One-month car rent in BKK?

USNret

Hi.  We will be staying in BKK next year, but have a one-month trip to Hua Hin during around March/April (back before Songkran).  We'd like to rent a car in BKK for 30 days, drive to HH & back, and use the car locally in HH while there.  The best prices we are finding online is around THB12,000+.  Anyone know of any cheaper alternative?  This is for a family of 3, including 4 year old.  

We could rent in HH possibly cheaper, but then we'd have to hire transport there & back, probably erasing any savings.  Thanks for any tips you can offer! 

40 minutes ago, steve187 said:

i think you are wasting your time looking for cheaper, is it a well known company with new ish cars, if so go for it 12,000 baht is cheap,

edit does it include a car seat

We have our own car seat.  And I think you are right, there are no reliable cheaper alternatives.  We've looked before at a lease, like 6-12 months.  These come in at a low monthly price.  But when you are renting for just 30 days, the cost is higher. 

31 minutes ago, Ron jeremy said:

Driving around bkk? And then hau hin???? Why?...Bangkok is a <deleted> zoo, and hau hin is small enough to walk and has decent public transportation, baht bus.

As I said in my post, the car is for getting to/fm HH and using locally in Hua Hin. I generally don't drive in BKK.

Our condo is a bit outside of town; I have no desire to haul my family around in a baht bus for a month. We do more than just Market Village & Cicada Market. 

1 hour ago, USNret said:

Problem solved.  A family member has a car they don't need.  They offered it for free, but we will split the difference and offer to rent it for 6000THB for the month.  Win-win. 

make sure its first class insurance and you will be covered.

Archived