Thai bank employee caught stealing customers’ cash

webfact

Just now, bander said:

Lesson learned, don't trust any bank employees in Thailand, count your deposit and write it down on a note or even better use a Cash Deposit Machine.

Why would you let let them count it where you can't see them?  Every bank I use has a counting machine behind the tellers.  I keep my eye on my deposits from the time I hand it to the teller and it gets dropped into the drawer.  The last step is to always check your passbook for the correct amount to shown as a deposit.

I don't leave the teller window until this is done.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Actually it looks like the manager was an accomplice. The girl is apparently manager's daughter.

Where do you get the idea that she is the manager's daughter? I haven't seen that anywhere.

Whether the manager is considered a possible accomplice or not is not clear.

From the report..

"Turns out that her fellow employees, including the manager, has suspected her backroom shenanigans for a while"

So the manager is reported as suspecting that she was up to something.

Then at the end of the report...

"some suspicions have also fallen on the manager of the branch"

1 minute ago, loong said:

Where do you get the idea that she is the manager's daughter? I haven't seen that anywhere.

Whether the manager is considered a possible accomplice or not is not clear.

From the report..

"Turns out that her fellow employees, including the manager, has suspected her backroom shenanigans for a while"

So the manager is reported as suspecting that she was up to something.

Then at the end of the report...

"some suspicions have also fallen on the manager of the branch"

From comments in Thai media that accompanied original FB (face blurred) video.

40 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Did anyone say it does? This is a forum about Thailand. What happens in the US is irrelevant.

This post about a crooked bank employee is useful for us to avoid being scammed.

Actually it happens quite often her in Thailand.

You will always find naive foreigners who defends thai thief's and criminals, just ignore them.

They will learn the hard way sooner or later. 

15 minutes ago, yimlitnoy said:

This is exactly why I like to keep that visa extention 800,000 thb at CITI but I am forced to deposit it in a Thai bank...

The thai government or immigration police force all expats to use thai banks (witch proven here can't be trusted) to deposit 800K in thai banks. Can anybody tell me why? Do they get some kind of "tea-money" from the banks?

Wow, other Thai people actually had the courage to film her and expose her! Most of the time if all the people working together are okay with wrongdoings, it will never get exposed. The manager included! TIT!

I feel like making a joke when I go to the bank, next time. Being the smartass I am ???? - Ill say it in Thai also. Ya kamuay ngun na! *jokingly*

17 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

There is one now...

And would you say the same if she did this in the toilet?

So, you don't think that a bank employee taking customer's money into the toilet is somehow different? In the slightest? The tiniest amount? Not the same?

<sheez!>

I have always thought that cash handling in Thailand is seriously deficient in security, at all levels from Government through Banks, businesses, to small traders. There is no accountability for cash in hand, floats , etc., and personal wallets, purses, etc., are often raided for small change, cashiers swap money across tills, the list is endless. Where I come from a bank teller is held responsible for her station and may not go home until every penny is accounted for. No personal funds may be held behind the counter.

40 minutes ago, Odisan said:

So, you don't think that a bank employee taking customer's money into the toilet is somehow different? In the slightest? The tiniest amount? Not the same?

<sheez!>

one suspects you have misunderstood the question.

18 minutes ago, 30la said:

Well, the girl is deficient or retarded, with all the cameras dispersed in a bank ...

deficient in the sense of being unable to read an entire article prior to responding?

3 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Interesting, the bank is not named but I know, that Kasikorn bank's colour is green and Siam commercial bank is purple, hence neither one of them  .......... 

It's very simple. The main banks

Bangkok Bank - Dark Blue.

Kasikornbank - Green.

Krungthai Bank - Light Blue.

Siam Commercial Bank - Purple.

Bank of Ayudhya-Krungsri - Yellow.

Government Savings bank. - Pink.

TMB - Red/Blue.

Image result for thai banks

38 minutes ago, DavCurtis said:

The crazy part is, she was stealing and could not help her ego of showing off. How do you think your colleagues will react if y’all work at the same place and y’all know your salaries but you are buying a house and a car right in-front of them? 

Reminds me of this ...

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Always fun to catch a crook in the act. Amazing that she thought she could get away with it. My heart will never bleed for a bank that gets taken for a ride. But, this was just dumb and dumber. 

Please think through it. There is no way this is not criminals stealing from criminals. The only people who do not know how much money they are depositing are cash couriers = criminal facilitators. 

If the deposit slips issued by the Bank were less than the amounts deposited, the auditors would be forced to report up.

The question now is - who made the video, and will they survive this event?

3 hours ago, ThaiWai said:

I'm stunned they did not give her the blurred face courtesy they usually give crooks.

According to my wife who saw the TV News versions, the video originally was presented to the Manager, and nothing happened. So the co-worker then posted the original to social media. BIB didn't have chance to 'fuzz' out her face.

Archived