Jump to content
BANGKOK
joninisaan

Thai Consulate in Savannakhet, Laos

Recommended Posts

Hey Everyone,

   I wrote earlier this year with my thousand questions about getting a Non O Multi Entry VISA. It will expire on October 1 (Tuesday). I'm planning to go to the Thai Consulate in Savannakhet to apply for a new non O multi entry. I heard that Mondays and Thursdays are very bad days to go to the Thai consulate in Savannakhet. Does anyone know the current situation with Mondays and Thursdays there? If its still ridiculously bad on Mondays and Thursdays, I'll go to Savannakhet on Monday and to the Thai consulate Tuesday (the day my VISA expires).

Also, does anyone know a decent place they could suggest me to stay in Savannakhet which is walking distance to the bus station and to the Thai Consulate?

Many Thanks In Advance,

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are aware that if visa is still valid you can just exit and return to Thailand for a new 90 day stay as you have been doing during the year it is valid?  Or do you really mean visa has expired and you are on a permitted to stay stamp that allows stay until Tuesday?  Avalon or Aura (same area) are often mentioned as good choice to stay in the 700 baht range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

You are aware that if visa is still valid you can just exit and return to Thailand for a new 90 day stay as you have been doing during the year it is valid?  Or do you really mean visa has expired and you are on a permitted to stay stamp that allows stay until Tuesday?  Avalon or Aura (same area) are often mentioned as good choice to stay in the 700 baht range.

Thanks for the fast response Lopburi3,

   Sorry, I meant I'm in Thailand on a permitted to stay until October 1st, Tuesday as I originally entered Thailand this past May and already got an extension. So, I will be applying for a new Non O VISA Multi entry. Thanks also for the suggestion for Avalon or Aura, Ill check it out. I'm still contemplating if I should chance it and go to the Thai consulate on Monday or screw the hassle and congestion and go to Savannakhet an extra day from my plan and chill on Monday and go to the Thai Consulate on Tuesday instead. But many thanks anyway Lopburi3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AFAIK Monday the Thursday are still no-go days if you have the choice.  Might be best to stay in Mukdahan Monday night and cross Tuesday morning. visit Consulate and then proceed to hotel when more rooms should be available and border fewer people.  Should be few Tuesday morning and Wednesday afternoon for pickup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there are no queues anymore. They did a good job in cracking down on visa applicants. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to go next month- so, teusday/wendsday good days-  traveling from Sisaket

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, john thom said:

Have to go next month- so, teusday/wendsday good days-  traveling from Sisaket

I would use those days but post 6 indicates most of the visa run issues of Monday and Thursday may be a thing of the past now that tighter controls are in place for tourist visa issue.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2019 at 2:20 PM, lopburi3 said:

AFAIK Monday the Thursday are still no-go days if you have the choice.  Might be best to stay in Mukdahan Monday night and cross Tuesday morning. visit Consulate and then proceed to hotel when more rooms should be available and border fewer people.  Should be few Tuesday morning and Wednesday afternoon for pickup.

Thanks for the advice Lopburi3,

    was thinking of going Monday morning across the border but after you mentioned about more hotels rooms being available Tuesday, I'll follow your advice and maybe stay in Mukdahan Monday and go across the border or drive from my home in Sakhon Nakon early Tuesday morning to the border.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2019 at 10:37 AM, Quack said:

I was there last Wednesday it was dead, around 25 people at the most. I had all the docs for a multiple non O based on marriage, had the guy check everything and do the form for 100 baht, very fast and easy. You'll be fine, don't fret 😉 

Thanks for the encouragement Quack. The guy checking the form works for the Thai Consulate? And if so, where should he be located? Several years ago, I went to Vientiane and the guy who helped me do fill my form took my passport and paperwork and disappeared somewhere. He came back eventually with everything filled out and everything given back but those minutes he was gone I was ready to <deleted> (what is this deleted thing?) anyway I was ready to defecate in my pants any second and kept thinking to myself that I must've done the most stupid thing in the world.

Edited by joninisaan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, visarunner said:

there are no queues anymore. They did a good job in cracking down on visa applicants. 

Thanks for the heads up Visarunner but just to be sure, I'll try to go on Tuesday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, john thom said:

Have to go next month- so, teusday/wendsday good days-  traveling from Sisaket

I'll be driving from Sakhon Nakon. Not sure wheres closer Sisaket or Sakhon Nakon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

I would use those days but post 6 indicates most of the visa run issues of Monday and Thursday may be a thing of the past now that tighter controls are in place for tourist visa issue.  

Might be right but I'll still try to go Tuesday like you suggested. Thanks again Lopburi3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, joninisaan said:

Might be right but I'll still try to go Tuesday like you suggested. Thanks again Lopburi3

a report once you have the visa would be nice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2019 at 6:38 PM, steve187 said:

a report once you have the visa would be nice

OK Steve187, Ill post a report after I come back from Savannakhet. I'm planning to go next week Monday or Tuesday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...