PM Prayut donates 100,000 baht to help flood victims

webfact

12 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Its always a good thing when anyone donates to a relief effort. How much have you guys pitched in?

Indirectly, Nyezhov has just given me an idea. Why doesn't some TVF member start a "Farang Flood Fund" (FFF). We'll have our own effort, and in the process, show'm that the farang has a heart as well as money.

Post or PM me the bank details (for FFF) and I'm up to bat immediately.

18 hours ago, webfact said:

the Prime Minister has personally donated 100,000 baht to help those affected

That doesn't mean the money came from his personal wealth. Just that he personally delivered it.

As Head of Government he has access to hundreds of millions of baht in contingency government funds available for such emergencies. Why isn't Prayut committing such funds already created by the Thai Public?

Wow. Between him and Lisa the Thai KPOP star, they have a combined amount of a tad over $6000 USD. That should fix things right up.

For reference, a foreigner needs to show they have $7000 in the bank before they are issued the METV visa here. 

The general has staged a beautiful media show! Congratulations! (What are 100,000 Bhat for you general?)
But it would be better and more effective to reduce military spending by a few billion and use that money to help the needy!

Talk about grasping .. Might have been better if he described Alex as part Thai or of some Thai heritage rather than Thai .. especially as he was born in London and was schooled in England .. Hit on anything they think will give an air of credibility they will .. 

I guess his Thai mum being jailed in the UK for a finance scam cements his thainess.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 9/17/2019 at 2:42 PM, tifino said:

he probably thawed out some of Thaksin's frozen funds

At least he's not distributing food handouts to flood victims, paid for by tax payers, with his photo on. 

Which is what Yingluck did with photos of her brother on. Trying to fool people the Shins had paid.

12 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

At least he's not distributing food handouts to flood victims, paid for by tax payers, with his photo on. 

Which is what Yingluck did with photos of her brother on. Trying to fool people the Shins had paid.

we were today in our local Laos temple (you know... a Thai temple frequented by people who's ancestors lived on the wrong side of the Mekong in WW2) 

...anyways Mr P was on the telly this arvo, resplendend with all those gold (tin) medals... apparently (they were translating) he was sprouting about all what he-has-done... 

... and they were rolling about laughing at (him) - what he was trying to put over the crowds...

oh i dunno... you just had to be there...

Archived