PM Prayut donates 100,000 baht to help flood victims

webfact

f071303c896c4d2be46b982cb1afd07b_small.jpg

BANGKOK, 17 September 2019 (NNT) - The Prime Minister and Defense Minister, Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha, is supporting a public relations activity organized to receive donations from members of the public interested in helping flood victims. The Minister attached to the Prime Minister’s Office, Tewan Liptapallop, said today the government is to broadcast a fundraising program for the flood victims this evening, and the Prime Minister has personally donated 100,000 baht to help those affected. The government will see whether they are in need of necessities or cash.

The Social Development and Human Security Minister, Juti Krairiksh, led a group of outstanding children and youths to meet with the Prime Minister before a cabinet meeting on Tuesday. The young representatives were selected for their contributions in the field of art and culture. They are to organize a fair on Saturday (Sept 21) to encourage young people to express their thoughts and ideas, improve their competencies and show their creativity.

The Culture Minister, Ittipol Khunpluem, has helped promote an event to promote Thai traditions and way of life, including a merit-making ceremony in Nakhon Si Thammarat next month, a Buddha statue bathing ceremony in Phetchabun province and the Vegetarian Festival in Chonburi and Phuket provinces.

The Prime Minister said he will check the water drainage issue during his visit to Nakhon Si Thammarat to ensure that the government is managing water resources thoroughly. The Prime Minister also paid homage to Buddha Thammacha, the main Buddha statue of Phetchabun province. During the Buddha statue bathing ceremony, he prayed for peace and order in the country and for all civil servants to succeed in their work. He called on everyone to recognize the importance of the country’s culture and traditions and help preserve them. He said the country won’t move forward if its citizens forget their origins.

Alexander Albon Ansusinha, a 20-year-old Thai-British racing driver currently driving in Formula One (F1), has paid a courtesy call on the Prime Minister. The F1 driver gave his autographed racing suit to the Prime Minister, who said he was glad that a Thai person is bringing fame to the country.

nnt.jpg

6 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

100,000 is a insult better give nothing at all......100,000 baht is a ridiculously small amount of money for a recovery effort... 

it wouldn't even be enough to plug all the mouse and mosquito holes in the wall 

2 hours ago, webfact said:

He called on everyone to recognize the importance of the country’s culture and traditions and help preserve them. He said the country won’t move forward if its citizens forget their origins.

I'd say the opposite...

Just now, anterian said:

This is such an impressively small amount he would have done better to keep silent.

I'd say by now... he's realised his folly, and loss of face ensues... 

it will soon be recanted, claiming Fake News

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Alexander Albon Ansusinha, a 20-year-old Thai-British racing driver currently driving in Formula One (F1), has paid a courtesy call on the Prime Minister. The F1 driver gave his autographed racing suit to the Prime Minister, who said he was glad that a Thai person is bringing fame to the country

Talk about grasping .. Might have been better if he described Alex as part Thai or of some Thai heritage rather than Thai .. especially as he was born in London and was schooled in England .. Hit on anything they think will give an air of credibility they will .. 

I see now....

Yesterday he said something about it's embarrassing that people ask him for money.

Today he gives a frankly, paltry amount.

Soon, he'll come out with some rubbish, that the gubmint has little money, & citizens need to 'tighten their belts'.

He'll be talking about austerity next.

Sounds like a Tory to me.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The Prime Minister said he will check the water drainage issue during his visit to Nakhon Si Thammarat to ensure that the government is managing water resources thoroughly

Someone should tell him Nakhon Si Thammarat is in the south. There is no problem here!  

The problem is in the north east. He gone the wrong direction.

The Culture Minister, Ittipol Khunpluem, 

Gamnan Poh’s son. Dad have trouble for murder, land enroach.

With the heroin guy, etc. Amazing team for government

I thought Future Forward won Pattaya? Ittipol lost. So how he get that job?

Prawit also receive NO vote. But he Deputy Prime Minister.

And Prawit brother is in Senate (no votes also) and got the new job last week for be President of anti- corruption and fraud. 

And Prayut brother also in Senate. (No vote)

Amazing government.

personally donated 100,000 baht

Three day after Bin donate 1 million. And the Thai people donate 250 million. 

17 hours ago, webfact said:

No...please Uncle....please don't do it. It's far too much of a sacrifice. We know you only want to ease the suffering of the Thai people, but this magnificent sum is above and beyond.

You have worked hard in the nation's interests and lived a simple, honest, unassuming, and frugal life to save these funds for your family's future.

Your loyal and loving people are unworthy of this extravagantly generous gift ...and would rather perish in the floodwaters than leave you without your life savings.

10 hours ago, Yinn said:

Gamnan Poh’s son. Dad have trouble for murder, land enroach.

With the heroin guy, etc. Amazing team for government

I thought Future Forward won Pattaya? Ittipol lost. So how he get that job?

Prawit also receive NO vote. But he Deputy Prime Minister.

And Prawit brother is in Senate (no votes also) and got the new job last week for be President of anti- corruption and fraud. 

And Prayut brother also in Senate. (No vote)

Amazing government.

Yinn, it is pointless asking farang about this, we have no vote, better to ask khon Thai!

6 minutes ago, 473geo said:

It appears to me Yinn is making a point

Yes.

but also I ask about what happened in Pattaya? Khunplume. I thought he lose?

Lot of guy from Pattaya on TVF.

17 hours ago, fforest1 said:

100,000 is a insult better give nothing at all......100,000 baht is a ridiculously small amount of money for a recovery effort... 

Far be it from me to defend this General/Prime Minister but I think the 100,000 is from him personally and is not meant to constitute the "full recovery effort" as you seem to suggest.

It could act as a "kick starter" to encourage others (in the elite club) to give.

Archived