Deputy PM Prawit: Flood news, updates to be broadcast every day

webfact

527128f14c7116482ff73ec0022fd6cb_small.jpg

BANGKOK, 17 September 2019 (NNT) - The Deputy Prime Minister, Gen. Prawit Wongsuwan, has instructed relevant agencies to provide news and updates on the flood situation on a daily basis, while insisting that the government is doing its best to look after the people in flood-hit areas.

Gen. Prawit has ordered the Ministry of the Interior and related units to provide news and updates about the flood situation daily, so that the general public is well informed of the progress. Gen. Prawit said over 4,000 soldiers have been deployed to carry out flood relief operations, while dismissing rumors of some officials refusing to enter inundated areas. Speaking of people who donated money to help those affected through other channels instead of government agencies, he expressed his confidence that donations through the government would definitely be distributed to the people in need. On Tuesday evening (Sept 17), Gen. Prawit and the cabinet ministers are to answer phone calls from donors interested in helping flood victims.

The Deputy Prime Minister said the coalition parties had decided to postpone their reception following the House session, because a number of MPs are now providing assistance to people in difficulties in flood-hit areas. Gen. Prawit said he will join the parliamentary general debate on the cabinet’s swearing-in and the government’s budget allocations on Wednesday.

nnt.jpg

12 minutes ago, webfact said:

The Deputy Prime Minister said the coalition parties had decided to postpone their reception

Postponing their reception indeed! What enormous sacrifices they make for flood victims.

All this is for show because they know the social media is watching them like hawks. 

10 minutes ago, Saint Nick said:

"Here is the flood- news, courtesy of your beloved government!

You are still chin- deep in toilet water!

Try not to make waves!

We still don't care!

Good bye"

At least he is not denying there is a flooding or that certain parts will be flooded. But then again besides that he is not doing any better then previous governments when there was flooding. I was flooded and hated the lack of information and the outright lies of the government. No flooding  we promise.. few days later we were flooded far worse then we could ever imagine. 

I feel for the people who are flooded now.. it sucks and can be quite expensive to get your house back to normal. I believe we got around 20k from the government all in all. Peanuts of course but better as what the government is giving now. 

But I could have saved a lot more money with accurate information instead of lies to safe face. Lots of people lost their cars when they trusted the government information back then. You should have heard them complain. 

I wonder how accurate the information is now and I wonder if they got people saving themselves by flooding others now. I know that our area was sacrificed to save other area's. That kinda sucks when your in such an area.

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Got to be a big fat joke to ask for updates now. The storm was forming in Mid August and the government has the meteorological warning of storm Podul and also a tropical depression forming in the South China Sea. By 29 August, the storm has hit with enormous flooding and 32 people has been killed due to the flooding and number of people have already moved to emergency stations. The Fatso now decided to ask for flood updates. Will someone slapped a malfeasance on this inept government. 

Archived