Non-O visa extension problem after move to another province

3 hours ago, USNret said:

Wonder if I will have a similar problem.  I'm coming to Thailand on a non-O 90-day visa.  TM-30 will report my address in BKK with my in-laws.  Set up my bank account and deposit 400,000 for marriage extension.  During the 90 days, I plan to go to Hua Hin for about 30 days (staying at an AirBnB) and intend to do a 60-day extension in HH to get 2-months seasoning of my bank deposit.

I doubt you'll obtain a 60 day extension in Hua Hin, because Airbnb lodgings typically don't file TM30's.

You'll probably be requested to apply for the 60 day extension in BKK where your registered.

19 hours ago, GeKoSc said:

Did you request to talk to the chief of immigration at the Bangkok office? 

Best advice yet,especially if you have a thai companion with you to discuss in depth what is required

Edited by norbra

You are just getting lost in translation you simply must follow the procedure ('simply' i know its not exactly easy nor digitalised but it is simple if you speak thai)

You will need a lease and copy of all the particular documents then just file it as normal

Dont take a no as a rejection it is simply your application is not following by the 'simple' rules

It's easy when you know how

Worth spending a few thousand baht on a thai assistant give half up front and half on completion of your visa 

Do not use chinese 

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, USNret said:

Wonder if I will have a similar problem.  I'm coming to Thailand on a non-O 90-day visa.  TM-30 will report my address in BKK with my in-laws.  Set up my bank account and deposit 400,000 for marriage extension.  During the 90 days, I plan to go to Hua Hin for about 30 days (staying at an AirBnB) and intend to do a 60-day extension in HH to get 2-months seasoning of my bank deposit.

4 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

I doubt you'll obtain a 60 day extension in Hua Hin, because Airbnb lodgings typically don't file TM30's.

You'll probably be requested to apply for the 60 day extension in BKK where your registered.

You could register the Hua Hin Airbnb's place on the TM30 website, and when that's done file your own TM30.

You would however need the house-book and a front-back copy of the owner's ID, in order to register on the owner's behalf. 

Not 100% sure, but I do not see any reason why it should not be possible afterwards to apply for extension of stay in Hua Hin because that's the place where you are staying.
Note: If you put the Hua Hin Bnb-address on the TM6 entry-card when entering Thailand, your stay in Bangkok would be like a transit using a Hotel. 

44 minutes ago, norbra said:

Best advice yet,especially if you have a thai companion with you to discuss in depth what is required

I did this without a Thai spouse and not managing Thai language neither discuss deeply with immigration when they were about refusing my application for Non-immigrant O Visa because they did not believe me that this 800.000 Baht deposited in the Local bank came from my account in the USA. So, it can be done if you are willing to try it...

On 9/17/2019 at 3:42 PM, Puchaiyank said:

Be careful...wait for it...you will soon learn that YOU are the problem...Thai people do not make mistakes...it is their country and you should return to your home if you can not suck-up (I mean adapt) to immigrations laughable policies.

Apologists, naive youngsters, and just plain mean spirited people are quick to try and defend the indefensible Thai positions...

not exactly sure how this helps the op in any way.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Scott424 said:

I wonder if UbonJoe might know the answer to this question...would it have made a difference if the OP had submitted the TM28 change of address form, seems that the TM30 is not a change of address, i.e. permanent move, but simply notification of where you are currently staying.  Or do some Immigration offices use the TM30 as a change of address also?

You have a good point. He didn't change his address to Bangkok.

Edited by looplaw

The issue was she had an immigration issued 90 day O visa entry based on obtaining a retirement extension of stay at the office issuing.  She tried to use a different office to do the actual extension of stay and they would not accept as had been issued to extend at a different office.  Nothing to do with TM28 or using agents.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/17/2019 at 11:20 PM, roberta said:

In reply to above message:  when I went to BKK Immigration to report my change of address last January, I filled out and submitted both TM28 and TM30.  The officer handed back to me the TM28 with the words "we don't use this one anymore".

They fully accepted that I had changed my residence address.  That was not the issue.  In fact the officer to whom I presented my full set of documents accepted everything, and then passed the folder on to the next higher authority.  After waiting about an hour outside I was called back in and told that it had been rejected by that higher authority.  Someone "upstairs", as they called it.

I think that if I actually move "permanently" back to Nonthaburi and register my address as soon as I move, that should remove the impediment and allow my next and future extensions to proceed as normal. 

I am still hoping to hear from someone who has managed to get a visa issued in another province extended in Bangkok...      

People move all the time in Thailand. Of course even retired expats. Normally you submit the TM28 (Change of Address) + the TM30 at the new Immigration office. Then you  can start doing the 90 days reports and 1 year extensions. Why would anyone here even suggest leaving the country to start all over again with a new visa or use an agent??

• Like 1

Hi another OP gave you the best advice get an agent, from my experience pay the agent and all will be ok, been there done that...it's to stressful 

Lots of technical reasons why on TV; it's simple the tea money from you original visa province did not come through Bangkok, so the IOs in Bangkok did not get to share in the ilgains.  

When you pay the agent to sort out your visa extension they will pass additional tea money to the IO in Bangkok and Bob's your uncle, everyone's a winner.

Province to province visa extensions are generally a nightmare.  

BTW for your first 90 day report  (only) in the new visa province you visa agent needs to do it for you, more tea money to be handed around to another department, no extra costs, it should be included in your upfront visa agent payment.  

All follow up 90 days reports you can do yourself....

PS. Don't look for any logic or intelligence in IM, there is none..................it's all about the money...money.....

15 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Why would anyone here even suggest leaving the country to start all over again with a new visa?

This is exactly what the officer at Nonthaburi immigration told me I must do, after I had just been denied an extension there.  He said I must apply for a new visa at a Royal Thai Embassy in another country.  Bangkok visa had sent me there after being the first to deny and extension.  When I asked if I could now apply for a new non-O in Thailand he said "no, leave country now!"

It's so nice to feel welcome ????

14 minutes ago, roberta said:

It's so nice to feel welcome ????

Actually a bit of it appears to be on you in this case - although understand you did not know at the time. 

You arrived without a non immigrant visa for a retirement stay.  OK - if you have time to convert at immigration and then extend.  But you changed your immigration area before extending with an official change of address - so new office could not extend as entry was valid for extension from old office and you were no longer in the old office area.  So then you want back to old office with residence in new office area and they advised you to obtain a non immigrant O visa/entry to do at office you lived with a simple Consulate visit/visa/return.  

• Like 1