GSB freezes woman’s account used to receive donations in actor’s name

webfact

GSB freezes woman’s account used to receive donations in actor’s name 

By The Nation

800_8a91c963f42520d.jpg

The Government Saving Bank has frozen the savings account of a woman that was being used for donations for flood victims in the name of actor Bin Banluerit.

The GSB announced on its Facebook wall, @GSBSociety, that the bank account in question had been frozen and no more transactions could be made until an investigation is completed.

The bank account belongs to Napassorn Thongbutr. The bank account’s number and the owner’s name were displayed at the bottom of an apparently-doctored post supposedly written by Bin, asking for donations to flood victims.

Police have yet to investigate whether the account owner came up with doctored post herself or if someone else did it to frame her.

Meanwhile, Bin has announced on his Facebook wall that the donation to his Kasikorn savings account has reached over Bt130 million, prompting him to open a new current account to receive public donations.

Bin took swift action to help flood victims in the northeast. The government has been attacked for being slow in responding to the crisis.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30376290

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-09-17

An actor and a private person receiving staggering mountain of cash 130 millions in donations to do as he pleases with that without any guidance or supervision from a government body and still asks for more.. What could go wrong with that i asks?...

13 minutes ago, ezzra said:

An actor and a private person receiving staggering mountain of cash 130 millions in donations to do as he pleases with that without any guidance or supervision from a government body and still asks for more.. What could go wrong with that i asks?...

Can't work out if it's better or worse than the PM asking for donations for the same, despite the seemingly rampant corruption in the higher echelons

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

They had TV cameras follow him into the bank, withdraw cash and filmed him giving it ALL in 5000 baht payments to victim families.

Please take care how you word things and be aware of this forum rule.

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel. Any such posts will be removed and the poster may face an immediate ban.

Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.

7 minutes ago, scorecard said:

True and they never seem to consider there's a good chance they will get caught.

Yes I mean how stupid can you be to do something like this with your own bank account (if that is the case).  Where i come from they use accounts set up in name of homeless people or junks to do stuff like this. 

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Nothing can or will go wrong, because the guy is actually a decent guy, who does donate the money, he receives.

I doubt he would get many donations, if one single government body was involved. Take a guess why...

2 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Some people have no shame. The same as officials stealing kids food money or money put aside for the poor & destitute. 

If this woman is guilty chuck her in the slammer and throw the key away.

She might just get hired on as an MP w/the current crop :closedeyes:

Archived