting the land which is land thats not allowed to be rented in the first place but there is absolutely no enforcement of anything, anywhere!

Thais have themselves to blame also, they seem to think its not toxic or just brush it off like they have to work and make money like ignorant morons.

She is jumping the gun.

Let the certification to buy and use take place 1st.

With oil prices looking to go up, the fall on effect is also to diesel,fertilizer,seed prices and transport.

Not to mention all the extra burning that will take place.

Anyone with half a brain would not expect the farming industry to give up using chemicals in the time frame she's talking about.

2 hours ago, johnnysunshine said:

Well, there is this thing called "boycott" which folks have used for many years successfully but it requires folks to wake up first to see they are ingesting poisons daily.   

I only buy organic and I understand there is a lot of skepticism about organics here, but that does not meant organic products are not organic, it simply means some folks have trust issues and they would rather just buy the poisoned food cuz it is so much easier than making a change in their life. 

What these folks do not understand is that some farmers do not use pesticides cuz they know their families would be eating this poison...so they would never ever consider using pesticides...and somehow miraculously they product wonderful organic foods (which I am eating daily).

Where are you purchasing organic produce?

4 hours ago, johnnysunshine said:

cuz wind and water.........

Archived