Thai Consulate in Savannakhet, Laos

Hey Everyone,

I wrote earlier this year with my thousand questions about getting a Non O Multi Entry VISA. It will expire on October 1 (Tuesday). I'm planning to go to the Thai Consulate in Savannakhet to apply for a new non O multi entry. I heard that Mondays and Thursdays are very bad days to go to the Thai consulate in Savannakhet. Does anyone know the current situation with Mondays and Thursdays there? If its still ridiculously bad on Mondays and Thursdays, I'll go to Savannakhet on Monday and to the Thai consulate Tuesday (the day my VISA expires).

Also, does anyone know a decent place they could suggest me to stay in Savannakhet which is walking distance to the bus station and to the Thai Consulate?

Many Thanks In Advance,

You are aware that if visa is still valid you can just exit and return to Thailand for a new 90 day stay as you have been doing during the year it is valid?  Or do you really mean visa has expired and you are on a permitted to stay stamp that allows stay until Tuesday?  Avalon or Aura (same area) are often mentioned as good choice to stay in the 700 baht range.

39 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

You are aware that if visa is still valid you can just exit and return to Thailand for a new 90 day stay as you have been doing during the year it is valid?  Or do you really mean visa has expired and you are on a permitted to stay stamp that allows stay until Tuesday?  Avalon or Aura (same area) are often mentioned as good choice to stay in the 700 baht range.

Thanks for the fast response Lopburi3,

Sorry, I meant I'm in Thailand on a permitted to stay until October 1st, Tuesday as I originally entered Thailand this past May and already got an extension. So, I will be applying for a new Non O VISA Multi entry. Thanks also for the suggestion for Avalon or Aura, Ill check it out. I'm still contemplating if I should chance it and go to the Thai consulate on Monday or screw the hassle and congestion and go to Savannakhet an extra day from my plan and chill on Monday and go to the Thai Consulate on Tuesday instead. But many thanks anyway Lopburi3.

AFAIK Monday the Thursday are still no-go days if you have the choice.  Might be best to stay in Mukdahan Monday night and cross Tuesday morning. visit Consulate and then proceed to hotel when more rooms should be available and border fewer people.  Should be few Tuesday morning and Wednesday afternoon for pickup.

1 hour ago, john thom said:

Have to go next month- so, teusday/wendsday good days-  traveling from Sisaket

I would use those days but post 6 indicates most of the visa run issues of Monday and Thursday may be a thing of the past now that tighter controls are in place for tourist visa issue.  

On 9/17/2019 at 2:20 PM, lopburi3 said:

AFAIK Monday the Thursday are still no-go days if you have the choice.  Might be best to stay in Mukdahan Monday night and cross Tuesday morning. visit Consulate and then proceed to hotel when more rooms should be available and border fewer people.  Should be few Tuesday morning and Wednesday afternoon for pickup.

Thanks for the advice Lopburi3,

was thinking of going Monday morning across the border but after you mentioned about more hotels rooms being available Tuesday, I'll follow your advice and maybe stay in Mukdahan Monday and go across the border or drive from my home in Sakhon Nakon early Tuesday morning to the border.

On 9/18/2019 at 10:37 AM, Quack said:

I was there last Wednesday it was dead, around 25 people at the most. I had all the docs for a multiple non O based on marriage, had the guy check everything and do the form for 100 baht, very fast and easy. You'll be fine, don't fret ???? 

Thanks for the encouragement Quack. The guy checking the form works for the Thai Consulate? And if so, where should he be located? Several years ago, I went to Vientiane and the guy who helped me do fill my form took my passport and paperwork and disappeared somewhere. He came back eventually with everything filled out and everything given back but those minutes he was gone I was ready to <deleted> (what is this deleted thing?) anyway I was ready to defecate in my pants any second and kept thinking to myself that I must've done the most stupid thing in the world.

Edited by joninisaan

3 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

I would use those days but post 6 indicates most of the visa run issues of Monday and Thursday may be a thing of the past now that tighter controls are in place for tourist visa issue.  

Might be right but I'll still try to go Tuesday like you suggested. Thanks again Lopburi3

The paperwork requested for a single entry NON O visa is still these:

• MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE ORIGINAL + COPY SIGNED (KOR.2-KOR.3)
  • COPY OF TABIEN BAAN OF PARTNER SIGNED
  • COPY PARTNER’S ID CARD AND (PASSPORT) SIGNED
  • VISA APPLICATION FORM
  • 2 PHOTO
  • (ORIGINAL LETTER OF INVITATION SIGNED BY SPOUSE)

or is changed?

19 hours ago, zhounan said:

The paperwork requested for a single entry NON O visa is still these:

• MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE ORIGINAL + COPY SIGNED (KOR.2-KOR.3)
  • COPY OF TABIEN BAAN OF PARTNER SIGNED
  • COPY PARTNER’S ID CARD AND (PASSPORT) SIGNED
  • VISA APPLICATION FORM
  • 2 PHOTO
  • (ORIGINAL LETTER OF INVITATION SIGNED BY SPOUSE)

or is changed?

If it's the same for a Non O Multi entry then I think so. 

On 9/18/2019 at 10:37 AM, Quack said:

I was there last Wednesday it was dead, around 25 people at the most. I had all the docs for a multiple non O based on marriage, had the guy check everything and do the form for 100 baht, very fast and easy. You'll be fine, don't fret ???? 

I forgot to ask you earlier. So to make sure, the guy will fill out the Non O VISA form too? And does this guy make copies of my Lao Visa too? Also to make sure, where is this guy located? I heard right across the gate for the Thai Consulate.

On 9/19/2019 at 6:11 PM, joninisaan said:

Thanks for the advice Lopburi3,

was thinking of going Monday morning across the border but after you mentioned about more hotels rooms being available Tuesday, I'll follow your advice and maybe stay in Mukdahan Monday and go across the border or drive from my home in Sakhon Nakon early Tuesday morning to the border.

you can park a the border free parking on the left after the under cover car park that you have to pay fore get there about 7-30am, we have cars there many times

1 minute ago, Nong Khai Man said:

NOT Required in Savanakhet.......You're Correct Lopburi3

No, it is not required in Savannakhet!

Anyway people should better stick to requirements of the corresponding embassy, consulate or immigration and not overdue what is in fact necessary.

7 hours ago, ba ba said:

you can park a the border free parking on the left after the under cover car park that you have to pay fore get there about 7-30am, we have cars there many times

Thanks ba ba, this was actually going to be another question I was going to spring on you guys.

6 hours ago, gzu88bv said:

No, it is not required in Savannakhet!

Anyway people should better stick to requirements of the corresponding embassy, consulate or immigration and not overdue what is in fact necessary.

Thanks gzu88bv, and thanks to everyone else too for the help!

@joninisaan

I don’t want to be pedantic or introduce you to old stuff, but what I wrote in my opener regarding Savannakhet in my link below is still valid today and that goes for what I handed in and how my paperwork was set up.

By the way ID card of your wife is indeed sufficient and not both, she might even not have a passport.

What I may add is the Thai Application Form. It consists of 2 pages and please make sure it is a one page back to back print-out.

Good luck.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/697299-worry-free-non-o-visa-savannakhet/

Visa Application Savannakhet.pdf

Edited by gzu88bv

On 9/25/2019 at 12:47 AM, gzu88bv said:

@joninisaan

I don’t want to be pedantic or introduce you to old stuff, but what I wrote in my opener regarding Savannakhet in my link below is still valid today and that goes for what I handed in and how my paperwork was set up.

By the way ID card of your wife is indeed sufficient and not both, she might even not have a passport.

What I may add is the Thai Application Form. It consists of 2 pages and please make sure it is a one page back to back print-out.

Good luck.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/697299-worry-free-non-o-visa-savannakhet/

Visa Application Savannakhet.pdf 107.1 kB · 2 downloads

Thanks so much for the detailed info and the attachment for the application form and for your response. Greatly appreciated gzu88bv! Sorry I took so long to respond though.