BANGKOK

I have just joined and got verified to level 3 within one hour to coins.co.th. Now before I actually use them I would like comments on their reliability, ease of use etc. from knowledgeable members, please. 

• Like 1

BUY: 312,352.12 THB | SELL: 303,000.26 THB

How can you trade with a spread like in a currency exchange booth on Pattaya Beach Rd?

I have used them with great success. However, they do not give you the option to get a new bitcoin deposit adress, which for me is a huge red flag. I asked their support about it and they questioned me if I want new adress because I am doing shady business. This way of treating their customers upset me quite a bit and therefore I found alternatives which offer better privacy and lower fee´s.

Edited by EdrigoSalvadore
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, SicTransit said:
BUY: 312,352.12 THB | SELL: 303,000.26 THB

How can you trade with a spread like in a currency exchange booth on Pattaya Beach Rd?

They used to pay premium on bitcoin to THB conversions, but I guess they feel like they are holding to much crypto now.

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, EdrigoSalvadore said:

I have used them with great success. However, they do not give you the option to get a new bitcoin deposit adress, which for me is a huge red flag. I asked their support about it and they questioned me if I want new adress because I am doing shady business. This way of treating their customers upset me quite a bit and therefore I found alternatives which offer better privacy and lower fee´s.

Do you mean that they won't allow you to transfer BTC to your own wallet after you've bought from them?

21 hours ago, bahtboy said:

Do you mean that they won't allow you to transfer BTC to your own wallet after you've bought from them?

No, the thing is that you always keep the same deposit adress for bitcoin. It is a bad for privacy to reuse the same adress more than once.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2019 at 6:48 AM, EdrigoSalvadore said:

No, the thing is that you always keep the same deposit adress for bitcoin. It is a bad for privacy to reuse the same adress more than once.

There's no privacy on a centralized, government licensed exchange, with KYC/AML!
Using a different deposit address can't change that.

For meaningful privacy, one has to trade peer-to-peer, or on decentralized exchanges.

Edited by twig
spelling
  • Thanks 1

I used them 1 time for emergency. I think the fees were too high but service was quick. I did cash pickup without account at Bangkok Bank. Now I use Everex since bx.in.th has closed. 

They are good, IMO. Not slow, for sure, good app with ease of use. I found them to be convenient. However, I think it would be good to offer the ability of another btc address if desired as @EdrigoSalvadore mentioned. Other than that, I think they are good.