Good Places To Drink In Chiang Mai

Crow Boy

Well here is my ten penneth!!

I like the Olde Bell, Loi Kroh, proper British pub with good food and good company

If feeling like some music, then it has to be 'The Guitarman" Have only been on the Saturday night when anyone who plays can jam but its always been good.

Just do not go there to talk to anyone, the music is just too good

Ta Ta

Richard

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well here is my ten penneth!!

I like the Olde Bell, Loi Kroh, proper British pub with good food and good company

so the beer is warm, the food is over-priced, the toilets are filthy and there are bare-knuckle boxing bouts every friday and saturday night?

• 1 month later...

Questions for the group:

My (Thai) wife and I will visit Chang Mai in October, because I wanted to see something more of Thailand than the beaches we normally go to. We are a bit older than the 'club' crowd (58,45), so I'm looking for a place where we can sit and talk, but still hear decent music (jazz, blues). My wife is a Thai school teacher, and doesn't drink much, but a friendly place with decent food and a good atmosphere for couples would be a nice way to spend an evening.

I've read the messages posted here, and some of the wine bars sound decent. My question is, knowing the above, if you were in Chang Mai for a short time and wanted a romantic night out with the wife, where would you go?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Questions for the group:

My (Thai) wife and I will visit Chang Mai in October, because I wanted to see something more of Thailand than the beaches we normally go to. We are a bit older than the 'club' crowd (58,45), so I'm looking for a place where we can sit and talk, but still hear decent music (jazz, blues). My wife is a Thai school teacher, and doesn't drink much, but a friendly place with decent food and a good atmosphere for couples would be a nice way to spend an evening.

I've read the messages posted here, and some of the wine bars sound decent. My question is, knowing the above, if you were in Chang Mai for a short time and wanted a romantic night out with the wife, where would you go?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

The House on Moon Muang has a nice outside cocktail area that is quiet and has comfortable sofas